Prada F/W 2007.08 Milan

Bluestar07 said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl: you just about killed me with that!!!

LOL, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that! it made em laugh though. And hey, that truly is the most elusive fiber of all. You don't wanna know how it's obtained :rolleyes: :lol:

I like the way she "morphed" one thing into another. She did it with colours few seasons ago. Now it's with fabrics that changes from wool, or knits into "sth wierd" by coverig it with foam. It looks somehow like boiled wool:-)

I have never seen it before. Maybe it was done and did not work, tho.

Softgrey we will have gorillas in colours:-P I too would'n wear this if I could afford but it looks shabbyly nice.

I am so disappointed. I've always loved prada, which is strange considering that I wouldn't wear most of the pieces in any of her collections. But this collection is downright UGLY!!! It looks like she peeled her home carpet off and cut them into skirts. Miuccia's aesthetics is WAAAAY off! Why didn't someone stop her?!

With that said, just so i'm not too harsh on Miuccia, I'll quote Einstein and say that
"If an idea is not stupid, then it's not good."
And this collection is truly stupid.

this collection is really drawing me in more and more. the colors are just so deep and soothing, I love the black dress, the grey vest, the green skirt and the black with green coat.

:flower:

style.com

Attachments

• pradadress.jpg
    pradadress.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 10
  • pradaoutfit.jpg
    pradaoutfit.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
  • pradaskirt.jpg
    pradaskirt.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 8
  • pradacoat.jpg
    pradacoat.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 9
despite how many ppl said they hate this collection, i have to put my vote on this one, it certainly isn't a derivative from any of the sources, it's original, fresh, pure aesthetics, ppl who don't get miuccia may not like this collection, but its her private thought and vision, many ppl who had criticized about picasso at first came to like him after, i think people will start to like her things more in the future

ppl who said bad things about prada, plssssss look at balenciaga, it's total crap for me

Ilove how Muicca forces her idea of pretty opun the world until everyone accepts it. That's what a designer does. from a technical standpoint all frabic the and cuts are cool.

I loved this collection. It might take a little more time to resonate and for people to accept it though.

I mean last fall/winter, I absolutely detested the fur, the parka's and the grey looks - but eventually I loved it, and all the shops now have parka's (or anoraks) and that sort of savage look.

So in a few months time, we will see shaggy-textured coats and what not lol

Like all Prada collections, I have to sit down and take a good, hard look at every piece before I make a decision on how I feel about it. My initial reaction was pure disgust. I then realized that the reasoning behind that was the combination of the pieces. Many of the outfits in this collection shouldn't be outfits, period. They make good separates, but combined together, they make an ugly outfit (I hope that makes sense).

As Miuccia said herself, this collection as a whole is "simple but strange." The jackets, skirts, and pants are all generic shapes, but it's the odd patterns and colors that make them stand out.

Exactly, in the stores the pieces will look great seperate and put together at the customers; discretion.

i've never really liked prada much <with the exception of the colour blocking turban collection which is her best to date> but this collection really takes the cake. hideous hideous hideous.<judgement usually reserved for louis vuitton bags> altho...admittedly, a few items were'nt too bad.

i have always like prada and i think this collection is just beautiful.:blush:

i love how miuccia prada expresses her inspirations into aesthetics and onto the clothes on the runway, they are inventive, not cliched and very cool.

and i like the fact that they are feminine but not overly girly.
prada's ideas agrees with mine, from her clothes to her shop interior.

i always feel her clothes are under appreciated, compared to her bags.

i love most of her bags too but i must say that is the least thing i like about things prada, it seems to me sometimes it is created to bring in the money.
:sick:

This is my most favourite Prada collection!
I love everything about it. I like the mannish shapes, the colours! Especially the fabrics and the textures and how they are put together. It is very abstract and I see a lot of Japanese references for some reason. Nice to see some finely structured clothing after the whole trend of volume, etc..
Miuccia is always full of suprises, she is a very mysterious and unexpected person.
There is obviously a bit of humour done in this collection though it will be very interesting to see a watered down version of this in the stores :innocent:
nonetheless I love it. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just watching the video from this show and I must say I love it - clothes, music and of course Anabela on the catwalk! :heart:

00380m.jpg

style.com

miuccia's nothing if not a maverick. in a season of futurism and sport, she does retro turbans and cowgirl frills; now, in a season of grey and black minimalism, not to mention something of hollywood glamour, we see her leading with strong color and the studied undone. the power of prada remains that it can do things that no one's ever quite ready for. this reminds me of old school prada. it's so hard to like, but you find yourself wanting to anyway. i can't wait to see what the editorials do with this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->