Purple Fashion Magazine #13 Spring/Summer 2010 : Lindsay Lohan by Terry Richardson

She's not bad on the cover, i'm surprised!
But really who cares about this girl, i will never get it, anyone could be MORE interresting than her.

And to think that Purple had some really great covers in the past (Carine Roitfeld, Kate Moss/Mario Sorrenti, Angela Lindvall, Stella Tenant).

ughh i know, those were incredible.. why did they have to put her on the cover for gods sake, anyone would be much better. i always look forward to purple but i don't know if i can bring myself to buy a magazine with her on the cover.

some of the content seems interesting though. i'm looking forward to seeing the nyc/paris/london/tokyo portraits.

These preview shots were posted quite a while ago in Freja's thread:

Purple Magazine Preview freja beha.jpg Preview - Purple Magazine 2010 via purple-diary 1.jpg

purple-diary.com

you know it's funny because purple used to never be about covers whatsoever. that was never ever their drawing point. and now we sit hear ruminating over a purple cover. i mean if you consider the history and it's former reputation,it's almost sacrilege. and i say it in every thread but i think it bears repeating,as soon as olivier took complete control after elein left the quality went down drastically. because you see,elein really helped balance out the irony(when it was actually clever,mind you)that zahm pushed,with a lot of intelligence,thoughtfulness,vision,substance and poetry(literally and figuratively). for me purple has evolved into a soulless celeb rag merely masquerading as it's former self. i don't buy it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why they would run a nude shoot with Freja is beyond me.

^ I think the same about Freja. As for the cover, we knew it was coming since like September or October of last year when we first heard about it. However, in the review there is no mention of her younger sister, so hooray for that! I love Lindsay, so I think this is great! She and Terry are a great team, Terry and Olivier are a great team- so it was bound to happen eventually!

tumblr_kxhotwAqyL1qzwof2o1_500.jpg

Olivier should realize that posting more and more photos of the cover won't really make us think it's sexy or smart

purplediary

Why is Lindsay still so desired by the fashion world? It's one thing to be Chloe Sevigny and have that cache no matter what she does in her film career. But Lindsay was never a that kind of icon and her film career is nowhere.

Olivier should realize that posting more and more photos of the cover won't really make us think it's sexy or smart

purplediary

he's just teasing. just normal job. i think it's coming soon in France.
it's still better than Love mag blog overteasing ....
and he's been posted a lot more previews than the Freja's ones on his diary.

hmm, i don't think this cover is bad. i don't find it offensive either.
looking forward to see the fashion content.

^ I guess she is pitifully trying to pose on the second picture :shock:

Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
Freja Beha,
Purple Fashion #13

2a0lzyr.jpg

purple.fr

:innocent:

What is she wearing on the cover?

Looking at back issues it seems that the quality of Purple has really, really gone down hill.
I don't think you can fall further down than Lindsay Lohan, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->