Style.com's Top Ten Collections : F/W 08.09

i agree with Lanvin, Rodarte, and Rick Owens. I thoguht Gareth Pugh and YSL should of been on the list too. Nina Ricci disappointed, but then I had extremely high expectations for it after the last two stellar seasons.

Why is Bottega on there?! Every collection of his looks the SAME. It's not consistent, its REPETITIVE and monotonous. It's the same cr*p every season!!! Same color pallete, same silhouette, everything the SAME!!!

I can think of 20 or 30 other collections that deserve to be on that list!!!

Also, as much as I love love LOVE Rick Owens; I wouldn't consider putting him on this list. I don't think HE would appreciate being on that list! :lol: :innocent:

I wish Calvin Klein was on there, Chistopher Kane and Jil Sander :wub:

Why is Bottega on there?! Every collection of his looks the SAME. It's not consistent, its REPETITIVE and monotonous. It's the same cr*p every season!!! Same color pallete, same silhouette, everything the SAME!!!

I can think of 20 or 30 other collections that deserve to be on that list!!!

Also, as much as I love love LOVE Rick Owens; I wouldn't consider putting him on this list. I don't think HE would appreciate being on that list! :lol: :innocent:

I wish Calvin Klein was on there, Chistopher Kane and Jil Sander :wub:

Have you seen it in person?

Are we seeing the same Bottega Veneta? :blink:

I do agree to some extent that there is a specific Bottega Veneta 'look', however I think Tomas Maier is brilliant enough to make it look fresh and elegant season after season. It's not a hyped up brand, it's more about timeless luxury. And indeed, if you see the collection in person, that is exactly the feeling you get from BV.

Just my two cents of course :flower: I'm glad BV was included on the list, as this season was really a stand out show in Milan for me.

^ I haven't seen this particular collection in person yet :P though the people who wrote this list have ... but (as I wrote elsewhere on tFS) when I went to the spring trunk show I was absolutely blown away by the incredible workmanship and quality--I've never seen anything else like it. The clothes are absolutely lyrical, and the other thing that's impressive is how far Tomas has come in such a short time with this collection. If you read the style.com review, you saw how people at the show audibly gasped at pieces that don't look that impressive in the photos. Bottega cannot be judged by the photos alone. After I went to the trunk show, I tried to find pix that did what I'd seen justice, and there literally weren't any out there.

Some pretty safe picks for the most part. I can't agree with the Nina Riccci though. It was not up to par to what he's showed in the past. I expect something fantastic (or remotely so) each time he presents a new collection.
And that BV should not have been in there.

MJ was awful.
Balenciaga looked like a throw-together of older collections.
Everything else was wonderful.

Totally agree with Balenciaga, Lanvin, Rodarte and McQueen.
But why is Marc Jacobs there? I'd rather choose Louis Vuitton instead!
And why there's no YSL or Jil Sander? Either of them could replace Marc Jacobs in the list...:innocent:

Big surprise. Marc Jacobs could barf on a model, send her out on the runway, and everyone will continue to tout his collections as amazing. It's kind of sad when he himself admits to being uninspired and yet many a talented designer will get overlooked for his bland creations saved only by a big name.

But yaay, Rodarte and Rick Owens! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->