Runway Mishaps

• Thread starter Deleted member 4737
  • Start date
00063.L.JPG
uhoh!

00064.L.JPG
00118.L.JPG
a lot of mishaps at chloe

Emanuela said that after tripping at Baby Phat she cried like a baby:cry: That kind of puts things in perspective.I wonder what the other models reactions are like after it happens to them.

I don't know what the heck is going on anymore. WHy the designer doesn't have twoside tape or something to cover models??? Or that they do it intentionally so that more people will come to show to see model's boobs??? It is so absurd. When I am a fashion designer, I will never treat my models so inhumanly like that. They deserve to have their reputation too!

zionforsell said:
I don't know what the heck is going on anymore. WHy the designer doesn't have twoside tape or something to cover models??? Or that they do it intentionally so that more people will come to show to see model's boobs??? It is so absurd. When I am a fashion designer, I will never treat my models so inhumanly like that. They deserve to have their reputation too!

i disagree in almost everything you have alredy said, i don´t know where you come from and i certainly don´t wanna open a discussion about that but in Europe boobs aren´t a symbol of scandal at all, woman go to the beach topless and nothing happens or noone look at them with a funny face, so certainly an almost flat chested nude model will not get any extra attention from the press, buyers, clients or fashion journalist who are the people that attend the shows, and i don´t think that ask them or make them wear something revealing (because no one force them, so during fittings the can say no and not do the show) is an inhuman treat at all and finally, most garments on runways need to be liningless or more sheer because if you put a lining on a lace for example or an embroiderie the people from the audience or the cameras cannot see the pattern on it.

I never said showing boobs is sinful. For your information, I came from Europe.(Showing boobs on the beach is normal, but I never have seen a fashion trend where you wear clothes so that your nipples can slip out! People get the freaking wrong impression that Europe is a place where you can hang you boobs out all time, but that's not true. Europe is about dressing according to the occasion. walking into your office topless definitely is not appropriate. Forgive me, but I have never heard of any company saying that showing your boobs at work is acceptable!) But I don't see why they don't have double-side-tape to cover the model's nipples. (It's not that expensive!)Clothes supposed to stay on. So is it the design's intention for the dress to show off the wearer's nipples??? It is ridiculous how fashion had come to these days. They put models on super high heels and expect them to walk on the slippery runway. Yeah, some might say it is the job of the model, they know what they getting into, if they don't want to do, then quit. Sound easy but not. (you make it like models actually fine with all those mishaps. If they are ok, then they won't cry about it afterward. Afterall, how do you feel if your boobs hanging out when it is not supposed to? Or may be your boobs supposed to stay out? Wow, that is new fashion rite there!) Saying that because models are models, they can just put on watever clothes may sound reasonable to some designer, but just not to me. I am not used to fashion's mishaps or the way people doesn't appreciate the models. You can't just throw money into someone and expect them to do watever you say. Some actually CAN't walk away. If you refuse a job, it is gonna add up to your profolio as "having diva attitude". Some models actually NEED money. I am not saying that we need to shoot those designers, but If I ever be a designer, I would not treat my models that way. Fashion doesn't just belong on runway, it was created for people to wear too. If even a model is uncomfortable with it, then how can one expect a consumer to be comfortable in it? A nude tape to cover the nipples are almost invisible, giving reason like: because the clothes is needed to be seen in details and the flow of fabric, ect sounds like crap to me. They don't even have to attach it to the garment, just cover the model's nipples! Anyway, it's just my point!

^ i´m not talking about work or anything, i think that you have to understand the diference between a runway and real life, the proportions on the garmets (very revealing sometimes) are changed when produced for the stores, so most of the times when the top or blousse is so small that can barely cover you up and in the end a boob slips out on a runway or a skirt is so extremely short or a heel so extremely high is just for the message or the trend to be well comunicated, everybody knows that catwalk clothing suffers alterations and that if you pick a very short dress it will be at least 10 centimeters longer, i don´t know about the rest of the world or designers but i love models and wanting them sometime to show a boob doesn´t mean that i hate her or i wanna treat her inhumanly and i´m very sure that most models will rather very bare chested that covered with a peace of sticky plastic in a very, very! sensitive area!!!, i once worked as a dresser in a fashion show and they covered up the nipples of the model who carried the wedding gown and when she tried to take the double scoth out she cutted her nipples with it.

Um....excuse me, no one in their right mind will put scoth on that area.(Unless they have nothing to use at that time!) There is many type of stickers to cover the chest area, and they don't hurt!

hmm i agre with j'adore dior. just because a boobs pops out on the runway doesn't mean that people are going to mimic that. it happens a lot and has been for a long time and it's not like any problems have stemmed from it.

well, now that we're on the topic...
00015.L.JPG

00016.L.JPG
baby phat s/s 05 from firstview.com

^ i think that his chest is what we have to be looking at, its bare, maybe he thought that is difficult for male models to walk down the runway with nothing but an small bathing suit.

j´adore dior said:
^ i think that his chest is what we have to be looking at, its bare, maybe he thought that is difficult for male models to walk down the runway with nothing but an small bathing suit.
Not with that body its not!

Yeah I'm not really sure what can happen to guys.. because most of the posts here are nip slips.. lol... its not like a guy's bikini bottom is just going to self destruct on the runway or tear. And they also don't wear high heels really and they walk "normal" compared to women so falling isn't very common. I think the closes to fashion mishaps would be the Andrew McKenzie show a couple of seasons back.. but those weren't accidents really, though they looked like accidents :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobrams
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->