I.M. Pei for McDonald's (new stores)
Lacroix for Walmart
Versace for Forever 21
Corbusier for Ikea
Cartier for Swatch
Coca Cola for Shasta
Rolls Royce for Hyundai
Dyson for Eureka

OK, I am out of control, but there are so many possibilities!
Cheers, Rachel
Have you seen the new McDonalds?!:lol: And Rolls Royce for hyundai...I think thats a lil extreme but a good laugh!

bagsnthings said:
I think if Target seriously wants to get into the "cheap chic" pot with H&M; they are going to have to separate their apparel from their other items.

I think that Target should definitely think about modifiying their existing store and building the newer stores with a separate entrance and area for apparel and set up that space like a H&M, TopShop and Zara.

This would "change" the shopping experience for alot of people and perhaps incline budget fashionistas to look at Target as another viable cheap chic option as well as setting the scene for further credibility when it come to courting designers like Proenza and the like.
I actually thought about that too. They could never match Zara though. I love me Zara. ^_^ :blush: I would buy almost every item in that store if I could fit it.:ninja: Maybe they should also change the name.

i think it would be nice if they could set up temporary stores in fancy downtown areas like soho with just clothes. i think that would get a lot of foot traffic.

in fact, walmart set up a temporary store in a south beach fancy shopping area with their "metro 7" clothes recently. they did not disclose to the shoppers that the items were from walmart.

but target would have no such stigma.

:woot:
it looks like this could be a go for spring...from wwd...

Behnaz Sarafpour's collection for Target's Go International program won't hit the retail floor until the holiday selling season, but the mass retail chain already seems to be working on its next Go guest designer. Make that two, actually. Industry sources indicated Target will be staying in New York for an extra season with Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez designing a capsule collection, most likely for spring. Target is notoriously tight-lipped when it comes to disclosing information about its strategies. Reached via e-mail, a spokeswoman wouldn't confirm or deny the Proenza Schouler line for Go International, and only said: "Target has no announcement on additional designers participating in the Go International program at this time."

yaya...it is a GO!...
everyone knows about it...
:lol:...

Wow. I'm really excited to see those pieces and Paul/Joe just came out.

I can't wait until October 29th when Behnaz Serafpour's collection is launched.

yay...my day has just been made!!!

go to the target.com/go and after the behnaz stuff comes up click on "about go". look at the images of the next designers.

im 99% certain its PS. what does everyone else think??

When Dior, Versace, Chanel & Valentino are planning to do H&M or Target? does anyone knows?

:lol: ^ It definitely is them!! There is a photo of them and that is the silhouette of it!!! For sure! >< LOL

lucy92 said:
yay...my day has just been made!!!

go to the target.com/go and after the behnaz stuff comes up click on "about go". look at the images of the next designers.

im 99% certain its PS. what does everyone else think??

it's this photo :wink:
Proenza.jpg

src: factio-magazine.com

yep, proenza schouler is the next collection...
here's some preview pics from the launch invite (via janemag.com)

WOW. :woot:

i love the dress and i love the coat. do we know if this is going to launch january 1? this is a lot nicer than i had hoped....

i just popped in out of interested, and was really pleased to see the preview photos.
the bustiers looks very good, and considering that their regular-priced ones are a gajillion dollars, it's a nice little thing:wink:

i bet they will officially anounce this the day that V+R for H&M come out.
last year, they announced luella for target the same week that mccartney's line for H&M comes out...

this certainly does seem true to the PS aesthetic. there's a mainline PS polo shirt on ebay now that looks EXACTLY like the target one. and i'm glad they are keeping the bustiers as well.

lucy92 said:
this certainly does seem true to the PS aesthetic. there's a mainline PS polo shirt on ebay now that looks EXACTLY like the target one. and i'm glad they are keeping the bustiers as well.

i also agree about the bustiers... i've always loved them and see them as a sort of proenza schouler staple..

i would love to get my hands on one, and since i don't have a gajillion dollars to spare (as pastry also mentioned :P) this should be a nice way to get some access to that :flower:

thanks for posting the photos, fashionologie. i LOVE the trapeze dress. the other pieces look equally appealing to me. i'm sooo excited about this!!! :P

thank goodness, i'm feeling excited about this line as i wasn't too keen on the behnaz sarafpour line for some reason even though i like a few items. too holidayish, i guess.

it's a pleasant surprise i agree :P

i wonder if they also have to 'down-play' their designs. it's very easy to make beautiful designs with just perfect combos of colours and things, even with cheaper materials. i suppose they wouldn't want to make it as beautiful as their own collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->