Personal must-haves for Fall 09

more tights, knee socks, etc
new calf boots
warm cream & gray scarves
cream, light gray & navy striped cardigans
new dark blue & black skinnies..all of mine are now too big :(
wool pencil skirt
more knits

dear people of TFS could you post more pics as an inspiration?
thank you:flower:

My wishlist:
-black skinny pants
-black ankle boots (Zanotti or Balmain)
-Heather grey jacket with big shoulders from Zara (Balmain's silhouette)
-black pencil skirt
-small shoulder bag with chain handles
-oversized sweater
-Moncler Gamme Rouge puff jacket

n-a-p.com, brownsfashion.com, colette.fr, largeimagehost.com

^ Love your look!

I adore Moncler jackets too... will need to look what that one looks like... so want one myself for next winter... love the ones with the fur rimmed hoods!

WSG x

Sadly I can't stretch to any designer pieces, sob sob :( but my somewhat modest list currently stands at:

Grey skinny jeans
Oversize check shirt (I must be the only person who doesn't already own one)
A new coat - absolutely no idea what style, probably something a little more dressy as I already have a parka from last year.
Knitwear, knitwear, knitwear. Anything slouchy and soft.
I love the thigh high boots, but I'm not sure they'd suit me, so I'm thinking of some sort of chunky heeled lace up ankle boots and some more flat boots.
A few hats - my hair goes curly in the rain which is an absolute nightmare!
A pencil skirt
A (fake - sorry!) fur coat, I had one last year but have since had a baby so it got too small and has since gone to the big charity shop in the sky...

I'm currently in winter and right now, all I have in mind, is this Marni F/W 09.10 coat/jacket :wub:

nvb9rn.jpg

[style.com]

I saw a guy at my faculty wearing something similar, he was in head to toe black and motorcycle boots, it looked amazing.. total inspiration. :heart:

i'm with you mulletproof...marni has me swooning this season. i may blow the whole budget on it this season.

^^ If the rest of his collection is as lush as that i'm with you two as well!!!

Love those gloves with the jacket and the arm warmers look a nice touch!

Mulletproof, that is gorgeous. I saw Pucci did something quite similar, will try and find a picture. I love the whole androgynous, rock and roll fur look :heart:

mytheresa.com

Balmain

TUXEDO WOOL BLAZER

Attachments

• 300_5012_003.jpg
    300_5012_003.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi All

I'm not yet a 100% sure of what i'll be getting. i bought the recent Elle magazine Autumn edition and found that most of my recent purchases appreared on thier must-have list. As a 5 foot petite gal I know what I won't be getting:

Chunky knits, tweeds and pea/ reefer coats- too bulky on me.
Ankle or thigh boots- not for my short legs
Jeans or leggings-just not me

What I will be getting instead are:

Fine knit Vneck jumpers in jewel tones
Single breasted black woolen coat with a V-neck
Knee boots with small heel and round toe in leather (not wrinkle)
Cigarette trousers in cotton sateen or twill

And for a splash of colour:
Red leather gloves and leather driving gloves
Fine knit scarves

And I'm gonna be buying up peices in 40's style tailoring- pencil skirts and short jackets

Obviously Balmain inspired padded shoulders are a no-no for me too. But will be experimenting with some subtle shoulder details- e.g. small gathers – but NOT large puffed sleeves.

Oh and I’d like some 40’s inspired hats too.

aris that blaiser is to die for! i have small shoulders,i look best with padded ones

Hi All

I'm not yet a 100% sure of what i'll be getting. i bought the recent Elle magazine Autumn edition and found that most of my recent purchases appreared on thier must-have list. As a 5 foot petite gal I know what I won't be getting:

Chunky knits, tweeds and pea/ reefer coats- too bulky on me.
Ankle or thigh boots- not for my short legs
Jeans or leggings-just not me

What I will be getting instead are:

Fine knit Vneck jumpers in jewel tones
Single breasted black woolen coat with a V-neck
Knee boots with small heel and round toe in leather (not wrinkle)
Cigarette trousers in cotton sateen or twill

And for a splash of colour:
Red leather gloves and leather driving gloves
Fine knit scarves

And I'm gonna be buying up peices in 40's style tailoring- pencil skirts and short jackets

So what was on the Elle must have list as I missed that mag... ??? and what where your recent purchases... I've not seen anything to AW inspiring int he shops yet!

So what was on the Elle must have list as I missed that mag... ??? and what where your recent purchases... I've not seen anything to AW inspiring int he shops yet!

Their list is basically;
- a coat
- jeans
- thigh high boots
- leather jacket
- white shirt
- statement necklace

and they suggest one particular place to buy each of those items :unsure:
http://www.elleuk.com/shopping/elle-edits/(section)/where-to-shop-on-the-high-street-now

In terms of buying things for A/W on the high street right now, I have had not much luck -- I think most of the shops are still focusing on summer pieces, and once the final summer sales have ended, probably around September is when warmer pieces will hit the shops I think..

Their list is basically;
- a coat
- jeans
- thigh high boots
- leather jacket
- white shirt
- statement necklace

and they suggest one particular place to buy each of those items :unsure:
http://www.elleuk.com/shopping/elle-edits/(section)/where-to-shop-on-the-high-street-now

In terms of buying things for A/W on the high street right now, I have had not much luck -- I think most of the shops are still focusing on summer pieces, and once the final summer sales have ended, probably around September is when warmer pieces will hit the shops I think..

God... what a con! Dont you just hate articles like that... really all it is is a big advertisement... makes me mad... they are meant to be writing articles on style for A/W not just trying to sell us whatever they got cheap on wholesale... OMG!!!

Well roll on the end of september... cant wait... I adore winter fashion... summer fashion bores me... just much prefer the soft natural fibers, the luxuary of wrapping up and love layering!

Hi LulLulposh & William St Girl

I was refering to the catwalk edition. On the list was:

- Padded shoulders
- Luxe country
- Pencil skirt & 40's tailoring
- Sculptural surrealist dress
- Thigh high boots
- Embellished leggings
- Glittery metalic dress
- Belted coat
- Oversized blazer
- Leather jacket
- Ankle strap shoes
- Jewelled necklaces
- Platform courts
- Lace up courts
- Skinny belts
- Elbow length gloves and 'arm warmers'
- Hair adornments and hats
- Classic bags
- Red lips and smokey eyes

Trends:
-Parrissiene chic & lace
- Goth/Rocker (always in fall!)
- 80's
-Country & tweed (always in fall)
-Metallic (always in fall)

Hapers list included these perenials:
-Chunky knits
-Browns & camel
-Prints
-Velvet

-Androgeny

Bar from the odd new thing like 80's revival I find that its the same textures and thmes every year. I keep a list and compare it each year and it's always the same- country style, tweed, brown/camel, purple, chunky knits and leather for Autumn. Red, metalics, lace, velvet, Gothic and disco for Winter.

This was the Pucci look I mentioned earlier in the thread - finally got round to posting it.

pucci.jpg

Sorry for the absolutely awful quality! I just love everything about it - the jeans, the shoes, the fur, the vintage-esque blouse.... mmmmm

Image source - taken from Vogue AW09 supplement with the August issue.

Tishkaminx... that's more of a list to consider... thanks...

Def agree with you that there is never a lot different for winter... however I do adore the costant tweed look for autumn.... Love the arm warmer thoughts though... that could look amazing with a cropped tweedy jacket... all nice and layered with some cashmere...

PUCCI look... I def love... that fur is so rock and roll... quite kate moss... It's so contrasty from big top half to skinny lower.... nice look but not sure i'd suit it as dont really have the legs to pull it off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->