Project Runway Canada

Well I kind of liked the last episode, because i think it really showed people's weaknesses. What did everyone think of the Coco episode? I'm so glad Genevieve is gone, and can't wait for Kim to go. Everyone who talks a big game this season, is totally crap. Most of Kim's stuff is properly hideous. I hate how she attaches long straps to everything. Sunny is such a doll - I've loved almost everything he's done. I'm not 100% sold on Biffi but I like her spirit. And I think Adejoke has some great stuff (particularly her first military outfit and the one she did that had buttons down the back but with the bad contrast ribbon). I definitely want them to be in the final 3. I'd love to see full collections from them. But Kim needs to GO. I couldn't believe how AWFUL she was to Jeff considering what she put down the runway for the wedding dress redux challenge. I mean, drawn on 'faux' stitches is better than the ...... thing she put out.

I really like Sunny. It's rare to find a person who doesn't make a fool out of himself and can maintain his integrity on a reality show, where everyone is b*tching out.

Sunny never yaps off his mouth, never makes malicious comments, and always come off no worse for the wear.

He's the clear frontrunner now and I predict that he'll win. 99.99999999999999% sure he'll make it in the final 3.

If he didn't make it to the final 3...I would be shocked (and it would be a travesty). I think Biffy, Sunny and Adejoke are all pretty low-key in terms of their attitude. Sunny makes really pretty things though. I like his personal style as well. I loved that weird leather harness he was wearing a couple weeks back. It was awesome.

Kim seems like such an ugly, petty individual on the show. She has a very high-school attitude, and I am *so* glad she is finally gone (though too bad she took Ade with her).

I agree. I think she really revealed her true colors as an insecure individual on this week's show. When her little mates were gone, she was nice and happy with everyone else. And when they came back, suddenly she thinks she's in a position to criticize someone? I *almost* felt bad for her when she had no one to call and she pretty much has no home, no job prospects, no support and it kind of explains why she belittles everyone else.

To be honest, I'm not sure why she's even in design when it seems clear that she would probably make a better stylist. I'm not sure out of the remaining 4 who I would want to join Sunny and Biffy in the final 3....Jason I guess. Genevieve is so....annoying and uninformed.

Sunny and Jessica had the most decent designs. The others were laughably bad.

Genevieve has AWFUL taste. She's loony.

Project Runway give a bad name to avant-garde. Avant-garde does NOT mean creating kooky, costume-y, bizarre, wacko outfits that look like they belong on space-alien-creatures.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what did everyone think of this week's episode (or the finale part 1?) I couldn't believe that guy was back who didn't know who YSL was. All the couplings were so rigged. I mean Biffy and Kim? Either way, that guy who doesn't know who YSL is - I wanted to die. I was just like - I'm sorry but you can't learn in the six months since you were last on the show, everything you need to know. He was so fake, and had so much faux bravada it was annoying. And then trying to pretend like Jason stole his (terrible) design. Can't wait to see what happens there. And I love that Brian Bailey called him on it.

What did everyone think of the designs? As per usual, I thought Sunny's was the best (with the exception of the snakeskin dress). I loved his conceptualization of the collection, which I thought was fab. While I like Jessica/Biffy, I think she still needs to learn. I mean, Greta Garbo 1930s. It's something that has been done to death and perhaps she needs to think a bit more about the whole structure and mood of where she is going. I (surprisingly) like a lot of Jason's stuff. Some of it was weird (and not sure why he puts unnecessary straps on everything) but to be honest, I could see a lot of italian editors (specifically Anna Dello Russo) wearing his stuff. It's bold and bizarre, but in an interesting way. Anyway - what were others thoughts?

That chain dress of Jessica's...didn't Rose McGowan wear something similar to an awards show once?

Probably. It's not an entirely original design, but it clearly takes a lot of work. I was also kind of happy that Jeff got some redemption for his work when they showed his beading/needlework. Even Sunny said he was surprised how good it is

YAY!!!!!!! I don't know how anyone else could have won as Sunny was consistently the best. The outfit with the leather leggings - I want it. I also *loved* Jessica's collection (particularly the hotpants jumpsuit!), and the aesthetic was similar to Biddel's.

It's great that Sunny won, he shows such a good design aesthetic and Jessica keeps getting better and better. Canada's got some really innovative designers and their Project Runway is the best.

^
I really hope that it can propel Canadian fashion forward because I find Toronto fashion week to be generally disappointing. I agree the winner was WELL deserved. I was so impressed with his ideas and execution and so many of his pieces were on trend. the leather shoes/boots were very Rick Owens/Demeulemeester and some of his other things made me think of Dries a bit. I also LOVED the leather mask. And did you see the presentations? Everyone else had a whiteboard and he had professional cards (I mean, obviously those were probably relics from before, but still). And I understand the Winners people kind of reluctance to encourage his price points, but I think they were pretty fair considering what he is putting out there. I would probably lower them a little bit so that he doesn't get lumped in with Derek Lam, Peter Som, and a lot of other pretty and nice high end designers with very high price points. Ah, I just love him!

As for the other collections. I liked Biffy's but I felt kind of what Brian had suggested to her before, that a lot of her ideas are already out there. Yes, the coat was gorgeous. but some of the detailing made me of think of Proenza Schouler. And while the short jumpsuit is cute, it's not really that sellable. I mean, the shorts are TINY. I loved the longer drapey dress though in the print.

Jason's collection I thought was really interesting, but just needed more refining. He definitely needs someone like Brian right now who makes him think about wearability and his customer. I thought his final dress was GORGEOUS. Not 100% original, but really beautiful. I also liked some of his proportions which I thought were quite progressive. I think like Rita said, his execution probably wasn't as sophisticated as he thought it was. I'm actually impressed with how much he's grown.

Yes, I love talking about this show :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->