The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, betina and Caramel :flower: I really don't like having anything around my neck, so I'm very happy to wear it by itself! It does need lipstick though :wink:

I'm pretty happy with most of my purchases this year. My denim trousers that I bought at the very beginning of the year already died ... but I did wear them to death. Loved them while they lasted!

No real lemons ... my black jeans do attract lint, so I just have to be attentive to that. I could see this at the store, but I liked them better than anything else, and my other denim had just died, so I felt I needed to get something I could wear to work. My espadrilles turned out to have a faux leather lining I don't like, but foot petals improved the situation. They were less useful than I had hoped (a bit high for wearing to work even though wedged), but still wearable.

I'm unsure whether to add a foot petal to my leopard pump ... there is really no spare room in them when the weather is warm I don't think. :rolleyes:

Good things from 2014 ...

• Pelage fleece jacket--definitely exceeded expectations. I originally bought this to wear when walking in cold weather. I wore it on NYE, and pretty much every day to work.
  • Lanvin dress and bag :heart:
  • Nicholas Kirkwood sandals
  • leopard wrap
  • grey faux wrap top--have really enjoyed wearing this
  • black wool knit pants

@Caramel: thank you! I am generally really not great with colour and I don't think I would wear red for every day, but for the occasion and with this particular dress I was very satisfied.

Sounds like your outfit worked out great as well - the necklace sounds lovely.

Good idea with a recap of ones favourites. My absolute no. 1. purchase must be my Michael Kors Sloan bag that I use constantly, but I have also been very happy with my gold capped Adidas sneakers and my Ganni sequined kimono.

Good idea to make a list. This is my list of 2014:

- Isabel Marant Lexy jacket in grey (love it, but maybe want to sell it too)
- Black skinny Monki (the perfect black skinny!)
- Navy jumper Massimo Dutti (made of wool and silk)
- Black turtleneck also Massimo Dutti (made of wool, silk and cashmere)
- Saint James Breton jumper

I haven't bought a lot last year and saved a lot of money. Now I want to treat myself with a cashmere scarf, and navy Porselli's and nice suede pumps.

I also want to buy a chic dress for occasions and love the combo of opaque tights and suede pumps.

@eizhowa The rust colour was henna-orange (terracotta colour). I just think that the colour doesn't suit me well. I love it on Clemence, especially on her skin. I think my style is more een combo of a lot of navy and black and grey. I just can't seem to find a good pop colour. I love olive green and burgundy but don't have a lot of items with those colours. My pop colour is red lipstick or red nails. I'm so boring haha.

Because of the new year dress talk here I stared thinking about special occasions outfits and made a new board on pinterest to make some outfits with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want a new special occations outfit as well, but seeing as it will be a whole year untill I will need I won't stress about it just yet:P

Trenchcoat: Red could be a "pop" color... Looks great with both navy, grey and black:wink: I wear mostly brown, black and grey so I don't doubt I am just as "boring".

At this point, the only burgundy I have in my wardrobe is my scarf and porsellis. They go a long way for me, but it took a while for me to find the right pieces. I've realized I prefer colorful shoes/accessories rather than colorfull sweaters/coats etc.

I have to say I took this 4-5 pieces per season very seriously last year and almost everything could be put on the "best od 2014" list. :magic: Well except of the patent leather brogues that needed to be sold because of the wrong size. Speaking of those, I just got a 4th "Snap me up before I'm gone" note from the website ... They have 6 pairs of them left in my size, I am just waiting for additional discount code, it always pops out in the beginning of January.

Also, happy 2015 to everybody and a lot of great purchases! :flower: Not that this is of any problem here in this thread. B)

@fashionista-ta Lovely blouse, I can picture it with a gold necklace/jewelry.

@Fewormany Great Acne purchases, loving Acne atm.

Concerning tall people, I once went to Versailles and there were almost only Asian people walking around and I easily looked over all their heads, a bit awkward. I've got difficulties with shirts and sweaters (they have to be long) covering my jeans/trousers (they have to be high-waisted preferably). And also large feet EU40.5/IT39.5 So being tall isn't all the time rosy. :wink:

I've just made a list of all my purchases in 2014 and the total sum is a bit staggering. :shock: :blush: I've spent 4,6x more than in 2013. But I love all my purchases especially the Acne Raya long cardigan sweater black, my no. 1 in 2014! Only the American Apparel tees were not as good as hoped, would only buy them again when priced 5 Euro.
I think when I'm buying a bit more expensive pieces I'll contemplate them more seriously what to keep and what to sent back and I'm picky of course.

