Sex and the City Fashion

Oh, and I know roles for women over 50 in Hollywood are limited, but for them to recast Samantha Jones just takes the cake. Rachel McAdams is not right for the role at all!

Just terrible. Is anyone else really not that excited?

Nope. I'm super excited. :flower: Getting geared up for it - reading the Kiss and Tell book and rewatching as many episodes as I possibly can!

Oh, and I know roles for women over 50 in Hollywood are limited, but for them to recast Samantha Jones just takes the cake. Rachel McAdams is not right for the role at all!

Whaaaaaaaaat, Rachel McAdams??

^ Okay... figured it was something random... just making sure she wasn't at some part associated with SATC 2.

I was just referring to the poster, which made her look a little like McAdams, IMO.

That poster is so hilarious, honestly I laughed so hard :lol:

When I go to the Grove here in LA I cringe at the SATC posters with Carrie... those glasses... doesn't mean I'm not excited about the movie, though. :wink: For some reason there seems to be more hype this time around... maybe I was too busy when the first was released two years ago, I don't know...

Just terrible. Is anyone else really not that excited? The first film wasn't so good. I'd rather them reboot the TV series again. It feels too overblown, and from what we've seen so far, Carrie's outfits have been underwhelming (at least the fashion was good in the first film).

I'm not that excited this time around either, so let's change that!

Does everybody want to share their favorite Sex & the City outfit?

Any character, any season or Movie! If not, I'll just share mine!

It wasn't typical Carrie, but I'm a sucker for classic chic!

The 6th Season, Ep. 89: Catch-38: Carrie is wearing a pale pink Vuitton matching jacket and mini skirt, accompanied by a scarf in the same color and nude & black Manolo Blahnik pumps. Somehow, she's also managed to grab and afford a pale crocodile Hermes Kelly!

I just loved seeing Carrie all grown up, babysitting Brady for Miranda! If anyone else wants to share, I suggest using this website to get exact details on outfits: http://www.hbo.com/sex-and-the-city/episodes

Just click on an episode, then click on Fashion Details! :woot:

I was actually thinking of compiling my favourite Carrie outfits.

One my favourite Carrie outfits is the Sonia Rykiel jumpsuit from the first film, which I think was only featured in the book. I guess it was deleted?

Anyway, I also loved these:
img-thing

tumblr_kw6pfrxQz31qzpe8uo1_500.jpg

ep80_carrie_berger_polkadotshirt.jpg

ep19_carrie_mir_party.jpg

ep32_carrie_mir_publicphone.jpg

full_711003973.jpg

ccae294a33867a6f1395ca2ed86e122a_carrie_bradshaw-6059.jpg

carrie.jpg

sjp.jpg

Actresses_James_14857772_600.preview.jpg

cb7.jpg

carrieseason1.jpg

sjp_pink.jpg

hhhh.jpg

polyvore, kari-shma, grazielabrenno, youthink, layoutlocator, fabsugar, mccorn, fashionnation, osoblog, coutureinthecity

I also loved the colourful Alexander McQueen maxi dress Carrie wore when she was on holiday in the first film, but I can't find a picture of that.

caaaaaaaaaant wait to see this movie and the clothes and shoesssss!!!!

Does everybody want to share their favorite Sex & the City outfit?

Great idea! I was thinking of asking the same in order to get everybody revved up! :flower:

I can't pick ONE... so I'll post a few from each season (eventually).

Here are my own screencaps from Season 4:

S4E09-Carrie1.jpg

S4E17-Charlotte1.jpg

S4E17-Charlotte2.jpg

Season 3, all Carrie... (again, screencaps)

S3E09-CarrieMiranda.jpg

S3E09-Carrie1.jpg

S3E10-Carrie1.jpg

S3E18-Carrie2.jpg

Oh my goodness, what has happened to Kim Catrall in the poster? She is such a gorgeous, sexy example of a mature woman... just leave her fricking face alone! ;0)

Carrie is my all-time style icon!!!! I'd steal all her closet :heart:

^ The umbrella one is very cute! <3

I love Carrie's style in the series. In the movie (1) - not so much. It's kind of, not so real lol. And she seriously does look good in anything! I.e. I remember this dress:

shortcomings-200.jpg

(photo: hbo.com)

and it is so plain and dull... but all I could think was how banging and cool she looked in it walking down the street haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->