The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I have been wearing it as an additional layer under my grey one-button fall coat. Worn that way it pretty much works with my entire wardrobe and all my old go-to outfits. I figure that when it gets warmer, I can just peel of my coat and keep going:wink: For summer I am planning to wear it with vintage printed mens scarves and colored ballet flats (and a top of some kind:() I don't buy anything anymore without having 10 outfits planned:P

I would also love to hear how Jina wears it:flower:

Nymphaea: I would take you up on your offer, but I don't need more torso-inches:P If you ever feel like your legs are too long we can talk again:D

This is actually my first blazer, I bought it to wear to a wedding and with intention of wearing it for a long time to come. For this occasion I wore it with a summer frilly off-white dress with delicate leaf print, off-white heeled sandals and a long black clutch with gold chain. Then I wore it regularly as a jacket (I just have two blazers, a leather jacket and trenchcoat as outerwear for spring and autumn - which is just a couple of months per year each, where I live).
I love the classic combination of a formal white/black shirt, dress trousers, blazer, brogues and a satchel. Also a blazer with skinny or slouchy leather trousers and all kinds of collared and striped tops. I have a bunch of basic tops, so a blazer easily smartens up an outfit. It looks very nice with thin necklaces IMO.

Eizhowa, I have the opposite problems with the tops, almost everything is too short on me. Even the longline tops are just regular length on me. Also, I hope this oversized/cropped trend will die soon, it has been enough of this ridiculousness already.

Oh, I can't sleep. I am too excited. I can't wait to wear black ballet flats in January (the snow is gone now:(heart:

We had an incredibly nice day today as well ... 70 degrees. Amazing in January. Unfortunately I had nothing formal planned, or I could've worn my new blouse :tongue:

eizhowa, I really like the shape of that T. It reminds me of the two identical ones I had that the cleaners ruined ... they were organic cotton too! Glad you got the ballet flats you wanted as well. Black is challenging. I've been enjoying wearing mine. They make my feet look very narrow, I've noticed.

Barbara, don't Wayfarers come in white? I think you should get them, but in a significantly different color. Do they have polka dots? :lol:

@Eizhowa: story of my life! I mainly have the problem with knitwear tho. Combine the problem with everything being oversized and imagine me looking like a child who raided her mothers closet. I actually think petite sizes might be good for tops for me, since I have a short torso, appearently.

Congrats on your new purchases. I really like that tee! What is the style called? Might be an option, if mine can't go the distance.

@Melisande: I mainly wear mine at work ATM, actually I just store it in my locker at work. That also means that I wear it with pretty much everything that I wear to work - since I sometime need an additional layer after lunch when I get back down to an ice cold store. My colleauge was teasing me one day where I had layered it over my leather skirt + black sweater and added my white partisan scarf, but actually end up telling me it looked quite put together. I also love wearing it with jeans, tall boots, a flowy with shirt and buttoning it, so it drapes the shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melisande, I wear a lot of blazers and I wear them with everything... as layer pieces when it's colder outside under my winter coat and as a coat in itself during most of the rest of the year! I have quite the collection of blazers... two black, one dark gray, one burgundy, one navy, one navy with pinstripes and one in a weird vintagey print :ninja: I wear them with anything, really. At some point I started getting bored of always wearing a blazer so I bought the two printed ones...

Thank you for the input on the sunglasses issue, everyone! I might get another pair of raybans indeed :wink: either in a funky colour (as I'll use them mostly as a replacement for my eyeglasses in times of need) or in a safe colour, in case I end up breaking my current frames somehow :ermm: I only broke a pair once, but wayfarers give me the safety that if it happens again I can keep the lenses :lol:

Eizhowa, how do porsellis run? That black pair has me intrigued... I want a pair of flats I can wear for summer (ie: sans hosiery - my current pairs only fit as such) and as I have one foot a bit larger than the other the adjustable string has always caught my attention... as has that discount :wink:

I really like the idea of that printed blazer, barbaraa:flower: Sounds like a great way to add some interest to an outfit. And I really weird vintagey prints:wink:

