Personal must-haves for F/W 10.11

The_Ida

In Bloom
Reaction score
Shouldn't we do a fall/winter thread by now? I already bought some stuff :ninja:

^ ta-da. :magic::lol:

So far, I'm mostly interested in white boots and finding a black (preferably leather) pleated skirt.. :heart:
00030m.jpg
00130m.jpg

[style.com]

I loved the canvas ones by Topshop but they're a little too much on the scruffy side.. still, the shape looks ideal so I'll probably end up buying them later in the month.
topboots.jpg

[topshop]

I would also LOVE to get some knock offs of Céline's golden handcuffs..
celinew.jpg

[eastnews.ru]

Already?!?! NO!! I don't want to let go of my summer dresses and my shorts...well maybe I won't have to since I live in California. But fall means back to school and work! Darn...it's too early to make a must-haves list but I will come back here...

I already started :lol:

I ALWAYS need knits, so I started out with this one from Gina Tricot...a nice transition piece really
ginasale1.jpg

I like simple knits with a slight twist, so I guess I'll be buying a bunch of stuff from COS :lol:
95760_in_l.jpg
95759_in_l.jpg

net-a-porter

And I NEED this coat, I just love grey coats and I'm not happy with the one I got last season. So I'm getting this one from H&M
140179_940.jpg

afashiontale.dk

Ordered these boots from H&M:
image_gallery

kanal5.se

And I still need grey jeans. Might go to Cheap Monday for those.

Mullet I'm obsessed with Celine too. I'd kill for an A-line leather skirt! Leather anything, really. And those cuffs...ahhhh :heart:

ahhaaa...MP>..
:lol:

i don't know..
but i feel torn between androgyny and glam...

maybe androgynous clothing with glam hair and make up?...:ermm:...
i have to work it out still...

the thing that i have recently identified as being missing from my wardrobe is a good leather jacket...
i've had a number of them over the years...
but they are all worn out or out of date...

not sure about the style though...
haven't seen anything that really makes me go...:woot:...

i feel like i'd like some tailoring though...
maybe as a backlash to all the slouchy grunge stuff that has been everywhere...
:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
I already started :lol:

And I NEED this coat, I just love grey coats and I'm not happy with the one I got last season. So I'm getting this one from H&M

i really like grey and tweed coats as well and i would be interested in something like that if i found it...
maybe with TOGGLES...
i think i want a toggle coat of some sort...

:D

oh!..
and LOTS of stuff in NAVY blue...
totally feeling it right now!

blue...grey...purple ...
that sounds quite nice to me...

Toggles remind me so much of Paddington the Bear :wub: My mum made me a toggle coat once, I loved it!

I do know that the grey H&M coat is very similar to the Isabel Marant coats, but I'm not complaining :ninja: There's just something about grey coats and chunky grey cable knits that screams COSY! to me. I swear I feel warmer when I'm wearing grey and black! :lol: I'm very focused on not being cold, I swear last winter was killing me. SO cold and SO much snow!

I pretty much always shop for fall/winter clothes. Esp doing the summer sales - I found two pairs of black knee high suede boots marked down 90% in the middle of May. I snatched them up as soon as I saw them :lol: I got both the flat and the heeled version.

suedec.jpg
highsuede1.jpg

The only thing I might pick up so fas is this jacket form the H&M fashion agains Aids campaign:

5020_931260_30.jpg

It never hurts to have an extra transistion jacket, since winter leather jacket it too warm for anything above 5-8 degrees celcius.

FW shopping is always my fav kind as I feel you can endulge sooo much more in quality and luxuary...

This year im sorta going back to the RL FW collections of 06/07/08 Loved them at the time and just did not have the cash... now I do and might have a look on ebay to see if I can find any gems.

Im def after a new fitted tweed coat too... maybe a military style coat too... like total vintage red soldiers coat would be cool!

I also def want some more fur and cashmere stuff... my obsession really started with them last year... and I def want to expand on my collections of these luxuary fabrics.

I've completely moved away from fast fashion and i'd rather buy much less but of a higher quality!

