Terry Richardson - Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Terry just shot for I.D with an Australian model, Abbey Lee again? Anyone know?

I am a woman and I don't find his work to be sexist. In fact, I've seen Terry's work where he's shot men and he displays some of them the same way he displays women. He also has work that's perfectly tame.

I agree with Daveh that people misunderstand Terry. You do have to look at the fact that models have chosen to work with him numerous times when they didn't necessarily have to take the job.

I read a comment earlier by someone basically saying that it's gross how he puts his thumb up with naked girls behind him...go to his website you'll see him shaking hands with Obama with his thumb up. Is that gross too?

I think people fail to realize when a line has been crossed.
Terry is hiding behind an "artistic" sense of self in these photos. It's a veil.

Look at how ads are banned. Would you say sexist ads are funny and naughty for women?
Men cannot fathom what it feels like to be objectified to the extend women have and therefore will see nothing wrong with these photos.

yeah I too found out well after the fact that Jim Carroll had died. Infact just 2 weeks ago around 10pm I was reading on-line the NY times obit on Jim and it mentioned Patti Smith and as only could happen in NYC, as I was waiting for the light to change to cross the street- there was Patti Smith waiting as well. Told of just reading Jim's obit and she said immediately " he was such an angel" we chatted a bit more and off we went

That's so awesome that you ran into Patti like that. I saw Patti sitting next to Jim the first time I met Jim.

And what's funny, is that I can totally see Jim & Terry Richardson BS-ing together, when Terry took that photo of Jim.:P

you people who say he objectifies women are wrong... possibly his most famous picture is his 'batman making out with robin' shot. both men. it may not be the most famous in the fashion world, but its pretty popular in 'regular' society/pop culture, because it is interesting/provocative.

also as 4getmenot mentioned, his Obama picture has him with his thumb up. [ i really fail to see how this is seen as degrading... i'm pretty sure he campaigned for Obama, why would he degrade the man? ] so the thumbs up as being 'degrading' holds no water, sorry. i think its a tonge-in-cheek / gung-ho 'i approve of this person i'm standing next to' .

my post got deleted as it was in response to that one.

I don't think the editorial would have been released yet, how long after something is shot does it appear in i.D? I just heard it was an Australian model and was wondering if it would be Abbey Lee again or another girl?

My bad! I did a google search for Terry Richardson, i-D & Abbey Lee Kershaw and I thought that was the one mentioned. I'm not sure who the Australian model is you were referring to Australienne. I guess we'll soon find out.:P

Hmmm I guess patience is the only choice. Someone I know hinted and I wanted to find out! Thought someone here may know ...

i'm wondering if next iD isn't a special Terry Richardson ...
he shot an australienne model ... he also shot Olivier Zahm for the next issue with some girl (see the purple diary).

he hasn't shot for iD since a long time, non ?
ASF ?

I only remember his Chloé Sevigny cover ...

Ooo maybe! I'm kinda hoping it isn't Abbey Lee, I've seen enough of her by him as much as I think she is fantastic. I'm looking forward to this issue now!

i understand how some shots are just for fun, and they are ok, but i just feel like he's saying "yeah, dude, i work with naked chicks, alright!!" and it gets a bit icky. but just those shots.
the one that would really upset me is the sheep one, because i'm an animal freak, but other than that, i never said he's gross or his work/humour was.

^^well the reputation of the pic with the sheep is worse than the actual pic.
it's in his book. it's obvious that he didn't harm the animal :wink:

GQ USA November 2009 January Jones

outtakes gq.com/women/photos/200911/january-jones-slideshow#slide=15

Jacquelyn Jablonski & Crystal Renn for V Magazine #32
fashiongonerogue.com/2009/12/v-32-jacquelyn-jablonski-crystal-renn-by-terry-richardson/

^^ like the idea of this shot :smile: pretty interesting to see the difference between a normal & a plus size model

thank you for posting :flower:

he's scary for me, all the stroies that I hear about him : S
And I didn't believe them first, but when I see his pics, I do believe them....
Doesn't matter how good he is.

VOGUE NIPPON SEPTEMBER 2007 SUPPLEMENT [1 of 2]

"LOST IN TLANSRATION"
PHOTOGRAPHED BY TERRY RICHARDSON
STYLED TSUYOPSHI NOGUCHI
MAKEUP BY NOODA
HAIR BY DENNIS LANNI
MODELS: COLE MOHR & AARON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics