The Plus Size Thread - All are welcome! - #2

I am having such bad shopping luck this season. It has been ridiculously hard to find a decent plus size sundress. All the cute ones seem to have spaghetti straps , or no straps at all. This does not work on a plus size body. I need to wear a bra. They had one really good one at Lane Bryant and they didn't have my size. I get the feeling I need to venture into the world of online shopping, but that scares the hell out of me.

^ Can't you get Lane Bryant to get your size for you? What about a strapless bra? You could get a convertible one and remove the straps only when necessary.

^ Can't you get Lane Bryant to get your size for you? What about a strapless bra? You could get a convertible one and remove the straps only when necessary.

Yeah, I think I can. And I will because it was a beautiful dress. The idea of a strapless bra makes me a bit nervous. I would be just so afraid of it falling down while I am trying to frolic through the summer fields. But I think i'll go try on one, that can't hurt anything.

^ Sometimes they can shift a bit in a downward direction :wink: But if the band is the correct size and on the correct setting, it's going to be a matter of a bit of extra cleavage ... it's not gonna fall off or anything :wink: Now a swimsuit, that would be a different matter and maybe not the best idea, depending on the design ... but you should do what you feel comfortable with. Maybe a halter dress would work better for you.

I hardly come here anymore and didn't realize there was a 2nd PS thread. Now, I like Crystalicious' outfits. They work w/her body. One of these days, I may go ahead and post my own pics here.

Thanks, cheepmunk! I found it at H&M. I think it's on sale/clearance now.

Regarding bras (and I get this alot) I'm a 38D and I found my favorite ones at TJ MAxx (brand: lilyette) and Target (Gillian O'Malley). It IS all about band size, and yes, it does and will slide down a bit (I have to hike mine up a few times a day)... but I live in strapless tops&dresses - I live in AZ and it's over 100 degrees most of the year - it's a coping mechanism! lol :D

where are all the gorgeous curvy ladies! Please post!

tumblr_lkf7dl5iN71qaymys.jpg

tumblr_lkixsviv7t1qaymys.jpg

^
please provide a credit for the photos above. Thanks :flower:

ah yes - sorry not all the page loaded AND i misread the post - hence the confusion! :lol:

Yep, those are my pictures -- is that why one got deleted? I'm not stealing/trying to sell anything. They're me :smile:

It's refreshing seeing someone who understands her body and knows how to dress it. I'm not plus size either but you are very inspiring crystalicious! People often get so obsessed with size that forget about proportions. You nailed it!

Thank you, Daniellat. That means so much to me -- it's what I really work on the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->