Style.com's Top Ten Collections : F/W 08.09

wow calm down she has the right to give her opinion.
again Well said Buddleja.^_^

I wasnt attacking anyone, and Im not giving opinion either. This is a fact. Vogue and Style.com absolutely love to suck up to Marc Jacobs.

.... and Jacobs once again was in the lead. so well said:heart:
finally a person who has some taste.....
Balenciaga and Lanvin were also amazing.

I think the most interesting about all this is the lack of anything Miuccia Prada designed...

I find it very remarkable Narciso Rodriguez made the list again (like last season)...

so glad

Riccardo is finally getting love he should have been in the top 10 for FW06 and SS06 those colections were also amazing. im very excitied for him ive been a fan since he showed in milan so good to see him become a star

I never have the same opinion as style.com. They choose always almost the same. Marc Jacobs :unsure:, Balanciaga:unsure:, Bottega Venetta :unsure:, Rodarte:unsure:.
I heve seen much better collection this season as this.

I agree with about half.

Balenciaga, Lanvin and Rodarte were on my own favorites list. Nina Ricci and Marc Jacobs were two huge disappointments imo, and if they wanted to include a Jacobs designed collection, LV was far, far better than his own line.

McQueen is such a predictable choice, and one that I don't agree with at all. The rest just left me cold.

Always the same big names. Hundreds of designers share their vision in a few weeks and only a few are noticed and ackknowledged. Were these the best or simply the best known? Perhaps editors enjoy their freebies too much to rock the boat.

YSL? Lacroix?

And Marc Jacobs? To be honest, I think this is his most uninspired collection yet.

I normally don't care for what style.com picks for their top-tens-_-

at least they're not blowing smoke up Miuccia's behind anymore.

i was thinking the same thing...:lol:
this is the second season in a row that prada's not on the list...

i was also very surprised to see narciso...
this collection is better than spring imp, but not a showstopper...

the beginning of the balenciaga show, for sure
and all of the lanvin...my gawd what that man does to me!
gorgeous
gorgeous
gorgeous!
this one ranks up with his FW 04 collection

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Rodarte, McQueen,and Lanvin but the others,umm, I am still mixed about this list:unsure::doh:

I would appreciate the fact that Marc Jacobs is on the list IF he wasn't on the list EVERY season!!!

Also, what the heck are Bottega Veneta and Narciso Rodriguez doing on that list?! The former is pretentious, boring, repetitive and the latter is just not talented and should not be amongst such genius designers such as Nicolas and Alber!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->