Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

^Indeed, they belong to the past. I think this is with no doubt the dryest era in terms of fashion pictures. I can’t recall anything interesting of these past 10 years😨

Hard to answer because i don't have overview of every talent out there at other houses, but i hope it's someone we did not hear from yet, but that this person has rigor and vision of world building for a brand like Gucci but also pushes the idea of a luxury house forward, someone that can surprise and be innovating.

Also in a way to unify all the different chapters of the 100 plus history of the brand in amalgamation of creative output.

if it had to be someone well known i have to think longer ...hard not much left to be excited about.
Yes, I meant from designers that are kind of “famous” now. I think Gucci will go for someone established, I don’t think they will risk to change Saturday for somebody unknown.

What are M&M and I&V gonna deliver in 2024? Am I missing something? When have they last produced passable work? :lol:
All of the new photographers are too derivative of the past. Tyrone Lebon has made a whole career off the back of Jurgen Teller, and don't even get me started on Ethan James Green. With the right inspiration, veteran photographers still have the potential to create remarkable work. It’s not entirely their fault that they’ve regressed, just look at what they've had have to work with. How would you approach modern Versace and Chanel differently?

^Thats so true tho. The new ones are like serious copies of the old ones 💀 But M&M and I&V are seriously delivering their worst pictures as of late.

I said it once, and I am gonna say it again: the main culprits for the creative disaster fashion industry is nowadays, are the HR departments and the headhunters agencies. They need to search outside the same places they always search, to find new talented designers, stylists, photographers, etc.

If you wanna find gold, you cannot keep searching in the same over-exploited mines. You need to look into unexplored ones!

I said it once, and I am gonna say it again: the main culprits for the creative disaster fashion industry is nowadays, are the HR departments and the headhunters agencies. They need to search outside the same places they always search, to find new talented designers, stylists, photographers, etc.

If you wanna find gold, you cannot keep searching in the same over-exploited mines. You need to look into unexplored ones!
So risky for them but risks need to be taken with a lot of houses right now we need to ysl moment a Versace shock, someone needs to come up and shock us with something new and fresh it's been years.

So risky for them but risks need to be taken with a lot of houses right now we need to ysl moment a Versace shock, someone needs to come up and shock us with something new and fresh it's been years.
Totally! Without risks there is no gain. They are doing the same; but expecting different results...it´s ridiculous! Time to leave their comfort zone...

By the way, for those talking about a dark, sleek version of Gucci...here´s f/w 2002:

The problem? You need a designer with the taste of Tom Ford to do it perfectly.

loved that Gucci colection....that's when you know who is your woman and design for her....Ancora guy are so clueless as well his team...a good but strong mix in the casting section will help but first decide who the F is your Gucci Woman,bc so far we sar numb girls walking some of then are not even present.

His Gucci woman doesn't have to be same as TF or AM but he need to focus and be precise bc so far his woman and man are like salad without dressing, oil and salt...

Im sure he won't do nothing good....so let's bring the next CD...

All of the new photographers are too derivative of the past. Tyrone Lebon has made a whole career off the back of Jurgen Teller, and don't even get me started on Ethan James Green. With the right inspiration, veteran photographers still have the potential to create remarkable work. It’s not entirely their fault that they’ve regressed, just look at what they've had have to work with. How would you approach modern Versace and Chanel differently?
M&M made their whole career by copying Newton and Bourdin. Meisel copied everyone possible, from Avedon and Penn to Lorca diCorcia so he is no different than EJG in that matter. New photographers are just so lazy to me. They have technology that allows them to control every detail and yet they keep producing the flattest and laziest work possible. The "old" guard isn't any better though.

M&M made their whole career by copying Newton and Bourdin. Meisel copied everyone possible, from Avedon and Penn to Lorca diCorcia so he is no different than EJG in that matter. New photographers are just so lazy to me. They have technology that allows them to control every detail and yet they keep producing the flattest and laziest work possible. The "old" guard isn't any better though.
Hmm, I do think the old guard had some social spark, some fashion, a personal POV and some uniqueness to them, even if they copied a lot of the classic masters.

^ Indeed, copying is definitely not the issue. It is much more how the old guard knew how to appropriate the references to their own POV.

Meisel copied Avedon so much yet we guess distinguished clearly the Meisel’s eye from Avedon’s one.

EJG I don’t know who he is as a photographer. He just copies but without much substance. Lucky for him he works with the same people Meisel works so things are not bad at all.

Same to say about JWA, NG or Phoebe. They copy a lot but appropriate the refs very well to their own POV.

Yes, I meant from designers that are kind of “famous” now. I think Gucci will go for someone established, I don’t think they will risk to change Saturday for somebody unknown.
Yes would make for a safer bet possibly ....thinking further i feel there is a chance Fabio now being free from Prada and being ex boyfriend of Stefano Cantino now co Ceo of Gucci soon fully in charge of Gucci might be the next duo at Gucci ( after all TF had Dominico and Frida had Patrizio Di Marco and Alessandro had Marco Bizzarri.)

its fashion after all..... keeping it (power) in your inner circle is the game forward always

only tisci can revive this in his own way
Even Frida try to keep the drak sexy mood in Gucci post TF the stores were dark and lots of gold , as much as i love the sleek dark TF gucci it's really almost impossible for how big the brand is now, see how much smaller YSL stayed size wise with similar sexy dark mood even TF own brand, compared to how big Chanel Hermes LV and Gucci got with the Disney pop baroque sugar candy style of Alessandro.

When you surpass a certain size of business non offensive non moody sells more people shop for optimism in away, and edgy dark sexy mood just less widely accepted or wanted universally.

And the owners of with all the marketing and consultants know this for gucci to grow they are looking to be non offensive.

Having seen market reports of brands with their social media and campaigns feedback from focus groups: I can confirm you edgy dark scary overly sexy does not do well for a bigger audience, even too much diversity is still a issue for clients for some brands it's very hard to say and see this numbers and feedbacks, but it's the reality of outcomes of marketing /focus groups research done by well paid big corporations that look only for maximizing profit for their clients in the shortest terms possible in order to keep their adveroy role and get paid millions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s8m8f
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->