Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

Why are you assuming he's staying after they announced a new show...Virginie is out from CHANEL and they are showing PreFall in China in 1 month and Cruise in Italy in 6 months...of course the fashion wheel gonna keep run.
For a brand like Gucci it is vital to keep holding these shows for two main reasons: firstly for ego and to maintain a leader position in the market, secondly to generate buzz with celebs and attendees...you know, maybe some dumb asian fan with rich parents will start browsing the website after seeing its idol k-pop / k-drama sitting front row at the show...and it will buy some cheap *** sneakers or perfume...better than nothing I guess

Can you guys imagine the way the Sabato interviews with Bellettini and Pinault went?
Pinault: "Sabato please show us your vision, what does Gucci mean to you?"
Sabato: "Elevated Zara with hefty price tags and GG logo covered by pretentiousness and fake intellectualism "ANCORA" a la Raf Simons...I know bad bois buying logo sneakers and hookers buying GG marmont are huge Lucio Fontana fans"
Bellettini: "Uhm...yeah...anything else?"
Sabato: "Yeah, I picture women wearing unwalkable platform loafers, 3k sweaters with GUCCI debossed logo but in ROSSO ANCORA, cause you know, I want to do like PPP Valentino and release a signature color"
Pinault: "What about image building and branding?"
Sabato: "Let's have a campaign with a superstar from the 00's Daria Werbowy, then another one with IT girl Vittoria Ceretti, then another one with a bunch of newbies, then another one with random people by the pool, then another one with Debbie Harry"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyboyblesk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->