Simone Rocha x H&M

THD96

Reaction score

Last edited:
^But they will learn to care! LOL. The fashion magazines who fixate over this brand will make sure of that. If a brand like The Vampire Diaries or whatever could get the collab, then Simone is definitely worthy. It may even help with added exposure like it did for Erdem. And besides, the fashion set will be all over this. I hope H&M will go big and secure covers across the globe like they've done with Balmain.

And I hope there will be menswear. I'd like to casually drop that I own Simone Rocha menswear!

The masses do not care about Simone Rocha like they did about Balmain or Moschino, this will not sell.
It will do well in the UK, at least. I don't think they're under the impression that it will like Balmain and Moschino.

Can't wait for this. I especially like the berry (or is floral?) design on Kesewa.

I like that they are working with more under the radar designers. Guiliva Heritage X H&M sold out very quickly online - imagine this will do the same.

^But they will learn to care! LOL. The fashion magazines who fixate over this brand will make sure of that. If a brand like The Vampire Diaries or whatever could get the collab, then Simone is definitely worthy. It may even help with added exposure like it did for Erdem. And besides, the fashion set will be all over this. I hope H&M will go big and secure covers across the globe like they've done with Balmain.

And I hope there will be menswear. I'd like to casually drop that I own Simone Rocha menswear!

Here is the review for the manswear.
hmgoepprod.jpeg
Source: hm.com

Can't wait. I'm really exciting for this collab already because her English regency is one of my favorite aesthetic. And I love anything pearl studs.

This is so exciting! Too bad I can’t travel, because I’m sure I’ll like some of it.

The masses do not care about Simone Rocha like they did about Balmain or Moschino, this will not sell.
I'm not sure the masses cared about Lanvin anymore than they do about Simone Rocha though and I remember that collection being very successful no? Giambattista too, although the Kendall promotion really helped there. As Benn98 said, the fashion mags will make them care.

They probably should have waited til April though. Here in the UK I can't see us going out until then.

I'm not sure the masses cared about Lanvin anymore than they do about Simone Rocha though and I remember that collection being very successful no?

I don't think it's a fair comparison. Alber's Lanvin was pretty iconic and huge, you'd see it in every fashion mag, on red carpets, he was iconic himself, it was a very different fashion world and audience. I LOVE simone rocha but i don't think the average costumer, even if mildly interested in fashion, knows who she is. I have no doubt the fashion mags will make them care, of course.

I don't think it's a fair comparison. Alber's Lanvin was pretty iconic and huge, you'd see it in every fashion mag, on red carpets, he was iconic himself, it was a very different fashion world and audience. I LOVE simone rocha but i don't think the average costumer, even if mildly interested in fashion, knows who she is. I have no doubt the fashion mags will make them care, of course.
I think it would make more sense to compare the collaboration to Erdem.

There are more images floating around now. I like the pink coat on Tess and the beige puff sleeve trench.

I don't like any of the tartan pieces or the tulle overlay dress.

I'm not sure if it will only be online only- remember a lot of H&M's markets are semi-back to normal ie China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Macau, Japan and Taiwan. It's much safer to shop in person in these countries rather than North America or Europe at this time.
And the whole point of these collaborations is to get shoppers to purchase H&M's other items that they have a bigger margin on at the same time as they do the designer items. Can't do that if the collaboration is online-only and shoppers have to check out immediately lest they lose the designer item they want as it disappears from their virtual shopping cart.

This looks beautiful, and hopefully the fact it's more of an obscure brand (I mean, not really, but compared to other collabs like Balmain or Comme des Garçons it is) just means it wont be sold out in minutes by people buying in bulk, and more individual people will actually get a chance to buy something beautiful and inexpensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->