Average number of copies per month from the last year:

Total number of copies: 2,077,900
Paid copies: 1,431,056
Paid outside mail: (newsstands, dealers, etc) 53,504
Free/Nominal rate: 405,986
Paid electronic copies: 206,000
Copies not distributed: 176,748
Percent paid:80.29%

More total number of copies than Vogue by 700K and a huge number of electronic copies, especially when compared with other magazines.

Audit numbers for Town and Country:

Total number of copies: 482,118
Paid copies: 903,122
Paid outside mail: (newsstands, dealers, etc) 14,838
Free/Nominal rate: 182,768
Paid electronic copies: 46,790
Copies not distributed: 33,711
Percent paid: 63.09%

Audit numbers for Eqsuire:

Total number of copies: 670,637
Paid copies: 542,421
Paid outside mail: (newsstands, dealers, etc) 12,511
Free/Nominal rate: 72,348
Paid electronic copies: 72,679
Copies not distributed: 43,357
Percent paid: 89.66%

Thanks for posting, Axiomatic, do you have stats for GQ? Keen to see how Will Welch is performing.
As for Esquire, they've certainly slipped! How can a niche 1% magazine sell more than a mainstream men's magazine? the proof is in the covers and content.

I think there must be a typo somewhere along the line. T&C is certainly not selling 903,122 copies, I’d guess closer to 203,122. Still higher than I’d have thought. I agree Esquire isn’t doing so hot, though. With the name recognition and built in respect, with a better team, there’s no reason they couldn’t be closer to VF’s numbers than T&C’s.

I think there must be a typo somewhere along the line. T&C is certainly not selling 903,122 copies, I’d guess closer to 203,122. Still higher than I’d have thought. I agree Esquire isn’t doing so hot, though. With the name recognition and built in respect, with a better team, there’s no reason they couldn’t be closer to VF’s numbers than T&C’s.

Sorry, yes, the second line for T&C should read 265,639

Reactions: KoV
Thanks for posting all the numbers! It’s so interesting to compare how all the mags are doing, especially this year.

Vogue Italia’s Emanuele Farneti Gets More Responsibilities at Condé Nast

Alessandra Turra
Tue, December 1, 2020, 6:30 PM GMT+2

IN-HOUSE: While the game of musical chairs continues in the media landscape around the world, Condé Nast Italia is doing internal recruiting to fill the positions left vacant after last month’s departure of Luca Dini, the publishing company’s former editorial director and editor in chief of Architectural Digest and CN Traveller Italia. Dini has joined Milan-based publishing firm Cairo Editore, where he was tapped as editor in chief of women’s weekly title F and fashion and beauty monthly magazine Natural Style.

Emanuele Farneti, editor in chief of Vogue Italia and L’Uomo Vogue, has been named interim editor in chief of the Italian version of AD, a title he helped relaunch in 2014 when he returned to Condé Nast Italia to helm the interior design magazine.

In March 2016, Farneti moved to GQ as editor in chief and in January 2017 he landed at Vogue Italia, succeeding the late Franca Sozzani, who passed away at the end of 2016.

Born in 1974, Farneti developed his career as a journalist at a range of Italian publications, including newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport and men’s magazines Sportweek and Men’s Health.

For CN Traveller Italia, the publishing company chose to replace Dini with Maddalena Fossati, who also remains at the helm of the La Cucina Italiana food title.

WWD

I wish CN Italia would just hurry up and make Farneti artistic director of all their titles in Italy. That way he can focus on that role solely and hopefully get someone else to run Vogue.
Getting that plum position on top always seemed to be his main focus anyway, it's just unfortunate for rest of us that the path to that position is only ever via Vogue. See US, China, Australia etc.

Anyone has news about Oliver at GQ France? Did he change the team? Where the first issue under him will be out?

From Vogue Paris' Instagram:
#VogueValues2021 A new year, a new beginning—and a time to recommit to our values. Vogue believes in joy and optimism. We strive to live sustainably and advocate for independence, individuality, and creativity. We honor meaning and craft in fashion. We insist on inclusivity and respect—and will hold ourselves accountable to those ideals. We will endeavor every day to discover and support new talent. We believe in the power of communities and families of all kinds. Our work matters.
Editors-in-Chief, Vogue.

So I believe we are to expect another global theme this January (by editions who will actually do a January issue, not already combined with December, that is)?

'We will endeavor every day to discover and support new talent.'

With Rianne getting 3 OG covers in one year, only one solo female photographer shooting a cover over a decade, and the EIC styling 80% of the covers? PLEASE!!
How ironic that VP is the first Vogue to post this manifesto. They're shooting themselves in the foot because someone will mess up. Just do the work, stop making noise.

A letter came with my British Vogue subscription and it states the magazine will continue to publish twelve monthly issues a year - just thought I'd mention with the news of Vogue Poland and Vogue Germany cutting frequency in 2021.

A letter came with my British Vogue subscription and it states the magazine will continue to publish twelve monthly issues a year - just thought I'd mention with the news of Vogue Poland and Vogue Germany cutting frequency in 2021.
Fair play to Edward, that magazine went out in print every month this year when so many others didn't, and he's no slouch at overseeing a magazine which works hard to keep advertising revenue coming in. Whatever we might think of the current content, the print issues still have a heft to them that inspires more confidence than those 100-page pamphlets masquerading as magazines.

Vogue Spain EIC steps down. Everyone is jumping from the sinking ship, it seems.

Guess I won't be buying Grazia US

https://nypost.com/2020/12/08/david-thielebeule-named-eic-for-grazia-mags-2021-us-launch/

Dylan Howard, a key figure in the National Enquirer’s infamous catch-and-kill scandal, has caught himself an editor-in-chief in his new role as the publisher and CEO of the US edition of the Italian fashion bible Grazia

Dylan Howard’s Hollywood Reboot: Why Are So Many A-Listers Working With a Tabloid Henchman? | Hollywood Reporter

Howard rose at AMI to run the Enquirer and become a key lieutenant to CEO David Pecker in the shady but lucrative business at the intersection of celebrity and infamy. In 2017, he was revealed by Ronan Farrow in The New Yorker to be Weinstein's accomplice, conspiring to dig up dirt on the mogul's actress accusers. Later, he was named in The Wall Street Journal as a Trump secret-squasher, with Farrow subsequently reporting in his book Catch and Kill that Howard shredded documents incriminating the president that the Enquirer had amassed but never printed. And in February 2019, Bezos made public Howard's emails that threatened to publish compromising pictures of the Amazon founder and girlfriend Lauren Sanchez — unless Bezos' Washington Post stood down on what he characterized as the paper's critical coverage of Saudi Arabia's business relationship with AMI.

During this period, Howard was personally accused in an Associated Press story of sexually harassing employees at AMI's Los Angeles offices in the 2010s. AMI claimed that the company conducted an internal review at the time that did not find serious wrongdoing. However, Howard subsequently departed the company for 15 months to run Celebuzz, where he would face similar allegations. THR has obtained an April 2013 memo from Celebuzz's outsourced human resources firm, which concluded that Howard had violated its sexual harassment policy. Among the claims filed against him were that he'd made lewd comments about his dating history and specifically retaliated against workers who didn't "engage in his sexual banter" by "embarrassing them or downgrading their work efforts." Howard resigned shortly before HR made its final determination, citing "the unfounded allegations against me." AMI has said it didn't know about the Celebuzz harassment complaint when it rehired Howard to a promoted position overseeing the Enquirer and all of its newsrooms out of its New York office. (Pecker didn't respond to questions for this story.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->