The Plus Size Thread - All are welcome! - #2

^ Love that first outfit--aren't you a great shopper!! :woot:

Thanks so much Fashionsta-ta! I do pride myself on my purchases. Finding things I like is certainly a challenge, but I think its worth it. :smile:

Last night I ordered this plaid dress from Domino Dollhouse. I cannot wait for it to get here. I usually don't go for plaid, but there is something about this dress I really love. It seems to be pretty lightweight and the color makes it good for summer. And I think the black accents give it a bit of a polished look.

I also got this black blouse with an explanation point print. (I'm going to buy the matching skirt as soon as it becomes available.) It reminds me a bit of retro futurism, or a super hero costume.

I think it would be great if people posting would share info on where their outfits are from - that way we hear about new stores and hey, I doubt we all live in the same city so there is really no fear about turning up in the same outfit at brunch!

hey all i'm trying to overhaul my wardrobe into something more "me" and stylish. Does anyone know where i could find this or something close in plus?

lavender-vogue.tumblr

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest outfit
dscn1586800x600.jpg

Top: Comma
Shorts: H&M
Clutch: Monki
Sandals: Topshop

luckyduck, you might want to check topshop (the sizes go up to US 12) topshop also has a wide assortment of rollercoaster hemmed (ie shorter in the front) skirts.

the reason i suggest topshop is because their products are more unusual that those you'll find in most stores.

i think the plus store owned by topshop evans also has US distribution so you might want to check that out as well.

ellegirl, the top is beautiful on you!

New outfit
outfit3i.jpg

Blazer: ASOS
Top: Comma
Skirt: Zara
Shoes: ASOS
Necklace: ASOS
Ring: House of Harlow
Bag: Mulberry Alexa

ellegirl, that's a really nice outfit - you look great :flower:

Latest outfit
outfitwt.jpg

T-shirt: New Look
Short: H&M
Shoes: Chuck Taylor All Stars
Bag: H&M

An outfit from a couple a weeks ago
outfitxn.jpg

Jacket: Topshop
Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Topshop
Bag: Louis Vuitton

Lovely @ellegirl! Where did you find the pleated maxi skirt if I may ask!

EDIT: Nevermind! I see you labeled it! Thanks!

Latest outfit

outfith.jpg

Jacket: Dries Van Noten
Blouse: Dorothy Perkins
Pants: H&M
Loafers: New Look
Scarf: Versace x H&M
Hat: H&M
Bag: Michael Kors

outfitg.jpg

Jacket: Dries Van Noten
Blouse: Nishe
Pants: ASOS
Boots: Topshop
Bag: Mulberry Alexa

I know that nowadays there are a lot more shops with a plus size range that cater to a younger audience and offer trendier pieces, but some of the stuff I've seen from asos curve and faith 21 in particular are somewhat unflattering and lacking a bit in the support department.

I'm doing some research on the subject and would love to know what's out there and what's lacking esp. when online shopping for plus size clothing

I know that nowadays there are a lot more shops with a plus size range that cater to a younger audience and offer trendier pieces, but some of the stuff I've seen from asos curve and faith 21 in particular are somewhat unflattering and lacking a bit in the support department.

I'm doing some research on the subject and would love to know what's out there and what's lacking esp. when online shopping for plus size clothing

from what i've read a lot of women are shopping on modcloth. i have never bought anything on that site.

In Europe (well, in some countries at least) H&M+ is an option. It's not much but they've got basics down all right: jeans, cardigans and the like. Also there's Evans (.co.uk).:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->