Personal must-haves for F/W 10.11

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by The_Ida, Jul 1, 2010.

1. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Shouldn't we do a fall/winter thread by now? I already bought some stuff :ninja:

2. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

^ ta-da. :magic::lol:

So far, I'm mostly interested in white boots and finding a black (preferably leather) pleated skirt.. :heart:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [style.com]

I loved the canvas ones by Topshop but they're a little too much on the scruffy side.. still, the shape looks ideal so I'll probably end up buying them later in the month.
    [​IMG]
    [topshop]

I would also LOVE to get some knock offs of Céline's golden handcuffs..
    [​IMG]
    [eastnews.ru]

3. casaanova

casaanova New Member

Already?!?! NO!! I don't want to let go of my summer dresses and my shorts...well maybe I won't have to since I live in California. But fall means back to school and work! Darn...it's too early to make a must-haves list but I will come back here...

4. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

I already started :lol:

I ALWAYS need knits, so I started out with this one from Gina Tricot...a nice transition piece really
    [​IMG]

I like simple knits with a slight twist, so I guess I'll be buying a bunch of stuff from COS :lol:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    net-a-porter

And I NEED this coat, I just love grey coats and I'm not happy with the one I got last season. So I'm getting this one from H&M
    [​IMG]
    afashiontale.dk

Ordered these boots from H&M:
    [​IMG]
    kanal5.se

And I still need grey jeans. Might go to Cheap Monday for those.

5. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Mullet I'm obsessed with Celine too. I'd kill for an A-line leather skirt! Leather anything, really. And those cuffs...ahhhh :heart:

6. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

ahhaaa...MP>..
    :lol:

i don't know..
    but i feel torn between androgyny and glam...

maybe androgynous clothing with glam hair and make up?...:ermm:...
    i have to work it out still...

the thing that i have recently identified as being missing from my wardrobe is a good leather jacket...
    i've had a number of them over the years...
    but they are all worn out or out of date...

not sure about the style though...
    haven't seen anything that really makes me go...:woot:...

i feel like i'd like some tailoring though...
    maybe as a backlash to all the slouchy grunge stuff that has been everywhere...
    :innocent:

#6 softgrey, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited by moderator starrb81477: Jul 4, 2010
  7. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i really like grey and tweed coats as well and i would be interested in something like that if i found it...
    maybe with TOGGLES...
    i think i want a toggle coat of some sort...

:D

oh!..
    and LOTS of stuff in NAVY blue...
    totally feeling it right now!

blue...grey...purple ...
    that sounds quite nice to me...

#7 softgrey, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited by moderator starrb81477: Jul 4, 2010
  8. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Toggles remind me so much of Paddington the Bear :wub: My mum made me a toggle coat once, I loved it!

I do know that the grey H&M coat is very similar to the Isabel Marant coats, but I'm not complaining :ninja: There's just something about grey coats and chunky grey cable knits that screams COSY! to me. I swear I feel warmer when I'm wearing grey and black! :lol: I'm very focused on not being cold, I swear last winter was killing me. SO cold and SO much snow!

I pretty much always shop for fall/winter clothes. Esp doing the summer sales - I found two pairs of black knee high suede boots marked down 90% in the middle of May. I snatched them up as soon as I saw them :lol: I got both the flat and the heeled version.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Fewormany

Fewormany Member

The only thing I might pick up so fas is this jacket form the H&M fashion agains Aids campaign:

[​IMG]

It never hurts to have an extra transistion jacket, since winter leather jacket it too warm for anything above 5-8 degrees celcius.

10. William_St_Girl

William_St_Girl New Member

FW shopping is always my fav kind as I feel you can endulge sooo much more in quality and luxuary...

This year im sorta going back to the RL FW collections of 06/07/08 Loved them at the time and just did not have the cash... now I do and might have a look on ebay to see if I can find any gems.

Im def after a new fitted tweed coat too... maybe a military style coat too... like total vintage red soldiers coat would be cool!

I also def want some more fur and cashmere stuff... my obsession really started with them last year... and I def want to expand on my collections of these luxuary fabrics.

I've completely moved away from fast fashion and i'd rather buy much less but of a higher quality!

My plan is to buy some more boots too... I'd love something in snakeskin or aligator!

Also I would agree about toggle coats... I love my navy one... so warm... but when I wear my duffle coat some of my mates slag me off for being paddington bear!

