The Sims 3

So I've had Sims 3 for about 4 weeks and I love it. At first I wasn't convinced with being obsessed with Sims 2. But everything is better and even more advanced. The loading time is nothing and you certainly notice it. Can anyone recommend designer clothing sites for Sims 3?

Hey, I have a little quesstion. I want to buy Sims 2 Seasons as it's finally available again, but I have Vista. Does it run on Vista? On System Requirements it only says XP and stuff but not Vista.

I had Vista and all the Sims 2 extension packs worked wonderfully on that. So I wouldn't have any worries about running Seasons.

Thanks! Seasons is the one I've been dying to have for ages. It's so silly, in all those game and toy stores it's the Sims 1 (wtf) and Sims 3 they have but not 2.

^That is weird. Seasons is a MUST have. It adds an element of realism to the game that makes it so much more enjoyable. I love it!

I haven't converted to the Sims 3 and probably won't. lol.
I just don't like the way the sims look. They all look the same and their faces are weird.

I wasn't so reluctant to play Sims 3 either - until I got it. It's so advanced and you can basically do anything. I'm sure as time goes on and EA bring out further extension packs and such, it will become even better. Although I dislike using custom content for Sims 3.

That's what I thought too. Everyone says it's visually better but most people say 2 is more enjoyable to play.

[edit]

Maybe I will buy Sims 3 at some point in the future, but I was so late to playing the Sims 2 that it still feels so new to me. I've only been playing it for about 4 or 5 years now.

I've been playing it for not even a year. It used to be too expensive for me when it came out and I stuck with Sims 1 and later on forgot all about it. But I finally got Seasons and Bon Voyage, will be adding Free Time. I thought about Appartment Life, but that's a separate neighbourhood, I believe, so not doing that.
I wish they had Sims 2 Farm Life, with horses darn it. The new Sims 3 Pets has horses.

Anyone already made reservations for Sims 3 Medieval? That looks quite awesome but not into the whole building up your Kingdom sort of thing.

I've been in love with the sims 3 since it first came out. its more fun to play and you dont have to wait for that stupid loading screen. Plus the sims look alot better and more realistic then the sims 2. I am getting kinda bored with my game though. I think once Generations come out I'll play it alot more.

I played the Sims 3 demo that EA released (it allows you to play the game for an hour) and all the extra features they've added are very cool, but also very overwhelming.

I got so stressed out. lol. There are SO many different options for how sims communicate with each other. And so many options for clothing and just everything.

And then all the the traits and stuff. If I did get the sims 3, I feel like I would have to learn how to play the sims all over again.

Anyone else experiencing lagging issues? I've had the game since February, including the extension packs and it worked fine - no lagging or load time. But since yesterday it has been terrible, I can't seem to find an online solution that works.

this is hilarious, I never thought that would be a thread about Sims in TFS. :lol:

I am so upset. My sims no longer works on my laptop! In other news, super excited for sims 3 pets. I will buy a new laptop to play if I have to :lol:

So I've been thinking about buying Sims 3. (I bought every sims 2 except Bussiness Life this year but whatever. :lol: ) But not completely sure yet. I'll wait until I have more money either way but the horses in S3 Pets have made me extremely excited.

Pro's and Con's of Sims 3. Worth it in your eyes or stick with 2?

So I've been thinking about buying Sims 3. (I bought every sims 2 except Bussiness Life this year but whatever. :lol: ) But not completely sure yet. I'll wait until I have more money either way but the horses in S3 Pets have made me extremely excited.

Pro's and Con's of Sims 3. Worth it in your eyes or stick with 2?
i'd say definitely get sims 3. for one, it's much less taxing on your computer. the only time you'll have to wait is when the game itself is loading, but you can go from lot to lot with no loading at all. the graphics are much better as well, leaving the look of sims 2 quite far behind. i also think what sims 3 has can definitely keep one entertained much longer, largely thanks to the introduction of celebrities including paparazzi, and vampies :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->