The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I bought some tobacco colored trousers on yoox last january, and you commented on them being very narrow in the legs. I think they were pinned on that model, because the real fit is very different... It can be very misleading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Eizhowa, great blazer! I have a similar black one made of the same material. 6 years and still going strong.

@Eizhowa: Thank you for your recommendation! Right now my Benneton sweater is doing just fine and it certainly should be able to not only stay that way throughout this season, but also next winter, but I will consider Filippa K next time I am looking for knitwear.

I alsoreally like your blazer! Would have considered it for myself, if it had been black.

Eizhowa, for wool blazer (a little too late, i know :mrgreen:) check Massimo Dutti collection in winter. I have a 100% wool blazer from there for reasonable price (full price is around 200€).

^Thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately Massimo Dutti only ships from the EU, so the duty/taxes would make the blazer full price again to me:wink:

Do any of you have any experience with Won hundred tees?

Betina, I tried to take a picture of the blazer to show you how black/blue the blazer is. The picture from the NN site seems bluer than it is IRL I think. I think there is something about the fabric texture that makes it reflect light and look lighter than it is. I took two pictures, because in January lighting, everything looks blue where I live...

Here you can see (L-R:( Black silk shirt - blazer - Navy blue shirt
25gut81.jpg

In more natural lighting (L-R:( Black silk shirt - blazer - Navy blue shirt
2r3cr9y.jpg

Picrutes are my own

I was going to recommend it to you, but I was unsure about the shape. It might be woth checking out though. It is 599 DKK in stores now:smile: I totally understand if you feel it is way too blue though, I prefer "redder" blacks as well, actually:P

@Eizhowa: I like the colour, but if it looks gross with black pants, it is no good for me :P thank you, though.

So this is a bit random but it's a huge deal for me but since I began driving I've been needing, more than ever, a pair of sunglasses. I am awfully shortsighted, so these will be prescription sunglasses too. I wear Wayfarers for my regular eyeglasses, and I'm not sure whether I should go the same way for the sunglasses... any recommendations in that department? I've never owned sunglasses before, and the lenses will probably be very thick :lol:

^The thick lenses probably won't be that noticeable in wayfarers since the frame is quite thick itself. So I think that would be a good option. :smile:

I have been thinking about summer (like I do most of winter..) and the things I want/need. I'll be wearing the same colors and items I've been wearing last summer, so no style shift. The only thing that comes close to a need is a pair of simple solid colored shorts. A replacement for my Nike sneakers also might be necessary, I saw a great whe shift.

My S/S list so far:

Need:
  • shorts (probably navy or beige)
  • sneaker replacement (preferably white)

I hope COS will have some nice colored t-shirts, their shirts last ages on me and they have a very nice sheen on them (while still being 100% cotton). Best quality/price ratio I've come across when it comes to t-shirts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbaraa: I really like the wayfarers as well. I have had mine for 7-ish years now and they are the pair I keep returning to. If you already have the eyeglass version then I guess this is a shape you really suit:wink:

Talking about wayfarers, I think I might lost mine.. I hope they are on some random place they shouldn't be (like last time I "lost" them :innocent:), I got them as a gift and it would be :censored: if they were really gone.

^Oh no! Already found them?

eizhowa Very nice blazer especially on sale, lucky you! I would like a black blazer, currently have my eyes on one from Acne and one from Stella McC.

The Benneton sweater is a nice layering piece, but I wouldn't be surprised if it shrinks during washing or has a life span of only 1 or 2 years. It's not very long, my J Crew tees are longer.

barbaraaa Yes, why not sunglasses also from Wayfarers if you like them. I very much like the Wayfarers my husband has, he also hasn't got any sunglasses yet.

I finally bought the black Porsellis I have been talking about for the past 1-2 year:woot: they were on sale on Toast.co.uk and there was one left in my size so I just pounced and bought them. I didn't even take the time to google for coupons. Crazy times!

I also picked up a white Won hundred tee today in town. I guess that means I am technically set for S/S. Hm... What to do now..?:innocent::lol:

i6lfsn.jpg
2e6bw1t.jpg

wonhundred.com/apc.fr

^Great, congrats! :clap:
What to do now? Maybe knitting? :Pink:

^I am thinking maybe a 4-5 dish French kitchen, where I learn 4-5 new dishes per season:wink: Or something:P

I found a picture that really catches the essence of t-shirt shopping for me, and I wanted to share it.

This is how I look in 99% of grown up t-shirts:

o9io11.jpg

miinto.no

This is why I can't do Acne:P

Thanks for sharing, I see what you mean and can understand how annoying that can be. :flower: You should get some centimeters from me then! I got them in abundance and want a shorter upper torso. :smile:

Congrats eizhowa! Ive ordered an anthracite jeans. Now I want a white crisp shirt and my basic wardrobe is almost complete.

Congrats Eizhowa on your blazer!
Jindaze, you mention you have a similar one.
I have a similar one too...two, actually.
But I've stopped wearing them because I got a little bored/run out of styling ideas.

How do you style yours? I'd love some inspiration. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->