Teen Vogue May 2009 : Miley Cyrus by Marshall Heyman

Since when did Teen Vogue stop becoming a fashion magazine, and turned into a BOP?
They better not blame the recession, because I'm sure if they put somebody fashionable like Dakota Fanning on the cover she could sell!

Eeh I saw this coming, the cover isn't very flattering, but the contents are always great, so I'm excited to see them.

I agree the contents of Teen Vogue are always great. It's most definitely a fashion magazine for teens & they have darling editorials & I love the stylists they use.

Oh don't get me wrong the contents are always fashionably great.
But they make poor cover choices, or maybe it's the execution.

OMG You really hate Miley, me too :P I don't think how someone can see her beautiful but anyway she better enjoy this now because later she will be just another child star in history of television and probably will end in those tv-shows from E! given her testimony in something called "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" :lol: just kidding but honestly I don't care about Miley in a magazine I want to see the editorials

um never mind miley what is up with the cover design?!!! it's awful!!! it looks so amateur

I personally don't dislike her...and I understand that she's on the cover...but imo she haven't figured out what makes she look better, she isn't ugly, I guess she just needs better advice regarding her style and stop doing those gestures with her mouth :ninja:

She is the WORST role model for the main age-group of girls who follow her. She, nor her parents have any dignity. For 1) Letting their 16 year old daughter date a 20 year old. We've saw the pics, you know they're getting it on & 2) Letting their 16 year old daughter's 20 year old underwear model boyfriend move in with them. This is disgusting.

but imo she haven't figured out what makes she look better, she isn't ugly, I guess she just needs better advice regarding her style and stop doing those gestures with her mouth :ninja:
haha, that´s exactly the impression I get every time I see this girl. she´s in that obnoxious teenage stage where you look obnoxious and are obnoxious but no one could make you believe you are not the hottest thing in town.

looking forward to the contents. :zorro:

i have no problem with mc on the cover of teen vogue...
as luxx and others have said, this is her demographic, she looks age appropriate and she's probably talking about stuff teens care about inside...

i have a big problem with her being pushed onto grownup mags (like glamour), elle or *gasp* vogue...
i am the demographic for both and she has nothing to say that i want to hear...

Maybe I'm just in the midst of a giant bout of positivity (highly unlikely) but I dont' see anything wrong with this at all. She's a teenage girl, this is her demographic. The cover is appropriately spring themed and the pictures are all tasteful and completely in line with both her image and the sort of country meets hippie chic bohemian nonsense that teens go nuts for. Flowers in the hair? Check. Long flowy nightgown dress? Check.

I'm not in love with Miley Cyrus but I see nothing inherently wrong with her getting the cover.

I agree with this 100%.

only 2 fashion eds.
1."world traveler" by arthur elgort
jessica cline and a male model in peru (love this one!)
2. "wave riders" by thomas schenk
models bailey and victoria.. (not the greatest)

im sorry i dont have a scanner here

^thanks for the review. It doesn't sound as good as the previous issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->