The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That awkward moment when you come across a picture and think 'That looks like a great coat and scarf" and realize it's worn by Kanye West. :ninja: :lol:

^^^:lol: Kim has the same bag as me (I wear it better oc), so I think I know how you are feeling:flower:

I have been bad.... I am usually not very tempted by sales, but it is a whole other story when it is a good sale... The high end department store in my town are closing for a few months to do the place up and everything is 50-70% off (even Burberry wool trenches)... I almost came home with a pair of dark camel suede Acne pistol boots, a pair of dark blue Stella Mccartney jeans and a large navy Acne Canada style scarf - none of which were on my wishlist:innocent:

I did pick up a pair of French sole henrietta flats in black though. They were so cheap and I figured black ballet flats probably aren't going to go out of style (at least not for me:wink:). They are very differently cut (longer, narrower, smaller toe box) from the Porselli flats I own, so I will hold off having them resoled untill I know they are worth it. If they kill my feet I will not bother. Having them resoled would cost almost as much as buying a second pair:rolleyes: They did have an adjustable string so that was a big pluss:smile:

iemdkn.png

stylemetv.com

Kanye was probably having a bad day with such a great outfit. :P
You bad girl eizhowa! :wink: But they are lovely, will await your quality/fit review in the future.
Tomorrow I will have a look at the Church shoe store and a couple of other designer stores for shoes and a cross body bag (my pinterest bags/shoes), also will have a look at a blazer from Acne. Curious if the items are available in store and how they look in real life.

That awkward moment when you come across a picture and think 'That looks like a great coat and scarf" and realize it's worn by Kanye West. :ninja: :lol:

:lol:

How do you guys feel about leather gloves? Are they warmer or nicer in any way than wool gloves? Where (online or in store) do you buy things such as gloves, scarves, etc? I'm going on a short trip to a cold weather location... I know my definition of cold weather is different than that of most of you, but still :wink:

I've got leather (with, 0-5 degrees Celsius, and without fur inside, above 5 degrees Celsius) and wool/synthetic gloves (around/below freezing point). Overall the wool/synthetic are the warmest, but essential is that you have gloves that aren't too tight so in between can accumulate a warm air insulation. Also mittens are warmer than gloves, when it's really cold (freezing) I wear my wool mittens, the fingers keep each other warm. :lol:

^ I prefer leather gloves that are lined with wool or cashmere, otherwise they are not warm enough for Norwegian winters at least. :wink:

Lovely ballet flats eizhowa! I kind of prefer the smaller toe box myself. Let us know how they work out for you! :flower:

I browsed some sales today too, and came across a really nice boucle jacket/blazer at Day Birger et Mikkelsen (2nd day, I think) at 60% off. I didn't try it on, but I may go back tomorrow... anyway, it made me think of this thread because I seem to remember someone was looking for a black boucle jacket? Betina perhaps?

After having no luck fining a long cardigan that doesn't drown me, I finally decided to persuade my mother to knit one for me, so today I bought yarn. ^_^ Not a fast fashion solution, but likely much longer lasting than anything I can find in stores!

^Do you have a link?

The warmest gloves, I find, are wool (or fur...) lined leather (or some windproof synthetic, which I won't do because I think they are ugly) mittens. The leather keeps the wind out, but does not add any heat. That said, I have leather gloves with a thin wool lining that do just fine. In february, temperatures can dip just below 0 degrees celsius, but we have a lot of cold wind. So it depends on your destination:smile: If you are going to Siberia, get mittens.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

How do you guys feel about leather gloves? Are they warmer or nicer in any way than wool gloves? Where (online or in store) do you buy things such as gloves, scarves, etc? I'm going on a short trip to a cold weather location... I know my definition of cold weather is different than that of most of you, but still :wink:

Yes, the leather is very important for driving, and you can get them lined in cashmere. Plus, moths cannot eat the leather :wink: They also wear much better and last longer. My gloves came from Nordstrom. I wear them when the temperature is 50 or below ... my skin cracks (and then bleeds) in the cold.

^ :lol: Uld means wool (ull in Norwegian).

Betina, that's the only boucle jacket I can see on the site, but it looks different from what I remember if it's that one...it might be though, since I just saw it on the hanger.

^ That makes sense ... I might have gotten there if they hadn't had it in all caps ...

^It is just good business to write polyester in fine print and wool in capital letters:wink:

Ah yes, just like a cashmere coat: 90% wool and 10% cashmere! :glare:

^Mangos aplaca sweaters - 5% alpaca wool:D Worst of all, Zaras cashmere effect scarf - 100% acrylic:lol:

@Caramel: It is nice, but I think I'd imagined something different. Probably just a copy of my grey bouclé jacket. Is that too much to ask for? :D Thank you for thinking of me, though.

@Eizhowa: cashmere effect :lol: wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->