My plan is to buy some more boots too... I'd love something in snakeskin or aligator!

Also I would agree about toggle coats... I love my navy one... so warm... but when I wear my duffle coat some of my mates slag me off for being paddington bear!

Will post some pics once I actually have some definate ideas!

Cant wait to see other peoples ideas too... Love winter fashion so cant wait to september when the shops get stuff in!

WSG x

-a boot with a clog like bottom. i think the prefall celine ones.
-would love to find a big cuff like mullets pick only in silver
-a faux fur big bushy coat, this i've wanted for awhile but just havent found the right one. i passed up a faux leopard one from limi feu a few years back and have never gotten over that i guess.
-oversized alpaca sweaters

platformbootsprefall201.jpg

thefashioncult.com

00230m.jpg
From ZZegna FAll/Winter 2010 Mens.

I'm not sold on the matching outfit [I like it, but it's more than I could carry off] but the pants or the jacket on their own are both fantastic. I love the color and the front seams. The pants are for sure a must have for me, and the jacket...almost for sure.

00260m.jpg

Also from Z Zegna Fall/Winter2010 Mens

As with the previous item, the pieces are fantastic. If I actually owned the pants and jacket, I'm sure I'd give it a whirl.

Ah fall. Well, this season I will first of all invest in a pair of leather pants (finally.) Secondly, I'm looking for the perfect kaki fall jacket. I actually think I've found the one from Isabel Marant Etoile.

As for shoes, these Acne shoes are highly craved
27zke4i.jpg

sweoub.jpg

http://shop.acnestudios.com/

And if I'm feeling lucky and my cash flow is good, I will buy Givenchy Pandora. I'm also obsessed with Céline. So I will probably find some lookalike bracelets.
I believe this is going to be a great season ^_^

I want a nice cozy sweater, my mum is knitting one like this from Étoile Isabel Marant for me.
77385inl.jpg

net-a-porter.com

The yarn is so soft (mohair and silk), I'll be looking forward to wearing it this fall.

I also really like these combinations from Comme des Garçons FW09.
commedesgaronsfw09.jpg
commedesgaronsfw094.jpg

catwalking.com

I need a pair of gloves and I'm searching for ones like these.
auroraviviana.jpg

jakandjil.com/blog

^ I LOVE your packback; I was looking online through some things, and H&M has tons of those! I am considering getting one for school or I'll die under AP classes. X"DD

It most definitely is difficult for me to think "WINTER! FALL! COLD! WARM CLOTHES!" when I live in a desert and the lowest it gets to if we're lucky are the teens in Fahrenheit. P:
I bought a lovely warm trench for last year and it served me well; I'm also good on a couple of big, super warm hoodies, but they're not very.. appealing, I guess you could say.
I'd like to hunt for another trench, but some thing a bit longer [my mind immediately turns to Selene's jacket in Underworld. ROFL. Bad Katya, stop with the insane items- not THAT long!]
I am definitely in need of long boots and booties- I died last year, with all the puddles that cover the school courtyard. -___-;
And I must move on from my Vans haul; I need more shoes, some thing more interesting.
I also am in desperate need for a good pencil skirt- some thing more professional-esque, eh? And blouses, button-downs, some thing I can change up with whatever I'm wearing. [And more jeans. Jeez, I need a huge update.]
I also need more simple tees- of all cuts, but need to be long- and cardigans. I am obsessed.
We're going shopping later today [considering it's nearly five AM.. again, BAD Katya!], so I'm going to begin looking through which items I'm considering; I bring my journal with me EVERY WHERE so I can create a list, then! P;

- some boots with laceups maybe the sportmax runway ones or tommy hilfiger runway
- isabel marant suede bow shoes (if they do my size!)
- fingerless gloves
- michael kors runway sweater dress
- tommy hilfiger runway plaid coat

I saw a nice lightweight flannel from John Foster Fabric the other day at work. Could wear it almost year round. Would love to commission a single breasted, peak lapel, 2/3 roll suit out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->