Personal must-haves for F/W 07.08

My list so far:
-black skinny jeans
-Chanel cambon flats (are they overrated or what? I've wanted them forever, but not sure if they are worth the splurge)
-cute blazer
-cardigans
-trench coat

My list so far:
-black skinny jeans
-Chanel cambon flats (are they overrated or what? I've wanted them forever, but not sure if they are worth the splurge)
-cute blazer
-cardigans
-trench coat

I think they are def worth the splurge,only you can say whats overrated or not, I have wanted a pair forever too, but I don't know where I could still get them, because I don't do ebay, I am scared:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres my list..

rick owens leather jacket
balenciaga tweed jacket
miu miu shoes
chloe yellow ankle boots
blue or purple patent stam
matthew williamson dress
stella mccartney flower dress
patent lanvin boots
ann demeulemeester dress
haider ackermann boots
chloe platform ankle boots
derek lam mini dress dress
marc jacobs mini dress

my "backup" list if any of the things above dont work out:
burberry prorsum gloves
black patnet lnvin boots
louboutin bling bling
marc jacobs vest

-rick owens leather jacket
-rick owens oversized black sweater
-a pair of full length black trousers...not sure which ones yet...
-lanvin flats...maybe the new patent bright pink
-some sort of glove...

Kinda hard to imagine the winter considering the humidity these days.. but this is what I'm thinking so far

-v-neck sweaters in black, grey and navy
-more turtlenecks and mock necks
-chelsea boots in dark brown and black
-scarves in grey and black
-duffle coat, not sure what colour
-something with a nice naval crest, perhaps a sweater or blazer
-and a new messenger bag for school, thinking LV Damier (I'll be able to pull it off without looking tragic.. :P)

hmm... at least:

hats
coat
sweater
shoes
bag
tights

but i haven't given it that much though yet.

in response to everyone's summer hatred, I must say I'm enjoying this summer

I'm rebelling against the electro neons and wearing muted colours (grays, nudes, even some shades of green)

all are stretched out, far too loose, fabric far too thin, and the armholes are way too big - but, I make it work and I love it. think of the alex+chloe (jewelry) models and that sort of non-style style.

Black boots (for everyday with a heel under 3 inches)
Brown boots
Cardigans- black, navy and tan
Wrap sweater that hits at the hip

black + purple + grey + navy cardigans
black and grey turtle neck sweater (dresses)
grey straight leg jeans/pants
black straight leg jeans/pants
knee high socks (cream + olive + navy)
ribbed tights (black + grey + olive)
brown leather boots
leg warmers

add:
a giant leather bag
purple converse high tops
hoodies

navy flats in patent also want some patent loafers!
headband.
something orange.

Shop:

-Golden Dolce Leather jacket. (I don't care what y'all think, ma mama and papa think it's obscene, some friend sayin' it tackay, y'all can kiss ma budonk)(i'm just trying to sound like a southern redneck.... but I really like them and I'm already on the list, so, we'll see.....)
-maybe in bronze....... (drool)
-Vuitton Mini Lin Saumur XL (SOO good for University)
-A pair or 3 of Chinos from Esprit (they're cut like low rise Denims, but made out of Chino material. It's a mixture of casual and properly dressed up => It's HEAVEN!)
-More shirts (RL Polo, Purple Lable <-- so nice! stole 2 from my dad, Paul Smith for dashes..... no wait, HUGE SPOTS of color)
-Effin' long cashmere scarves (it's sick how many i lost over the past 2 years. Once I bought one in HK, and I lost it the following afternoon :doh:)

Custom made:
-Chocolate brown leather jacket, biker style, plain front, hidden zippers. (I hate jackets with lots of zippers in the front. Reminds me of strait jackets....)
-Cashmere hoodies (the thin kind. They fit under everything, keep you warm, and the hoodie gives a casual edge to it)
-Maybe the same thing with thin HQ cotton.....

I like to have things custom made cause it saves me from running around looking for specific items. Most times, when I look for something, the market doesn't even offer it yet, so I'm going home all disappointed. Plus, it tends to be a LOT cheaper than shopping at big names.

More expensive than H&M, sure, but when I can pay 500 bucks for a Dior Homme/700 bucks for a Vuitton hoodie, made from a unknown person, or 200 bucks for an older, well trained, experienced seamstress with high quality fabric, I'd rather pay for the seamstress. Plus, it's got something of Haute Couture, lol.

Black wash stovepipe jeans
Black Parka.
sharp cut jacket with no collar. Preferably in a light grey.
Silver Leggings.

Hmmmmmmmm, mine is kinda short so far.

Miu Miu or Jil Sander shoes
I haven't quite figured out which pair though...

additions to my list

black cashmere pashmina
beige cashmere pashmina
black crocodile knee high pointed boots
black kitten heel boots with a pointed toe aswell

my closet is pretty well stocked from past years; perhaps, a couple of soft layering sweaters for under jackets. wide-leg black jeans, and a marni or dries wedge shoe. some kind of purple print top.

I love this topic!

I definitely need...

... jeans (wide-leg, skinny)
... black coat or cape (I've already seen a cape at a Zara store that looks really good)
... black (ankle) boots
... some chunky knitwear and a lot of more comfortable cardigans (I love to wear silky summer tops with a warm cardigan).

That's what I really need. Of course there's more to come...

I don't really need a ton for winter; I have a lot that I buy on clearance that can take me to the next season since I'm not about buying everything really trendy. However I do need:

-my favourite brown jacket to be altered (when my mom bought it for me, she made me go a size too big, and now it's just not funny)
-another pair of skinny jeans that can be rolled nicely to 6" above the ankle, the longest pants are allowed to go on me.
-a nice sweater that I can put on over one of my dozens of polo shirts.
-a nice half-sleeved button-down shirt with white cuffs and collar, doesn't matter which colour though. I just want something that would be nice enough to wear to church.
-a nice hat. I am sick of beanies so I usually go with a newsboy, however I will be checking out various department stores to find something that works for me.
-two black knee-length skirts
-a citrine ring

- A knit jacket....maybe Mike&Chris
- nude pumps
- lace-up oxfords
- a new pair of jeans...I'm thinking wide leg, since I already have straight - - leg and bootcut, can't do the skinnys
- some new thin sweaters. I was in the Midwest and now I'm in Cali...it doesn't really make sense to have bit chunky sweaters here. hah.
- over the knee socks to make my summer dresses transition into fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->