Prada F/W 2007.08 Milan

She could send naked women with fluo green pubic hair, some people would still think she's a genius.

Her lack of talent, their pretentiousness, their made-in-China nylon logoed stuff, her voluntary but meaningless bizarre look, everyone about her is disgusting. :sick:

miuccia's nothing if not a maverick. in a season of futurism and sport, she does retro turbans and cowgirl frills; now, in a season of grey and black minimalism, not to mention something of hollywood glamour, we see her leading with strong color and the studied undone. the power of prada remains that it can do things that no one's ever quite ready for. this reminds me of old school prada. it's so hard to like, but you find yourself wanting to anyway. i can't wait to see what the editorials do with this stuff.

I think that it's cool about her, showing something quite different than others do :rolleyes:

I go back and forth on this collection. Sometimes I look at it and think is it so fresh and futureistic and other times I think it is ill fitting and dumb down fashion. I don't know.

i was sorta questioning the pretty thing too, but then i saw this in W mag.

img03.jpg

source_www.style.com

can someone please tell me some of the names of the fabrics used? I really need to know, it is very very important!

I had a chance to stop by Prada in NYC and get up close to the ombre fabrics and the mohair coats and skirts. my god, they are delicous. the wool is very thick and textured, the ombre is a bit crusty and gives the impression of being stamped on top of the wool. it's amazing to touch, no kidding, you see it and have to feel it (like a kid, I was); and the color, kind of glows. the curly mohair is soft but still very knappy, it will be warm to wear. all in all, it's a heavy-weighted collection and very sensual. to me, this collection needs to be seen and touched to be fully appreciated. Granted, I'm new on the scene but this Prada collection is an emotional experience. Even the two-tone socks are off the charts.

Awesome, I din't like the last Prada but this looking really nice

For some reason, I took a look at this collection and I did not like it. But after a few more glances, I loved everything about it. The color blocking, the socks, and the fact that this collection felt like something new in a sea of collections literally referencing the past over and over again.

I'm not going to lie the socks are the only thing I can afford right now and I might just have to make a trip to my good friend Harvey Nichols and take a look.

I am suprised how much I am disgusted when I look a this collection. The fabrics look positevely phatogenic.

i started loving this collection after i saw the ad campaign, but i have yet to see the clothes live...

i liked luckyme's description. closeups of the fabrics indeed look delicious. i'm saving my lunch money for one of these wool/silk blend jackets/coats.

firstview

where is black/green coat raquel wore?
i love that one

can someone please tell me some of the names of the fabrics used? I really need to know, it is very very important!
besides mohair, the other is radzmire, which is a heavy silk i think^_^
if you go to prada.com and check the auctions, you can see the descriptions for some of the f/w 07 clothing

prada.com has uploaded their f/w 07.08 pdf but i've put them all into jpgs for anyone who wants to see on my blog here:

http://justjr.com/blog/?p=202

Models include: Johanna Jonsson, Sasha Pivovarova, Lara Stone, Vlada Roslyakova, Diana Moldovan, Anabela Belikova, Kasia Struss, Eva Arlauskaite, Irina Kulikova, Alana Zimmer, Laragh McCann, Kinga Rajzak, Freja Beha

more and more I see this collection in magazines more and more I looove it (I repeat, I repeat, I still hate those carpets...)
and more and more I see this, and I actually think Miuccia's been inspired by a contemporary version of Bee Van Der Kamp....
and the works on fabrics and textures is wonderful...
Miuccia, I'm taking back my first words to hell in my mouth... and I applaude with 4months late...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->