Powder Blue Mens Shirts

we need more simple trends like this. :heart:

one more look.. by stylesightings.
1zf54kg.jpg

hmmm....
very nice...

i guess chambray shirts are making a comeback as well...
they seem to be part of this...

funny...bcause i rarely wear or buy button front shirts...
but i couldn't resist one from jil sander for uniqlo...
and i have definitely been wearing it...
even without seeing this thread or any of those pics...
must be something in the air...

:P

*now that i think about it...
i think powder blue is a trend in general...
at least it is for me...

i have been drawn to powder blue everything lately...
even home stuff like pillows...
i think it's a very forward colour at the moment...
and we'll be seeing more of it...

Last edited by a moderator:
_MG_7524_1_giant.jpg
_MG_7520_giant.jpg

hussein chalayan shirt from totokaelo.com

racquel zimmermann seems to wear blue shirts quite often...I remember being inspired by her wearing a blue shirt with an asymmetric grey cardigan on top a few yrs ago.

softgrey - I just adore that french vogue look....because its so classic/conservative, the powder blue shirt can really really work with something either very avant garde (freaky) or with something otherwise quite sexy (bordering on the sl*tty). I like the shirt you posted...but what do you do about your bra strap?

Ahh, looks so beautiful. I think I saw photo of Frida wearing one of these but maybe not.

nvm. I think she was wearing a checkered blue men's shirt.

I just rarely wear button up shirts. I feel constricted and they look awkward on me and I am short. -__-

ahhh, long legs. oh well. I should be happy with my short height. haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this look. Powder blue men's shirts are just style classics, really; they can be worn in a large number of ways and most of the time they look good. For me, shirts look better when they're not buttoned up, but I really love all of the button-up looks that people have posted here. I think you need a well-fitted shirt to be able to pull it off.
And dior*kiss, you look great! Fabulous shirt! It fits you really well.

I have a large bust as well but luckily I found the perfect one at a thrift shop. Its not too long/large, but not too small. I usually wear it with skinny jeans and flats, or with longer versions I'll wear leggings and ankle boots.

At first I wouldn't wear the top because it reminded me too much of the button-ups I had to wear in Catholic school, but I noticed recently they are quite a trend and have a completely different look so I really enjoy them now.

This is such a great trend. Mines is vintage, slightly over-sized but structured enough that a retains a sense of versatility and doesn't go into sloppy/grunge territory. It's been incredibly hot here so I've been wearing mine open with chiffon tanks (ivory, oatmeal, dusty rose pink) and suede, full shorts.

racquel zimmermann seems to wear blue shirts quite often...I remember being inspired by her wearing a blue shirt with an asymmetric grey cardigan on top a few yrs ago.

softgrey - I just adore that french vogue look....because its so classic/conservative, the powder blue shirt can really really work with something either very avant garde (freaky) or with something otherwise quite sexy (bordering on the sl*tty). I like the shirt you posted...but what do you do about your bra strap?
yeah- i don't know what you do about a bra strap...
i assume you wear some sort of tank top thing underneath?
one of those complicated designers, you know...
:wink:...:lol:...

i could totally see you in that vogue look helena...
well...that is, IF you wore leather pants...
which i know you don't!...
:o...:P...

who makes the shoes you got...?
they're very you...

i want to see pics of some of the shirts you guys own!
i haven't found my ideal powder blue button up yet...

like some of you, i'm not typically a button up girl but i've been gravitating to them more lately... just in general
though the button ups i've been wearing have been more slouchy and i think i want something more structured/fitted in a powder blue color...
just for some contrast with what i already have...
i think it could be a very clean look

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->