Will post some pics once I actually have some definate ideas!

Cant wait to see other peoples ideas too... Love winter fashion so cant wait to september when the shops get stuff in!

WSG x

11. luckyme

luckyme Active Member

-a boot with a clog like bottom. i think the prefall celine ones.
    -would love to find a big cuff like mullets pick only in silver
    -a faux fur big bushy coat, this i've wanted for awhile but just havent found the right one. i passed up a faux leopard one from limi feu a few years back and have never gotten over that i guess.
    -oversized alpaca sweaters

[​IMG]

thefashioncult.com

12. 666tubeamp

666tubeamp New Member

[​IMG] From ZZegna FAll/Winter 2010 Mens.

I'm not sold on the matching outfit [I like it, but it's more than I could carry off] but the pants or the jacket on their own are both fantastic. I love the color and the front seams. The pants are for sure a must have for me, and the jacket...almost for sure.

13. 666tubeamp

666tubeamp New Member

[​IMG]
    Also from Z Zegna Fall/Winter2010 Mens

As with the previous item, the pieces are fantastic. If I actually owned the pants and jacket, I'm sure I'd give it a whirl.

#13 666tubeamp, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 13, 2010
  14. kowie

kowie New Member

Ah fall. Well, this season I will first of all invest in a pair of leather pants (finally.) Secondly, I'm looking for the perfect kaki fall jacket. I actually think I've found the one from Isabel Marant Etoile.

As for shoes, these Acne shoes are highly craved
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://shop.acnestudios.com/

And if I'm feeling lucky and my cash flow is good, I will buy Givenchy Pandora. I'm also obsessed with Céline. So I will probably find some lookalike bracelets.
    I believe this is going to be a great season ^_^

15. sill

sill Active Member

I want a nice cozy sweater, my mum is knitting one like this from Étoile Isabel Marant for me.
    [​IMG]
    net-a-porter.com

The yarn is so soft (mohair and silk), I'll be looking forward to wearing it this fall.

I also really like these combinations from Comme des Garçons FW09.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    catwalking.com

I need a pair of gloves and I'm searching for ones like these.
    [​IMG]
    jakandjil.com/blog

16. justlikesushi

justlikesushi New Member

Backpack!
    [​IMG]
    picture by me

17. Neyla

Neyla New Member

^ I LOVE your packback; I was looking online through some things, and H&M has tons of those! I am considering getting one for school or I'll die under AP classes. X"DD

It most definitely is difficult for me to think "WINTER! FALL! COLD! WARM CLOTHES!" when I live in a desert and the lowest it gets to if we're lucky are the teens in Fahrenheit. P:
    I bought a lovely warm trench for last year and it served me well; I'm also good on a couple of big, super warm hoodies, but they're not very.. appealing, I guess you could say.
    I'd like to hunt for another trench, but some thing a bit longer [my mind immediately turns to Selene's jacket in Underworld. ROFL. Bad Katya, stop with the insane items- not THAT long!]
    I am definitely in need of long boots and booties- I died last year, with all the puddles that cover the school courtyard. -___-;
    And I must move on from my Vans haul; I need more shoes, some thing more interesting.
    I also am in desperate need for a good pencil skirt- some thing more professional-esque, eh? And blouses, button-downs, some thing I can change up with whatever I'm wearing. [And more jeans. Jeez, I need a huge update.]
    I also need more simple tees- of all cuts, but need to be long- and cardigans. I am obsessed.
    We're going shopping later today [considering it's nearly five AM.. again, BAD Katya!], so I'm going to begin looking through which items I'm considering; I bring my journal with me EVERY WHERE so I can create a list, then! P;

#17 Neyla, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by moderator badtrumpet: Jul 17, 2010
  18. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

- some boots with laceups maybe the sportmax runway ones or tommy hilfiger runway
    - isabel marant suede bow shoes (if they do my size!)
    - fingerless gloves
    - michael kors runway sweater dress
    - tommy hilfiger runway plaid coat

19. PaoloM

PaoloM New Member

I saw a nice lightweight flannel from John Foster Fabric the other day at work. Could wear it almost year round. Would love to commission a single breasted, peak lapel, 2/3 roll suit out of it.

20. tlietial

tlietial New Member

I need a lot of boots and a leather jacket. To begin with.