The Sims 3

Hmm, I thought it was more taxing than 2 considering the graphics are better then in 2. And one small issue I have with 3 is that there's no University (is there?) or Seasons. But yes, the loading time on 2 can be such a b.tch at times.

But thanks for your reply, I'll be buying it soon enough. I've youtubed quite a fair bit of Sims 3 game play and the small details are so much better. Like actually seeing the neighborhood from your location. And it seems like the locations of your neighborhoods are prettier aswell.

Yet I still find the Sims in 3 funny looking. :lol: Doesn't really matter though because the Sims in 2 all looked the same. Atleast in my game. They ain't f,cking up my perfect DNA pool. :rofl:

^I agree, the sims 3 sims just ain't cute. They look weird.

I don't think the Sims 2 sims all look the same though. They all look different give or take a few. At least in my game.
There are cute ones and ugly ones. But they're all ugly in the sims 3 to me.

Well, besides the two first faces in Option thingy 3 at family making, they're all pretty ugly and I'm no good at meshing.
But yes, I agree. They're ugly, they look botox-ed.

^well.. of course neither the sims in ts3 nor ts2 are really attractive.. but i'll give ts3 the advantage of having more of a 3d effect and being much more customizable than in ts2. of course you can change things around in ts3, but not quite as much.

and you can get non-botox affected sims by downloading from thesimsresource lol. they really are pros over there :P

i deleted the sims 3 off my computer... it just becomes a lot of effort (which is great), but I just cant get over the less amount of downloadable content as well as the unattractiveness of them :lol: The gameplay is a lot more interesting, but you just end up getting consumed with a lot of tasks and worrying about a lot of people dying while you play with another family. very stressful :rofl:

^I agree and I only played it for an hour.
I like simple gameplay. I use the game as a stress reliever and to get my mind off real life.

When the game itself is stressing me out, then I know it's not for me.
Sims 2 all the way. :wink:

hey @trevor.. i know what you mean! i'm busy with one fam trying to perfect THEIR gene pool while in the meantime the rest of the town is dying off. but don't worry, if you go to game options you can change aging to off and just age your own family with cheats :smile:

anyhow, after living through the bug problem from the new update as well as a later problem with my laptop's graphic card, i now have the sims 3 up and running for the first time since june! so excited, i'm going to buy the world adventures and ambitions expansion packs to help spice up the gameplay as a littel christmas present for myself :smile:

Hey guys! I know this thread is a little dead but I've found a great user on The Sims Resource for high fashion clothing. Graphics wise it's really good! I've downloaded a couple of looks so far. :P

There's actually some model sims on there as well! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread needed the bump because I'm still obsessed with The Sims. I have been on this morning, to be honest.

I have a few of those designer items too, Elfinkova. I love the Versace items. There's a load more downloads on All About Style which are terrific also.

^ Phew! Good thing I'm not the only one. :lol: I've been playing Late Night too much lately.

I'm in love with the Lanvin S/S 12 dresses. :heart: Oh I will definitely check that site out!

I'm not to keen on photoskinning, so I think All About Style's designer items are true gems, because they don't look as photoskinned as other designers items, like the ones posted above. Real quality work. (Besides, TSR is evil.)

God, I really tried to like The Sims 3. It has a lot of customization options, an open world, infinite building possibilities... I don't play it solely because the graphics look balloon-ish and ugly and the game pacing is sleep-inducing even at maximum speed. The novelty wore off pretty quick for me... I think The Sims 2 is far more fun to play overall. But then again, I haven't got the most recent expansions, so I may be missing out on something really good...

yea regarding sims 3 vs. sims 2, i'd say they're pretty comparable aside from the fact that nrighbourhoods in sims 3 are open, meaning you no longer have to wait what seems like forever if your sim just wants to go to a friends house or to the gym.

also, i definitely agree that sims 3 would be very boring without any expansions. i'd recommend downloading some for free off some torrent sits, or games4theworld. i got seasons, supernatural, ambitions, and late night for free and they all work like a charm :smile:

^God, I know. (I do get all those expansions via torrent) Ambitions is what makes the game fun. There's no redeeming factor without it, honestly. World Adventures did not prove useful for me in any of my playthroughs as of yet, Late Night is interesting but exploring the downtown combined with the sims' short need streak made me crazy (there was one time where I was screaming NO DON'T PEE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHTCLUB :lol:), and even though I hadn't got time to test Showtime's features, it didn't appeal that much for me. I might be installing it some time soon to actually play all those interesting features and install the new expansions.

(By the way, because some adressed me about TSR and why is it evil, and this needs to be addressed publicly, here's a breakdown on it. Take a good hard read at it and spread out the word.)

God, I really tried to like The Sims 3. It has a lot of customization options, an open world, infinite building possibilities... I don't play it solely because the graphics look balloon-ish and ugly and the game pacing is sleep-inducing even at maximum speed. The novelty wore off pretty quick for me... I think The Sims 2 is far more fun to play overall. But then again, I haven't got the most recent expansions, so I may be missing out on something really good...

This!!!! I completely agree with you. I never play sims 3 these days
Posted via Mobile Device

I love the Sims 2. I just started playing again. It's an excellent stress reliever (at least for me). I could never get into sims 3.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah i was the same way but i may have to re-download due to the new expansions and the downloadable clothing :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->