The Plus Size Thread - All are welcome! - #2

Hi Ladies! Today's look, decidedly anti-monday and more weekend, but I felt it was necessary!
tumblr_lky91xv5q61qaymys.jpg

You look great :flower: I think some mondays really do need to treated as if they weren't mondays ^_^

Crystalicious I love all your outfits! Bravo! I'm curvy like you as well, but I haven't quite hit my niche in finding cute dresses like you have!! Any helpful hints?!

I think you can see the following from Crystalicious posts:

When wearing bottoms (think jeans:( do fitted and on dark tones (and try to wear something to draw attention to the top .. either with cleavage or color).

When wearing dresses, kneelenght seems to hit the spot .. and as noted before, try to draw the eye up. :P

Ack! Sorry about disappearing! Work has taken over my life for the last little bit :smile:
Yelp, ultramarine is right. I usually do a dark, fitted bottom (or, occasionally a wide leg pant in denim or white - but in more of a nautical cut vs a palazzo, palazzo's look really sloppy on me) and a fun top. Any comfortable but gorgeous heels are a plus as well, but I do wear a lot of flats.
For dresses, mine come from all over. LC Lauren Conrad is a line I buy a lot from, but H&M as well and American Apparel for those convertible ones.
I hope that helps!

LC's clothes don't look like they'll fit me. THey're sizing is a bit weird I think, but I love her line.

Just wanted to mention ... I am not plus size, so I can't wear the clothes, but on my sister's recommendation I checked out Lane Bryant's bra line, Cacique, recently (starts at 38). I like it. I didn't like all of the styles equally, but I bought a couple. One thing I like a lot is that it's a lot more colorful and interesting than a lot of what you find in my size. Often the fun bras stop at 36, and the industrial strength styles start :ninja:

I felt like I was getting a little bit of attitude for not being plus size, but they kind of came around ...

Just wanted to mention ... I am not plus size, so I can't wear the clothes, but on my sister's recommendation I checked out Lane Bryant's bra line, Cacique, recently (starts at 38). I like it. I didn't like all of the styles equally, but I bought a couple. One thing I like a lot is that it's a lot more colorful and interesting than a lot of what you find in my size. Often the fun bras stop at 36, and the industrial strength styles start :ninja:

I felt like I was getting a little bit of attitude for not being plus size, but they kind of came around ...

I think the only constantly good thing at Lane Bryant is their intimates line. I love there bras. The cotton underwear is very comfy and cute. And I have a nightgown from them that is fantastic.

okay, time to bring this thread back from the dead. Domino Dollhouse jus released its 1st exclusive plus size line, Make Ou Circus. its fab, and the price is pretty good. i ordered the red/black and the pink/black leggings.

I'll report back when they get here
http://www.dominodollhouse.com/index.php

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

It kind of reminds me of the style that torrid.com used to have. Kind of punk/rock and roll-ish.

It's been a while since I've posted.

I just have a couple of notes.

The Limited is launching a plus line. I think it's called elloqui (sp?) and is taking some cues from bloggers, namely Gabi of Gabifresh/YFF.

And there was more Marc Jacobs plus talk this week. I'll believe it when I see it. If he does do it, I wonder where it will sell besides his own stores and maybe Saks Fifth Avenue.

IMO, Nordstrom Encore's spotty with higher-priced pieces. Years ago, I remember chatting with a buyer who said that she had a limited open-to-buy and had to use it on cheaper things.

Neiman's plus is online only. They had NM Woman's Studio in-store in the late 1990s and abandoned it.

I love that blouse! I've been looking for blouses with neckties like that. where did you get yours?

Lovely outfits Crystalicious :flower:

H&M has a blouse like that in their BiB collection, I don't know if you have acces to them 24hourteaparty :blush:

hmprod

hm.com

Thanks, 24hourteaparty!!
It's not together -- it's actually a JCrew Haberdashery blouse (size L) and a missoni x target head scarf that I tied as a bow!
And in case you mean the white one -- it's from H&M (current). It's a size14, and it was 9.95. It comes in white, orange and pattern.

Lets bring this thread back from the dead! I have some outfit photos from last month.
25qr8tt.jpg

Belt-Domino Dollhouse
Ring-Target
Bra-Target
Hat-Urban Outfitters
Everything else is thrifted.
23wjvk5.jpg

Top and Hat-thrifted
Vest-Lane Bryant
Leggings- Chubby Cartwheels
Garters-Sock Dreams
j6opde.jpg

This is my favorite dress. Its so simple and stunning.
Dress-thrifted
Belt-Domino Dollhouse
socks-target
garters-Sock Dreams
Shoes-Sears

(Sorry I'm so bad at posing.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member