Pierre Hardy for Gap

crap...i love those silver flat sandals, but they're sold out already...:(

Hebden: I thought they looked better IRL than in pictures. The shape was really nice, and the fabric (is it chambray?..) looked great for Spring/Summer.

Hebden: I thought they looked better IRL than in pictures. The shape was really nice, and the fabric (is it chambray?..) looked great for Spring/Summer.

Good to know, thanks. Now let's see if I can actually find a pair :P

^ good luck!

i'm heading to the gap today to check out the collection.

I went to the Gap today and they only had 2 of the styles that are currently available online. I am not interested in those particular styles (I wanted the white gladiators that were up on the site for like a day and then disappeared), however I tried them on anyway to see how they fit.

The sizing was completely off for me. I wear a 10 and either a 40 or 41 depending on the brand. Gap lists the 40 as translating to a 9 and the 41 to a 9.5. The size 40 in the sandal flat currently available on the site in tan and silver fit me perfectly...unfortunately, I couldn't compare it to a 41 because they were out. The platform sandal in a 41 however actually did feel like a 9.5 to me...but I definitely would have been able to get away with it had I been interested in that style. I guess I will have to order both the 40 and 41 if the gladiator I want ever reappears on their site.

What does everyone else think about the sizing?

interview from style.com. he says he worked with the ready to wear collection...i wonder what this means??? he sounds like a humble man. very pleasant...

Unlike, say, Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo, shoe designer Pierre Hardy is not necessarily a name with which the average fashion fan looking forward to the release of the "Sex and the City" film is conversant. Hardy's more of an insider's cobbler—he tends to attracts the kind of customer who considers no Balenciaga style too extreme. So when Gap announced that Hardy would be designing a range of shoes for the retailer, we were curious. Though Hardy's no stranger to collaborating, his other side projects, with Hermès and the aforementioned Balenciaga, are very definitely in the milieu of high fashion, which Gap, no matter who many cute separates it makes, is not. But judging by the shoes—pointed flats, chunky wedges, strappy flat sandals—there's not such a wide, er, gap between high price and high style. (You can judge for yourself—the styles hit U.S. shops today.) Here, Hardy talks to us about glamour, therapy, and what he loves about Gap.

Was it difficult to adapt your vision to a more mass-market point of view?

Actually, I accepted the challenge because it was interesting to test what I like to do in a different market. So the aim was not to adapt a recipe to Gap, but to try to find a new expression of what I love with different materials and different technology.

You also collaborate with Hermès and Balenciaga. What was it like working with Gap—any surprises or things that went differently from the way you thought they would?

The surprise has been that they have been quite easy people to work with. I was expecting many more constraints, but in the end, they really let me go wherever I wished to go. The fact that Gap is a really big brand meant that the collaboration was not so different from another one. I felt I got really great respect and enthusiasm for the proposals I made.

What were your inspirations for the line?

I tried to evoke the feelings of freshness, freedom, and spontaneity that are the kind of values from the early years of Gap. I also worked with the ready-to-wear collection.

Are glamour and mass mutually exclusive?

Because glamour supposes quite a lot of sophistication, it was not exactly the aim. I would say that I tried to introduce a twist of it in the collection by using some more sophisticated materials like patent or gold leather, bright and feminine colors, more feminine straps. So, I tried to reconcile them.

You were one of the stars of a Gap ad campaign in the U.K. and France. What was that like?

Surprising. I didn't anticipate the scale of the campaign and of the images. It was quite a shock to discover my portrait in the middle of the street. In a way it has been also a kind of therapy.

Do you wear Gap?

Yes! The shirts are great and the new slim jeans are perfect. —Nancy MacDonell

i saw the shoes about a week ago and they are all very nice quality.

they seem to run BIG though.

gap at the galleria in houston had tons of sizes in every style (especially the silver gladiator-esque flat sandal), so there's always the option of a charge send.

here is a pic of what the mens items look like. they will be available september 15th. i think the mens shoes are boring and ugly. the collection includes only a black leather combat boot and a taupe desert boot.

mens.style.com

Attachments

• pierre1.jpg
    pierre1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 6
Regarding ready-towear: I saw an outfit in Lucky magazine today with his rtw line at the Gap. Anybody knows when they will be available?

the fall shoes are on sale right now...some styles are still available at gap.com...
not sure if the collaboration will continue for spring...

i like those boots. actually does anyone know if those black boots are still available and where i can find them? i'm in los angeles ca if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting months for the latest Pierre Hardy for Gap boots. I check out the stores and I do searches online but come up with nothing. Anyone have any info?

the boots were very hard to obtain. i think they were only available in a few stores in new york...a lot of people were looking for them.

the boots in the gap holiday commercial were not pierre hardy. they were from barneys.

you can see a pics of the new spring shoes in the gap s/s 2010 thread.

I didn't even notice the shoes from the Gap commercials. I did notice the ones used on the Gap site and some were actual Pierre Hardy boots. Considered stopping by Barneys to buy one of them but they didn't have them at my local Barneys.

It seems as if I can only get the Pierre Hardy for Gap boots on eBay (and I hate that). After regular visits to Gap and asking about the boots, one associate told me that they never got them in but were selling the ones worn by the mannequins. If I had known, I would already own a pair. I kept thinking that one day they will show up on the website.

Thanks for letting me know about the other thread. I'll check it out.

Bringing this back up...I saw these in the Sunday Times Style magazine today, and I really rather like them. Apparently the new collection is in shops on 19th October, and these are £150. Not sure what they will be in $s ...might be cheaper :unsure:

-nylon.com

Attachments

• GapxPierre Hardy FW2010 Nylon.jpg
    GapxPierre Hardy FW2010 Nylon.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 6
Seriously, you would think Gap would give dates & stores that will have these boots. Especially this seasons, since they look very promising. I'm pretty sure they'll be in NYC, but which stores i'm not sure.

those don't look 1/2 bad...
what is the platform made of?
is it wood?...
it's hard to tell in that shot- bad lighting...

^_^...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->