Off topic: I'm planning to go to Paris in May, any suggestions? I like fashion (of course) and architecture like Versailles. (Through visitor/private messages please) :flower:

Favorite things of 2014 recap (not including gifts:(

• Navy parka (Raw Essentials, G-star)
  • Stan Smiths, white/green (addidas).
  • White ribbed Avelon sweater.
  • Acne chinos (bought in the last few days, but a favorite already).
  • Grey jeans (Nudie, Won Hundred).

I counted the pieces I bought A/W14 and ended up with 11. Most of them bought on sale (waiting for the sale really paid of this year). A bit more then absolutely needed, but all have good quality and match what I want my wardrobe to be (both color- and stylewise).

@fashionista-ta Lovely blouse, I can picture it with a gold necklace/jewelry.

@Fewormany Great Acne purchases, loving Acne atm.

Concerning tall people, I once went to Versailles and there were almost only Asian people walking around and I easily looked over all their heads, a bit awkward. I've got difficulties with shirts and sweaters (they have to be long) covering my jeans/trousers (they have to be high-waisted preferably). And also large feet EU40.5/IT39.5 So being tall isn't all the time rosy. :wink:

I've just made a list of all my purchases in 2014 and the total sum is a bit staggering. :shock: :blush: I've spent 4,6x more than in 2013. But I love all my purchases especially the Acne Raya long cardigan sweater black, my no. 1 in 2014! Only the American Apparel tees were not as good as hoped, would only buy them again when priced 5 Euro.
I think when I'm buying a bit more expensive pieces I'll contemplate them more seriously what to keep and what to sent back and I'm picky of course.

Off topic: I'm planning to go to Paris in May, any suggestions? I like fashion (of course) and architecture like Versailles. (Through visitor/private messages please) :flower:

Thanks, Nymphaea :flower:

I keep a running total of my purchases each season, but I haven't had a desire to compare to the year prior :lol: Should I do it? I know that since I bought the bag this year, it will be significantly higher, but I don't think 4-6x? I like to keep the tight rein on the number of items, and consider the reasonableness of each on a case by case basis.

Those black and tan LV boots are really gorgeous, but the price really seemed outrageous to me. In a way it's not, because they're boots, and in a way it is, because typically with shoes you're paying for a lot of detail work. I have some that are very intricate. Maybe in a season when I had nothing else to buy ...

@fewormany. I do the same. I really wanted some cos items but waited for the sale and today I bought the perfect camel jumper, scarf and some accessoires. My first cos purchases.

^ I just wanted you suggest some other stores than you are usually visiting, given that you are on a hunt for the same items for a really long time now. Hope you will be satisfied with your COS pieces. :flower: Speaking of it, their recent collections are not very appalling to me. Can't remember when and what I've bought there last time. It's probably a year ago already. :huh:

^Thats not really COS' fault. Blame the designers they are ripping off!:lol:

I have to say I went a little overboard with the sales :ninja: but they were all things I needed or wanted so I guess I shouldn't feel bad about it anyway!

I got the pale pink jumper I wanted from Benetton, as Betina suggested. Their green I wasn't very keen on - but I also got a grey jumper. Both 100% merino wool, both very comfy. Pics to come later when I learn how to manage my new cellphone, as I can't find any online

Also from Benetton:
47cf26368bd9b55c3c622bba76b07f31.jpg

benneton.com
A skort sort of thing... I like those, as I can combine the shortness and lightness of a mini skirt with the convenience of not flashing my undies :ermm:

Speaking of COS, I got two cardigans I wanted for a while, both on sale:

0179004004_0_6.jpg

cosstores
Which I wore for NYE with a burgundy dress I bought a couple of months ago and could never find a picture of

0225542002_0_6.jpg

cosstores.com

From Zara I got a couple of pieces as well:

9861557706111fe84e14aa1a612e444c.jpg

zara
This one, which will fill my coloured cardigan "hole"

Two striped tees...

0b1a76774237e08c332f4416486c9d96.jpg

zara

71f4509c0ca7ac627ebea329cdc7fc2b.jpg

zara

Aaaaand some shirts and blouses:

1c83027490f98a1b3163f683d61c31b6.jpg

zara
Couldn't resist the print!

