The Best Smelling And Worst Smelling Perfumes

I used to hate Chanel no 5 when I was younger but now it's really a great perfume to smell on anyone...

Ha. Don't know if I've mentioned.. but all Estee Lauder perfume should be barred from stores.

My grandma let me smell hers when I was little, to which I responded.. "mmm, smells like Raid!"

hah

Haha. A lot of scents that people hate are ones I adore:

Angel by Theirry Mugler (me and my husband ADORE this one! So sweet!)
Kingdom by Alexander McQueen (strong sexy scent. Love it)
Hot Couture by Givenchy (sexxay!)
Gucci for Men (rich scent. LOVE the oud!)
Wish by Chopard (so sweet and delicate. One of my first loves.)
YSL Babydoll (again, it is so sweet. Anyone notice a trend here? :P)

I have to admit Chanel No. 5 isn't very nice smelling. It's too bad since it is a classic.

seriously! I hate everything by Estee Lauder, ugh!

My all time fave is Comptoir Sud Pacifique in Vanille Abricot or Vanille Banane, or god, i love everything they make.
And my newest obsession is the L.A.M.B. perfume by Gwen. Ahhhh so refreshing! :heart:
Ha. Don't know if I've mentioned.. but all Estee Lauder perfume should be barred from stores.

My grandma let me smell hers when I was little, to which I responded.. "mmm, smells like Raid!"

hah

i'm hoping to get a bottle of Prada Infusion d'Iris because i think it's a really beautiful scent!

Poison smells awful on me. After 10 minutes of wearing it I being to smell just a like a candy apple. No, I don't like waking around smelling like a carnival. :yuk:

If I smell one more person wearing Tom Ford Black Orchid I am going to scream. Its gotten so popular. Same with Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue which I personally dislike but is somehow incredibly popular.

Hermes Kelly Caleche is very nice and I dislike remix perfumes strongly.

^ what does Black Orchid smell like? i've never ever seen it at a store, or even smelled it in a scent strip... maybe i've been smelling it on people all along. :lol:

I concur with the Black Orchid. I went to find it and smell it as soon as it came out b/c the ads were so gorgeous. I guess I am easily influenced by marketing:innocent: . But really I thought it stank. Maybe right on the right person but not for me.:yuk:

Also too... Chanel No. 5 smells like old ladies. Not bad, but if I'm reading a mag with a scented page of it I'm always like "what is that? it smells like a rich old lady.." And sure enough I'll turn to a No. 5 ad. maybe I'll start wearing it when I'm old...

^ what does Black Orchid smell like? i've never ever seen it at a store, or even smelled it in a scent strip... maybe i've been smelling it on people all along. :lol:

Its an unusual scent sort of avery sweet almost creamy scent mixed with musk and these very ripe fruit notes. If I were to compare it to other perfumes I'd probably say it calls to mind Flowerbomb (for sweetness) and Angel (for that sort of very decadent gourmand element) most of all. Its a heady scent and it is sexy but I was expecting an Orchid scent based on the name or at least something more floral. I think they give a very accurate review of it on Now Smell This. I found that it did not smell all that great on me personally but the Voile version (which cuts out the fruit and the truffle notes and focuses on the floral side of things) to be very nice and much prettier on me.

Its worth a sniff I'd say if only just to try it on for size. Its certainly different than a lot of what is out there right now. Always a plus in my book. My problem is that its EVERYWHERE right now - a lot of girls are wearing it and its not a subtle scent so you just know when you're smelling it. Its like BOOM Tom Ford.

Tom Ford's Private Blends line is great. My favorite is the rather oddly named Moss Breeches. It smells like some incredible Italian seaside resort - all handmade soap and fresh linens. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I hate heady, I got the same feeling from Black Orchid as I do from Fracas (which I also really dislike) overpowering, dark purple heady scent.

I love Romance by Ralph Lauren, first i didn't like it so much, but after few minutes it smells divine.:wub:

I love Armani Code pour homme... I wear it all the time. I generally prefer cologne to perfume though, simply because perfume tends to smell too fruity or sweet or both.

Last week I was smelling all different perfumes in a shop, and the one that really hit me as awefull was Dreaming by Tommy Hilfiger - it ended up reminding me of dust :sick:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->