Prada S/S 05 Milan

maybe there is hope...i do like that 3rd outfit above with the green croc. bag :innocent:

well...for me...this is standard prada...i never like it...the last two collections were something of an anomoly for me...because i actually liked them quite a bit...i knew it couldn't last forever...i was expecting a bit of a slip ...to be frank...

This collection is really interesting. I'm glad she shifted from the formula she used for the past two seasons. Some of it is nice, some of it not so nice. I wanna see the entire show, though!

Originally posted by mdankwah@Sep 29 2004, 03:02 PM
not exactly wht i expected but maybe all our standards are too high, people are bound to have bad collections now and then, it's what keeps fashion interesting i think
[snapback]379644[/snapback]​

I agree, my expectations were much too high which is why this collection seems like a bit of a let down
Some of it isn't great, but I do like a lot of it - especially the use of peacock feathers :woot:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 29 2004, 02:09 PM
well...for me...this is standard prada...

i agree. is it just me or does something about this collection seem very mid-1990's?

Originally posted by fashionaddict1@Sep 29 2004, 04:52 PM
Really don't like this, Daria looks so ill

Like the peacock skirt though . . .
[snapback]379735[/snapback]​

I agree about daria, she doesn't look good, poor girl, she usually looks amazing.

I also agree about the peacock skirt its lovely - the rest isn't impressing me though.

I think I'm close to giving this collection an official thumbs-up. Everyone should go view all the pics at www.modaonline.it.

I think that every few seasons Miuccia does a collection that is truly her. No holds barred. She's purging her mind. And it's interesting to note that she always goes back to the 60's for this. The last time she pulled this was fall 2001, which was a blend of 60's Carnaby Street and Ossie Clark influences. Here she's doing it again but the references are much more disparate and hidden. I mean, I get that it's hippie, but there are just so many complex elements in there. It really makes for a tantalizing mix.

I like this. Prada was getting too 'housewife' and formulaic. With this collection, it's going back to it's more avant-garde 'weird' roots. This collection kinda reminds me of her spring 1996 'ugly chic' show, (more in the spirit of the clothes than the actual pieces) which was a big controversy at the time. But if you look at those clothes now, they look totally mainstream and normal--'safe' even. Maybe in eight years time, this stuff will seem totally normal.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 29 2004, 03:01 PM
I think I'm close to giving this collection an official thumbs-up. Everyone should go view all the pics at www.modaonline.it.
[snapback]379861[/snapback]​
they just updated :o

from what has been posted so far, i'm still on the fence until i view the entirety of the collection @ style.com. it is a departure from Prada's perspective of housewife chic. June Cleaver this is not. I like the use of peacock feathers as trim or as whole skirts.

What is up with Daria? She looks sickly, like tired. She looks even worse here than she did at the D & G show. Maybe she's booking to many shows and editorials? Either way, she needs a break and fast!

I love the peacock skirts :heart: but i'am a huge fan of peacock feathers

I think it looks good!, the shapes seem more like previosu prada than the more recenst 50's styles.

SO glad tot see the end of lady like in sight! I'm so sick of belted cardigans. :wacko:

looks good to me so far :innocent:

I guess I'm one of the few who likes it :unsure:

So far I haven't liked most of the spring collections ... but then again I rarely ever do. I always look foward to fall/winter.

Originally posted by softgrey+Sep 29 2004, 03:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Sep 29 2004, 03:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>well...for me...this is standard prada...i never like it...the last two collections were something of an anomoly for me...because i actually liked them quite a bit...i knew it couldn't last forever...i was expecting a bit of a slip ...to be frank...
[snapback]379655[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Atelier
@Sep 29 2004, 09:35 PM
Love it. Miuccia is the ultimate tastemaker.
[snapback]380127[/snapback]​
[/quote]

i don't know what to say; i agree with both sides...i want to say i could tell this was going to happen (did you see the menswear?)...i want to say she's gotten back to her old mid-nineties ways (but where are the nineties-esque must have accessories?)...i know this may be a bit cynical, but the one strength of this show: i REALLY see it working well in her stores...it really reminds me of her newest boutiques in new york and los angeles (so modern but SO strange)...and i'm almost scared that i am somehow going to like this collection a lot in about six months bc even at her worst the trends follow her... :unsure:

Not crazy about it.....I got sick of the ladylike thing, but this isn't working for me. I wish she's go back to her late nineties mood of semi-modernist, slightly quirky stuff, those mirrored skirts and lipstick prints.......I miss those days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->