About the porsellis, I wear a size 37,5 normally and I can wear both 37 and 38 in Porselli, but I prefer the 38, because if they get too big I can tighten the string, while the 37s leather gets stretched out. I am worried my tan pair in 37 will have an unnecesarily early death becasue of it:( I really like Porsellis because the leather is so soft that they have never given me a blister or any foot issues:smile:

Betina: It is called the Billie tee:smile:

Thanks all for the blazer inspiration! It sounds like most of you wear it where I'd wear otherwise wear a cardi, and that most of you go for a monochrome look. I guess part of it was that I always thought of it as an outer layer, but it's too fitted to wear anything but a tee or light knit underneath, so it wasn't getting much cold-season wear. I'll try it under a coat next time. :smile:

Oh Eizhowa I forgot to congratulate you on your Porsellis. Good shopping karma and excellent pouncing instincts.

For spring this will be my outfits I think. I will add some tees in grey, navy and white. And I want a navy summer dress. But my favourite colours at the moment are: rust, navy, grey (light/anthracite) and white.

S/S wishlist:
anthracite jeans
white crisp blouse
navy porselli
tee's: grey, navy, white
rust blazer (don't know where to look for this one)

net-a-porter.com/zalando.nl/apc.fr/la-garconne.com/bijenkorf.nl/hm.com/net-a-porter.com/toast.com/net-a-porter.com/la-garconne.com/yoox.com

^That Chloe blazer does occationally pop up on vestairecollective. I dissmissed it, because I am too petite for Chloe blazers. It is a beautiful blazer. Perfect for fall too. They have a cheap one at HMs but it is of course not nearly as gorgeous:wink:

Toast have navy porsellis on sale as well btw:flower:

^That Chloe blazer does occationally pop up on vestairecollective. I dissmissed it, because I am too petite for Chloe blazers. It is a beautiful blazer. Perfect for fall too. They have a cheap one at HMs but it is of course not nearly as gorgeous:wink:

Toast have navy porsellis on sale as well btw:flower:

do you have a link of the HM blazer?

^I can't find it in their online store, but in my town you can find it in all the physical ones.

Porsellis seem very fragile, can you comment on this eizhowa? How is the quality? Can you walk long and often in them?

I've pinned some bags I like. I'm looking voor a shoulder/cross body bag for whole day (shopping) trips etc. I realised I've only got top handles. Feel free to comment and give suggestions. :flower:

Ode to Porsellis

^I wear my porsellis exclusively march/april to october/november. I had two pairs I alternated between this spring/summer/fall (now I have four). I recon I they will last at least 2 years even with heavy wear, but hopefully I can get a cobbler to extend their use beyond that. I think what will kill them is that the leather wears through at the toe, as the leather is quite thin (and supple and delicious). Still, I wouldn't change the leather because the soft(/"fragile") leather is what makes them so comfortable. I think I have said this before, but all other ballet flats I have tried (Includning my Chanels, at the toe) have given me blisters or make my skin hard/thick:yuk: They are definitly worth the price for me.

I do need to resole them each summer though, because I walk a lot and wear through all my soles in record speed. I can walk all day in them. The soles have no padding, but they are very soft and I have had no issues with them being uncomfortable. But they might not be ideal if you require a lot of support for your feet? I don't know anything about that topic though.

(Edit: I have some ballet flats from ECCO, which are supposed to be good for your feet. They sucked compared to my Porsellis:innocent: My feet bleed and I get very tired under my feet quickly when I wear them.)

And also they look really nice:heart:

^Thanks for your review! :flower: I will try them and others like Repetto in Paris if I can find them. But my big toes have a tendency to point upwards :lol:, so that could be a problem with thin leather.

^I checked, and you can return sale items from Toast. I have never found them at a cheaper price than they are right now.

^Thanks! I first want to find a sturdy shoe, like the oxfords/brogues earlier on or an ankle boot. So I'm keeping this for my list when visiting Paris.

Porsellis seem very fragile, can you comment on this eizhowa? How is the quality? Can you walk long and often in them?

I've pinned some bags I like. I'm looking voor a shoulder/cross body bag for whole day (shopping) trips etc. I realised I've only got top handles. Feel free to comment and give suggestions. :flower:

Are you from holland btw? If you are please get me the navy dark porsellis in the size 41 hahhaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
novaeworld
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->