The Plus Size Thread - All are welcome! - #2

Um, second post? If I'm doing something wrong, just let me know.

I'm not fat, but I suppose in the fashion world I'd be considered a big girl. I am 5'5 and a size 7/8 in most Jeans...about 130 lbs. My legs are my major problem. They aren't REALLY big, but I'm VERY pale in general. I know girls bigger than me..with bigger legs/thighs who just pull off skirts much better because the darker skin is slimming. Could anyone suggest a good length/cut for bigger legs/calves? Also, a good brand of jeans which minimize the thighs. Shoes that will make my legs look nicer...?

I'm going to NYC this coming Saturday, (because no way am I going to find any nice brand name clothing in Nowhere, Pa.)so if anyone could suggest any places to shop with a modest budget. I work at Kmart...and I'll be going on about $400 and have some gifts to buy yet...

Thanks in advance.

Emmy

bump!

It has probably already been mentioned, though I only saw "body-shaper" once in this thread.. Has anyone used these? What was the brand and what was your experience?

I recently saw an infomercial on Slim n Lift
http://www.thane.ca/products/health-beauty/slimlift-comfort/slimlift-comfort.php
Was pretty amazed.. Seemed to work really well, they did a couple of before and afters where you watch the person in their normal clothes and then put this on... Plus it's made of bamboo, apparently moisture-wicking

I saw that there is another product under the name Slim n Lift but made with nylon instead of bamboo
and company selling it is called California Beauty.. Not sure if they are the same product, just an older version:ermm:

Um, second post? If I'm doing something wrong, just let me know.

I'm not fat, but I suppose in the fashion world I'd be considered a big girl. I am 5'5 and a size 7/8 in most Jeans...about 130 lbs. My legs are my major problem. They aren't REALLY big, but I'm VERY pale in general. I know girls bigger than me..with bigger legs/thighs who just pull off skirts much better because the darker skin is slimming. Could anyone suggest a good length/cut for bigger legs/calves? Also, a good brand of jeans which minimize the thighs. Shoes that will make my legs look nicer...?

I'm going to NYC this coming Saturday, (because no way am I going to find any nice brand name clothing in Nowhere, Pa.)so if anyone could suggest any places to shop with a modest budget. I work at Kmart...and I'll be going on about $400 and have some gifts to buy yet...

Thanks in advance.

Emmy

Oh dear ... 7/8 is not plus size by any stretch :unsure:

However ... as far as skirt length, you want to either catch it around the knee at the slimmest point of your leg there (above or below the knee), or else go long, past the wide part of your calf. Opaque black tights are a must ... I like DKNY & think they are very good value.

As for shoes, I recommend some so smokin' hot they will make you forget about your legs, because any 'major problem' is located between the ears only :wink:

I think what's always so frustrating for me is that there are very limited numbers a lot of the time of designer items in size 14 and/or 16. That means by the time they are on sale (and I can afford them) there often isn't one left.

I feel the need to point out that a size even is no where near plus sized. But in the fashion I can imagine that to be the case, since, I believe, plus size models start at size 6. (which is ridiculous)

as a size 18 I have found that its no fun dressing to hide your body. Embrace your body. Dress in what you think looks good.

I also find that pencil skits look good on everyone :P

Zoe

GOOD NEWS for those of us who like cute and affordable, and don't mind online shopping.... H&M is releasing a spring collection called "Inclusive" (we'll see!).

At the moment, you would have to live in Europe in the delivery zone of these H&M Online stores : Austria, Denmark, Finland, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Swedish Finland and the UK. Let's tweet @HM to get them to offer international delivery!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what's always so frustrating for me is that there are very limited numbers a lot of the time of designer items in size 14 and/or 16. That means by the time they are on sale (and I can afford them) there often isn't one left.

I completely agree. It's frustrating. :(

3RingCircus, thanks for the news! That sounds really good. I actually like their BiB line, allthough the sizing is all over the place. They do make good basics IMO.

Hey girls! Its been a while since I posted but I thought I would share a couple of recent outfits with you all. For reference i'm 5'3 and size UK 16-18 (US 12-14)
5391083671_b2f757af6c.jpg

5353257530_4a71e885ea.jpg

5313293015_f63d4227f4.jpg

^Clubbing on NYE, I don't dress like that on a regular basis lol.
5305060590_a9935a7798.jpg

5273901653_84c063a15b.jpg

5199142059_5a2a5bf5c3.jpg

And I bought these pretty new stockings:
5371553804_d1df22f8d2_z.jpg

Some closeups of accessories and such:
5057901879_e987dbaf83_z.jpg

5199152355_db5178e845_z.jpg

5274506556_11c4d55fd9_z.jpg

5353260100_94d10d45eb_z.jpg

5313893252_90fdfe569b_o.png

xoxo

I haven't posted here in a while (but used to quite often!). I've been meaning to get back into it - and I thought this would be a nice way to reintroduce myself to this thread :smile:

tumblr_ljrsak5eHV1qaymys.jpg

tumblr_ljv914rWf61qaymys.jpg

tumblr_ljewy24tqx1qaymys.jpg

tumblr_li9knuM1S51qaymys.jpg

tumblr_lh5ix6z0Qi1qaymys.jpg

Crystalicious, you look absolutely great! I LOVE the trench on you, couldn't get any better! While I'm not plus sized, this thread is still very inspiring. It's always good to see pics of different body types looking HOT!

Yeah, that trench looks pretty amazing. Can I ask where you bought it? I also love the combination of the green dress and the hair. Very cute!

Crystalicious, thanks for posting your pix! You clearly know how to dress for your body. So important ... I wish everyone would figure it out :wink: I really like the third look. But also the first and last :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->