Target's "Go International" with Luella Bartley

I work in clothing at the local Target.. since Fiorucci was both online and in all stores I would think that Luella will be also. I will be able to see the stuff before the 1st probably, so I'll let you guys know the details. I really like the bubble skirt! It looks so cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
sillygirlysays said:
I work in clothing at the local Target.. since Fiorucci was both online and in all stores I would think that Luella will be also. I will be able to see the stuff before the 1st probably, so I'll let you guys know the details. I really like the bubble skirt! It looks so cute!
:P Oh sillygirl please keep us posted.I need to know what the line looks like. And who could better describe it but you since you work for Target.

I wonder if they are starting to feel the squeeze from H&M expanding and opening new stores in the States.

I must have one of those bubble skirts. I've wanted one for so long!

Do you know where H&M are opening other stores at in the U.S?:P

New Thread

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but can someone tell me how I can create a new thread? Thanks :D :heart:

I love Target...I love how they have pulled in so many designers over the past few years, and they have even inspired other retailers like Wal-Mart to try to pull in a more diverse customer by offering more designer styled lines.

yes, target was the first to pull in the high fashion designers (ie stephen sprouse) before H&M.

interesting story from fashionweek daily

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/scene/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=296306&itype=8488

Editors Head To (Gasp!) Jersey City
Remember Stella for H&M? Better get on the bus

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

(NEW YORK) Its Brooklyn superstore may have opened with a star-studded bang—Sandra Bernhard, Chloë Sevigny, and Maggie Gyllenhaal stopped by—but for its Luella Bartley for Target collection launch, the company wants to make sure its ever-important editors are well taken care of. That said, Target has scheduled three round-trip buses to leave from Midtown at 9am, 12pm, and 3pm on February 1 to bring those discerning style setters to its Jersey City store. Upon arrival, each editor will receive a $200 gift card, food and beverages, and special access to the collection. As if that weren’t enough pampering—it is New Jersey, after all—editors will have access to a local tailor shop for any alterations their garments may require. It may not be high fashion, but it certainly can be haute.
JIM SHI

i hope the jersey city store opens at 8 and all the regular shoppers snap up the luella stuff. heh.

this blurb lists some price points!!!

English flair comes here
Score another hit for Target.
The discount giant is building on its shabby chic reputation by launching a new program called Go International that features a new designer's work created just for Target for a limited time.
First up, Luella Bartley, the British fashion journalist turned designer best known for mixing schoolhouse charm with street-smarts edge. Her collection for Target is just as sassy and playful as her haute couture (under the Luella label) with plenty of mixing and matching of fabrics and styles that can go from a day at the beach to a night out clubbing.
Among the collection, look for a cheerleader skirt in cream and dark orange (29.99), a navy and white rugby ($24.99), a shirtdress in dark orange plaid ($29.99), a cherry print IPod holder ($12.99) and an empire dress in hot pink ($39.99).
Bartley's ready-to-wear collection and accessories will hit stores Feb. 1 with prices ranging from $9.99 to $149.99.
Don't dawdle. The collection will be gone in 90 days. Target is not saying who else is part of the new program.

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Hot on the heels of Stella McCartney's mega-successful run at H&M comes fellow Brit Luella Bartley's new fast-fashion collection for masstige giant Target. Sold under the Go International label, the clothes and accessories have a preppy-punk vibe, just like the ones on Bartley's runway, but at almost too-good-to-be-true prices. Most items, including the blazer at left, will go for under $40. Best of all, this is no one-morning-only-and-it's-over deal. Target promises to keep its stores well-stocked for 90 days. Of course, we have a feeling you'll be lining up early anyway, so here's a tip: The clothes arrive next Wednesday, February 1.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
that blazer looks a little loud!

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan either... hopefully some of the other stuff turns out as good as it looked in Elle though...

emilytara said:
Does anyone know if the Luella stuff is at select targets or all targets??
i tried to e-mail target with that question and they sent me back a 'we need more information, please fill out an additional form with more information' reply back......
i didn't know how i could posibly explain it any clearer, so i just gave up.

well, target is sending the fashion editors to a new jersey store (jersey city) to allow them to buy the clothes.

so maybe the collection wont be available at all stores (why wouldnt they bus them to a closer store?)

i think it will be available on the "red hot shop" link on target.com next week.

when you type in "Target + Luella Bartley" into google, the first link that pops up is tfs'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->