Prada S/S 11 Milan

Oooh... those two images alone suggest that this is not going to be your typical Prada collection. I'm intrigued.

i guess new thread cuz the other one had irrelevant discussions?
I loved the collection...Trust me you guys will get around to it

I see she's keeing the medical look going for the women too

I just don't know... Was this Epic or Epic Fail?

It was very unreferential which I liked. But the boxy silhouettes and the neon stripes are so unflattering on a woman's body. The banana prints were downright silly and unwearable. The baroque embellishments on some of the dresses were okay, some of the dresses were even lovely and desirable. Some of the suits felt like Balenciaga par a blind guy. The shoes, both flat and high, were, with the exception of the normal heeled sandals, terrible. The hair felt very Callas, so did the strong eyebrows and the make-up. The sunglasses made even the prettiest girls look like walking jokes. No girl needs a fur in summer. The bags could not be distincted from these stupid things.

I just don't know what to think. Can someone tell me, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prada - S/S 2011 - Full Show + Details. (Exclusive Video on You Tube)

you can view most of the looks on nowfashion already. :smile:

It doesn't look typical, yes. But it's more MiuMiu than Prada if I may say so.

love the runway, it was same for men. by now collection seem to b nice

I just don't know... Was this Epic or Epic Fail?

It was very unreferential which I liked. But the boxy silhouettes and the neon stripes are so unflattering on a woman's body. The banana prints were downright silly and unwearable. The baroque embellishments on some of the dresses were okay, some of the dresses were even lovely and desirable. Some of the suits felt like Balenciaga par a blind guy. The shoes, both flat and high, were, with the exception of the normal heeled sandals, terrible. The hair felt very Callas, so did the strong eyebrows and the make-up. The sunglasses made even the prettiest girls look like walking jokes. No girl needs a fur in summer. The bags could not be distincted from these stupid things.

I just don't know what to think. Can someone tell me, please?

Sounds like you thought for yourself already. ^_^

I don't know what's unwearable about banana prints. It's kind of like when Pilati did strawberries and everyone said it was unwearable. It's just fruit, not human reproductive organs.

In contrast, I thought this collection was extremely wearable and very summer. The fur is just a stole to add some glamour to those nights out and it's very in the tango theme. No, no one needs a fur in the summer but that's what makes it luxe I guess - not what's needed, but what's wanted and excessive. The accessories were very cool I thought.

Beautiful colours and shapes I thought.

the Calvin-esqe cuts were cute. I called it Mario Cart meets Dr. Seuss meets Monsters Inc.... a memorable collection for the books.

twitter/JessicaMichault

Last edited by a moderator:
The shoes are just huge "NO WAY WTFs". Even my 5-year old cousin could not be tricked into wearing those atrocities.

All right, it's still a huge NO for this collection from me.

Plus the music choice was really bad, I couldn't stand this Spanish song. Waiting for Miu Miu now.

It's like her menswear SS11 continuation combined with Jil Sander A/W 09.10 and details from Calvin Klein. It's minimal but wearable.

It's definitely not as groundbreaking as previous Prada collections. It's soooo clean and boring.

There is no way this collection would be critically acclaimed if it was not Prada.

It's tres quintessential Prada, quirky sobriety and clean cold self-restraint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinribs98
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->