9ccd2f7c9a0b78b3b63a8e12c5da312d.jpg

zara

5960dea44d7a682cc1a6dce0814523e3.jpg

zara

0b2e8c1286a5e3d023f813faf17b7934.jpg

zara
This one wasn't on sale, but both me and my boyfriend found it absolutely lovely

I also made an order from ASOS, which should arrive by tomorrow:
d97358d7097ca61f38ca3adc9c7fb1b9.jpg

asos
I am definitely slowly introducing yellow into my wardrobe

a889862ceb4a2bf81fad940d1637c125.jpg

asos
This one I had been eyeing for a long long time...

And I ordered this one from Mango:
12906774bd8e2b22b662ed6e12ca5c1f.jpg

mango
It's a cotton, silk and cashmere mix. Also yet to arrive.

---

When I cleaned my wardrobe in the beginning of December, I had put on my to-buy list that I wanted more button ups and blouses, especially white shirts - so I got that done; black cardigans (though one of the COS ones is navy, but it's dark enough) and a coloured one; a pale pink jumper.
So all that is "left" is a wool breton jumper and a nice green one, and I'm pleased with my shopping even though I am aware I went a little overboard.

I also took a couple of clothing to a seamstress, it's been ready since last Monday but I've been too lazy and sick to go pick them up! It was a skirt and a cardigan I had in my "don't know what to wear this with" - which is now an empty board!

---

My best buys from 2014 were probably the short sleeved button ups I bought, as I really got a lot of wear from those. Also my leather skirt, which will likely serve me for years to come!

Aaaand as if that post wasn't long enough already, I am still considering buying these two pieces...:

0fc652d766670a2b0e7c76ea42fb5b4a.jpg

darlingclothes

b2002d89af0aa9a8335c5cbcbb861577.jpg

oasis-stores

And probably will :ninja: but after that, I will definitely be more cautious about my shopping!

I'm impressed barbaraaa! :shock: Lots of great purchases, I especially like the white ASOS-shirt, the green blouse and the skirt that you are still considering. Also the second cardigan from COS, I was eyeing that myself a while back. :wink:

Interesting to read about everyone's favourites! :flower:

eizhowa, I have that olive cashmere crewneck... :innocent:

^ I just wanted you suggest some other stores than you are usually visiting, given that you are on a hunt for the same items for a really long time now. Hope you will be satisfied with your COS pieces. :flower: Speaking of it, their recent collections are not very appalling to me. Can't remember when and what I've bought there last time. It's probably a year ago already. :huh:

The reason why I can't even find some basic items is because I am looking for the perfect items, the perfect fabrics, the perfect neckline, the perfect colour. So I was looking in stores like cos, ralph lauren, other stories (the quality isn't that good at all), samsoe&samsoe and vintage stores. I will go to Uniqlo but from what Ive seen I don't really like the necklines. The COS jumper looks exactly like this Iris & Ink jumper, same colour and neckline. And it's perfect.

Another basic item that I can't seem to find is the perfect anthracite jeans. Who can help me find that one?

net-a-porter.com

Great splurge barbaraaa, I'm glad I'm not the only one buying a lot of great stuff. :wink:
I really love your first cardigan with the buttons on one side, great piece! And indeed skorts are very handy/safe in comparison to short skirts. I don't like to buy any very short skirts anymore because of the chance of flashing my undies, too much hassle watching out all the time. The blouse with the print reminds me of Acne S/S15.

I was thinking about new socks. My heels are peeking through. Does anyone know any good quality brands? And also (very) warm socks?

I have a quick question for those of you who shop at COS and Uniqlo. Which one would you prefer better, or do you recommend them both?

Really nice sweater trenchcoat!

Barbaraa, that COS button cardigan looks great!

Rachelle, I think the quality is pretty much the same, but Cos is more expensive and the cuts are more trendy/modern. I only have basic sweaters and blouses from uniqlo.

I have a merino wool sweater from both cos and uniqlo, and the cos one is slighly finer in the material, but it was 2x as expensive.

Thank you, everyone ^_^

Here is a pic of my Benetton jumpers:

20150104_161511.jpg

my pic

I agree with eizhowa about COS vs Uniqlo 100%... Uniqlo is great for basics, and way cheaper, COS is about the same quality and trendier, edgier maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->