Prada Menswear F/W 2012.13 Milan

I'm not entirely convinced by this collection. Sure, it is a 'return to classics' but to be honest this is quite ordinary. The use of actors serves only the purpose of giving what would be an otherwise mundane collection, some life and animation.

Besides, the clothes offer nothing new or exciting in terms of menswear or the Prada aesthetic for that matter. This is very similar to her collections before, particularly in the 90s.

Also, I see a lot of the Soviet Union here. Nothing remotely Italian or Milanese about this. A lot of the pieces look like something a government official would wear in the Soviet Union :lol: :innocent:

It's a nice collection; lightyears ahead of last season's catastrophe, but I don't know how the venue ties in with the collection. Also, I feel like some of the "celebrities" were a bit out of their league on the runway... :innocent: Thanks Fashion_Girl22 for the HQ images! :heart:

I love this. :heart: So aristocratic, I'll never get tired of styling like this.

I didn't realize Gary would be there! :woot:

Love the no fooling, back to classics, well done clothes. There's a faint nostalgic longing in them which is both surprising (that she would be so direct) and also a bit boring. I agree with other comments, it's lacking some oomph. But maybe after last season's in-your-face funny collection it doesn't need any? Maybe good solid clothes don't need any tricks? The amazing casting and setting are certainly convincing.

This was a beautiful collection. I love uniform-tinged clothing, it's tailored impeccably tailored, and the actors just further made it all look convincing on the runway.

Oh, Prada back to what she does best. Unlike with her women's collections, I think Miuccia succeeds best when she doesn't try too hard to be 'outside the box' with her men's collections. I love how aristocratic and formal it is. Yet, I don't think it's boring. The bold shapes, the sharp tailoring, the confident designs make it for my favorite Prada Mens collection in years.

tbh this show was a bit disappointing. the collection's inspirations were too eclectic with pieces conveying military wear, detective/pilot wear and 70s prints. i could only see hugh hefner wearing most of this collection. my favorite pieces were the high-waisted slacks and white shirt+shorts. that i loved. also, the venue was gorgeous (not to mention extremely filled)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->