The Business of Magazines

Thom Bettridge appointed Editor-in-Chief of i-D Magazine, which will return to print in March 2025.

Linda Gümüs Gerritsen now Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Netherlands:

Thom Bettridge appointed Editor-in-Chief of i-D Magazine, which will return to print in March 2025.

Linda Gümüs Gerritsen now Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Netherlands:

What happened at Vogue NL? how was the previous EIC?...

Full article about new i-D editor

i-D Magazine Appoints Thom Bettridge Editor in Chief​

The iconic British title owned by Karlie Kloss is set to resume print on a bi-annual cadence under Bettridge, formerly creative vice president of Ssense.
XUQDISNJORFADMM6VIKDJTTSDI.jpg

Thom Bettridge
By SIMONE STERN CARBONE
17 September 2024

i-D magazine is set to resume publication with Thom Bettridge as editor-in-chief and chief brand officer, publisher Bedford Media said in a statement.
The magazine will return to print on a bi-annual basis in March 2025 after suspending publication earlier this year. A reduced frequency (the magazine was previously bi-monthly) is intended “to make room for additional print concepts and multi-platform projects,” Bedford said.
Bettridge, who was most recently online retailer Ssense’s vice president of creative content, previously held editorial roles at 032c, Interview and Highsnobiety, where he was editor-in-chief. Bettridge will “oversee all aspects of creative, editorial, and brand for i-D.”
Bettridge’s appointment follows similar moves at other titles to elevate editors with experience blending commerce and media. In August, another alum of the publisher, e-tailer and consultancy Highsnobiety, Willa Bennett, was named editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan and Seventeen.

“No one embodies the future of i-D more than Thom,” Kloss said in a statement, “His creative instinct and cultural fluency make him the ideal person to chart the magazine’s next chapter.”
Bettridge succeeds Alastair McKimm, who exited the company in February following model-investor Kloss’ deal to acquire the British magazine through her company Bedford Media.
Eight staff members in i-D’s editorial and social media were laid off, and the publication went quiet for six months.
A couple of weeks ago, i-D’s website relaunched with a digital cover featuring Charli XCX and Troye Sivan, shot by fashion designer Eli Russell Linnetz.
Bedford is also working on the relaunch of Life magazine.
businessoffashion.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->