The Devil Wears Prada (2006 Movie)

i read the weirdest thing in papers the other day...
it said that movie was called that way cos the pope wears prada shoes?!?!?!
but,here u can read all kind of sh*t!!!
so i just had a good laugh!

^^ Prada made a pair of red shoes for the Pope, yes, but it was quite a while after the book came out with the same title... ^_^

Boomer said:
^^ Prada made a pair of red shoes for the Pope, yes, but it was quite a while after the book came out with the same title... ^_^

well, i just read it... i have nothing against the pope, although my dad was chatolic,and mum is ortodox... so i am like 50/50...:flower:

I loved the clothes worn by Emily Blunt, they were brilliant.

the dvd already came out so when will we start see some screen caps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the real designer of the bag in which the scene the character James holt asks who designed the bag when she is at his party? thanks

I have the dvd (got it for christmas and in a funny twist of fate, the day before I got it I made a big scene at blockbuster with my mom about how we weren't going to rent it since i'd seen it twice recently both on plane trips). How do you make screen caps from a dvd? I really want screen caps of her makeup in the restaurant scene in Paris. It's amazing.

re: the styling. I'm pretty sure i've said this thought previously in this thread but people need to lighten up about the styling. The point of the red dress/turquoise belt is that it's supposed to be a foreign concept to her that these colors go together. Personally I had no problems at all with that color combo. And what are people expecting - it all to be clothes from s/s 07? Sex and the City was a tv show so for it to be referential to the seasons clothing is fine. But this is a movie and the styling is meant to be more classic. If everything was easily identifiable then it would date the film. I like the montage of Andy's outfits when she starts to get into things. They made Emily Blunt's character's dressing more avante garde - you definately get that feeling. And I thought that Miranda's outfits were all very much in tune with how she would dress. Very classic and lots of fur.

Last edited by a moderator:
m.j. said:
i read the weirdest thing in papers the other day...
it said that movie was called that way cos the pope wears prada shoes?!?!?!
but,here u can read all kind of sh*t!!!
so i just had a good laugh!

yes it's true. Prada and some italian houses are official "fournisseurs" for the Popes.

It's true that the Pope wears prada shoes but it is not true that the book was called that because of it. I doubt the woman who wrote it even knew that information

Just saw the movie and really enjoyed it, acutally.

Perhaps I missed this in some of the other threads, but does anyone know anything about the jewellry in this film? I loved the earrings, necklaces, etc. worn by Anne, Emily, Meryl and some of the girls during the opening credits.

Thanks!

^^ There was discussion of the jewlery on the commentary track with the DVD... :wink:

The Devil wears prada fashion

I really liked all the outfit ,

Attachments

• Devil-Wears-Prada-20.jpg
    Devil-Wears-Prada-20.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 16
they were so stylish, feminine, formal

Attachments

• Devil-Wears-Prada-22.jpg
    Devil-Wears-Prada-22.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 12
  • Devil-Wears-Prada-27.jpg
    Devil-Wears-Prada-27.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 29
i donno what do u think ? let me know :D

Attachments

• photo_24_hires.jpg
    photo_24_hires.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 28
  • thedevilwearspradapubc.jpg
    thedevilwearspradapubc.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 22
we already have a thread on this film...
can anyone find the link so they can be merged please?

thanks!

:flower:

nada please credit the images you posted so that they won't have to be deleted

ChrissyM said:
nada please credit the images you posted so that they won't have to be deleted

(It says in the caption that they're from 20th century Fox...) :flower:

I hope these havent been posted :smile:
50451.jpg
50448.jpg
50452.jpg
49569.jpg
50453.jpg