The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently J Crew has 40% off on the perfect fit tee I would like to buy, but no free shipping and still taxes applied. Any idea if they are going to offer a higher sale percentage and/or free shipping and/or no taxes? Tia! :flower:

If this item is part of their standard line, I'm thinking it won't get any better?? Not a J Crew expert, as their cut doesn't fit me ... the only thing I've had from them I think is a hair clip, long gone :wink:

I like that cardigan, betina, and the texture reminds me of the boucle you have ... really like the zipper detail.

I have not seen more than 40% off at J crew, Nymphaea:( Sometimes they do an additional x% off sales items, but I think the biggest discounts/free shipping combinations occur before Christmas.

Caramel: Yes, thats the word:smile: "Filt" (felt) is the flimsy cheap fabric you glue onto christmas cards in pre-school:P

Thanks for the input concerning J Crew, I'm going to purchase the tees. :smile:

Nymphaea, I pinned some Lanvin brogues for you, dressy ones ... they have 9.5.

^Thanks fashionista-ta! Nice suede, but I would like ones with matte or patent leather and very simple, for example see below. But these are men shoes unfortunately and I think a bit wider than women's brogues/oxfords.

church

Nympaea, Church also has womens shoes, and they look a lot like the examples you posted. You might want to check their site there are some great models that look just as simple and classic as the styles from the men's department.

^Thanks Fewormany, you're right! But unfortunately not the same simple design like the mens shoes, but I will check them regularly and keep my eyes open for other brands like Lanvin. Lanvin has a nice brogue but it's without shoelace. :(

I had to look twice, but the women's versions have some extra detailing I didn't notice indeed.
What about these Hugo Boss shoes?

hbeu50273534_605_21

hugoboss.com

^Great find Fewormany, but they look a bit heavy, in other words thick sole. I'm sorry, I'm very picky. :flower: In October in London I tried on YSL (there wasn't much/any space in the shoelace to make it tighter if you wanted it) and Celine (a bit too masculine).

Don't feel sorry for knowing what you want, we've all been there. :wink:

@Caramel: Aha. This thread is taking my places I had never imagined :D

@Ta-ta: I hadn't thought of that, but you are perfectly right! I really like it as well. Just need to figure out wether it will be good with the rest of my wardrobe.

@Nymphaea: Not sure if they have your size, but I think French Sole might make brogues like the ones you want, perhaps.

--------------

I am really pleased with my wardrobe ATM and haven't felt the need to add anything more, but I am LONGING for spring - I really have an issue with wool ATM - normally I am freezing constantly from October through March but these days I am HOT all the time, and it is driving me crazy..

^Thanks Betinapple, never heard of it before. They've got a wicked pair of patent brogues, but also some very nice flats!
You can give me a bit of your hotness :wink:, I'm often cold.

I am the only one who is affraid of the summer and spring. I never know how to d

@Nymphaea: glad to help - and please, do take all of the hotness you can handle :wink:

@Trenchcoat: I defintely prefer fall/early spring type wether in regards getting dressed. Right now I am very happy with my wardrobe, but I am not sure if I have enough spring/summer apropriate clothes. I really hope so, cause I would rather not add more.

Trenchcoat: Have you tried to make a SS capsule? You can get very far with 1-2 pairs of jeans, a few tees/bretons, one great jacket and one summer dress:flower: You already have your navy Marant jacket.

Have any of you got any experience with taking in dress pants? I have a pair of tobacco colored trousers that are too big. They are 70% viscose and 30% wool, and quite delicate/thin. I love the color, but now that they are too big they are completely unwearable. I would need to take in the hips, and slim the legs/thighs. I am worried it won't turn out well, and that it will be a very costly mistake to try to have them fixed:S

Trenchcoat: Have you tried to make a SS capsule? You can get very far with 1-2 pairs of jeans, a few tees/bretons, one great jacket and one summer dress:flower: You already have your navy Marant jacket.

Have any of you got any experience with taking in dress pants? I have a pair of tobacco colored trousers that are too big. They are 70% viscose and 30% wool, and quite delicate/thin. I love the color, but now that they are too big they are completely unwearable. I would need to take in the hips, and slim the legs/thighs. I am worried it won't turn out well, and that it will be a very costly mistake to try to have them fixed:S

I don't have any personal experience, but I know that the tailor at my job (who is a 80-something year old fellow, and has been doing tailoring for many years) wont hem suitpants that are too delicate in the fabric - not sure if the same goes for taking them in around the waist area.

^That's what I am worried about. There is some extra fabric in the hem (for giants who need trousers let out probably) and I can see the trousers pucker where the hem is stitched:/ Your tailor would probably not find that an acceptable tailor-job:wink:

And it is viscose, so I can't try to shrink them either (viscose has a 50% death rate when washed...)...

I don't need the trousers this season, but I do miss having a pair of cropped summer trousers in "my color"...

Thanks for your input Betina:flower:

^That's what I am worried about. There is some extra fabric in the hem (for giants who need trousers let out probably) and I can see the trousers pucker where the hem is stitched:/ Your tailor would probably not find that an acceptable tailor-job:wink:

And it is viscose, so I can't try to shrink them either (viscose has a 50% death rate when washed...)...

I don't need the trousers this season, but I do miss having a pair of cropped summer trousers in "my color"...

Thanks for your input Betina:flower:

Not sure if it is totally impossible - hope you'll figure something out :flower:

_________

I have added two more things to my SS wishlist - not something I need, but things I would like

- A black bouclé jacket (not sure if it is neccesary if I get the navy cardigan) - I always think that it would be nice to have, for dressier occasions, to wear over dresses, but never have gotten around to buying one.
- Something pale pink - probably a top of some kind. Appearently I like everything in that colour, these days.

^You've talked about that black boucle jacket for years. I think it is about time we find you one:wink: I will keep my eyes open:smile:

^You've talked about that black boucle jacket for years. I think it is about time we find you one:wink: I will keep my eyes open:smile:

I am surprised that anyone but myself remembers :lol: I did find the perfect one, but it sold out - I think that is the problem - that, and everything being hip lenght - I need something that is shorter, waist-length preferably. And thank you :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->