The Style Channel

i agree with you guys i don't like all the new shows, but i love staying up on friday nights and watching videofashion! there's nothing i like better than knowing i'm the only person awake in my house while my eyes are burning out watching fashion shows! its the best! hahahah

Fashion File, Fashion Television, Behind the Velvet Ropes, and, best of all, Fashion Trance are the best things on Style Channel. Model TV (where'd it go?), Big Boutique, and The Look for Less are also somehwat entertaining. I agree that they're putting too many crappy decorating/dressing/party reality shows on. I like Lauren, but she can grate on my nerves a lot sometimes. And Elizabeth is cute. Until I recently found out that she was a Survivir cast off, I liked her a lot more.

Sometimes I find Lauren Ezersky a bit annoying but she's OK and BTVR is a very good programme. I find Elizabeth Filarski Hasselback very cute.
The Style Channel rocks!

I am actually glad someone started this post because I'm kinda falling out of love with the Style Channel and I need to talk about it!!]

I really hope someone like a Program director for the network will hear about this thread because they are clearly going through some changes -- which are in the WRONG direction.

First of all, the actual Fashion related shows are airing in the wrong dayparts.

Behind the Velvet Ropes -- used to air during the afternoon...I dunno I think its on in the morning now. Whats the logic in that? Lauren Ezersky used to annoy the heck out of me, but now she doesnt bother me so much because I like the format of that little show. They go into designers ateliers, offices, workspaces, and just chat. You get a good feel for the designers personality. I will say this -- Lauren is a horrible interviewer. Her questions are cursory, she interrupts the interviewee constantly with vapid comments about how the garment or piece will fit her personally. Annoying. SHE needs a producer. The best part of that show is getting to see some out-of-the-way designers, and getting to hear all of the designers talking in an unedited way rather than the soundbites. This show needs a better time-slot.

Fashiontrance -- I love it, but I just cant torture myself into staying up until 2am to watch anymore, and my vcr doesnt want to record our digital cable service for some reason. They NEED to move this earlier in the evening. Its a wonderful format to view the fashion shows.

Video Fashion, Fashion File, and the shows mentioned by the earlier posters are all great -- particularly Big Boutique...a breath of FRESH AIR. So good to see the smaller independent designers featured on this show.

NOW for the Junk Style Network needs to DUMP:

A Second Look -- Pull this show. I'm sorry for the folks featured on this show that they've had to over come hard times but the show is a total downer and not at all what I expect to find when I sit down to watch a style/fashion oriented network. The subject matter they are featuring on this show does not merit a series...the story of the down and out person transformed into a confident member of society can be told in just one segment. The Style channel programming executives dont seem to KNOW THEIR AUDIENCE.

Guess Whose Coming to Decorate, Your Invited, Area -- What's with all the Re-do/Make-over-on-a-deadline-and-penny-counting??? Why do we have so many of this theme? It really seems like the StyleNetwork got some consultants research in telling them that their chief competition is TLC and HGTV, so they went hog wild paying for these dumb make-over shows. I am so OVER IT!! Bring back the old Area, and get rid of the other absurd duds.

Clean House -- the host of this show is thoroughly annoying. Can you say Fake-Ghetto-Fabulous?? Dump her and "make-over" the show with better designers, and a Feng Shui Expert.

The Look for Less -- cheap junk. I could keep my look under $100 too if I bought the ugly cheap stuff theyre showing...I mean how many of us really want our entire out fit to come from BJ's Warehouse? Please tell CHip and Pepper they can leave now...useless...

Modern Girls Guide to Life -- obvious tips shared as new information, and if I see them interview that hosts husband one more time Im just gonna quit watching.

With all of the changes StyleNetwork is making, I'm getting the feeling they are trying to make the network feel less "New York" and more L.A. They like to refer to Lauren Ezerskys show as a "quirky new york show". GUESS WHAT New York is a major Fashion center...embrace that.

The one make-over show I like is "What Not to Wear" -- and its not even on the stylenetwork -- its on TLC!

One more thing -- StyleNetwork re-runs their shows WAY WAY TOO OFTEN...how many times can I watch the same Style Star episode -- its maddening!

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!!

The Style channnel sucks the big one now. I hate it. Now the majority of it is full of shows that should be on a home channel or self-help channel. I like only the shows that pertain directly about runway and Lauren's show also Big Boutique. It use to be good they even had a show about Models ...now its gone all gone

I hate Style Court, too. :yuk:

At least they dumped all those episodes of Fashion Emergency (or at least I think they did :unsure: ).

Big Boutique is by far the freshest and most interesting "Style Network" programming. Fashion File and Videofashion,I've been watching since I was twelve on E!,so I'll never stop. The only problems I have though is this stupid time changing they have done with these programs. Now you must awaken at 5AM CST just to catch these on Saturday mornings when it used to be about 7AM. They took those off and put them on at a zombie hour and they replaced them with these vapid makeover/home decorating we can already watch elsewhere. Otherwise,Style Channel is like any other boring station. Its like the Discovery channel....and even there I would rather watch a zebra being mauled by a lion than to endure yet another lame surprise party,or some junk-filled home being magically transformed. :yuk:

I'm currently in South Beach amidst thongs, Wet Willie's and overpriced drinks. But here's the upside: FTV is on the cable system (Charter) so I can finally compare the time lag of the web stream to the television broadcast and let me say it's quite substantial. I know this is so important in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, greetings from Miami! B)

I used to watch Fashion Television for a bit and really enjoyed it. I think it was on Thursday evenings though, the day that I now volunteer at the library. The last time I watched it was actually this Saturday evening. I remember they had a show on the clothing of the designers themselves, it was pretty entertaining. One thing that I really love about seeing fashion shows on television is just the air of excitement around them. Seeing the models and clothing actually in motion is such a different experience! :woot:

Originally posted by Acid@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 3:27 pm
i normally catch it during NY fashion week to see the shows,
but whats with the italien mafia wife-like presenter woman with a the big black mop and a teeny grey streek :unsure:

she speaks like janice from friends kinda and knows very little about fashion......as you can tell from her choice of clothing :rolleyes:

she makes the programme look like something from 10 years ago
Oh god, that woman is the most annoying person EVER.

I remember she was interviewing Oscar De La Renta and She asked him why he was always in suits and that he needed to be more laid back, then laughed her annoying high frequency laugh that makes me want to rip my ears out. :shock:

I like Brini Maxwell..and Style Court. After midnight, of course.

I don't like the Style Channel anymore, the shows that actually contain fashion are only played about once a day...Now, it has been turned into a corny showcase of self-improvement shows...I wish it would go back to the way it was!

style channel used to be way better...now its all stupid shows like;
Brini Mawell(is that a man or women) :huh:
Nigella Bites(if i wanted a food show id watch the food network)
Style Court(constantly on and it annoys me)
Whos wedding is it anyway(just boring and stupid) :yuk:

however i do like; :blush:
New York Nick(doesnt give u any usefull tips, but super funny cause of his siter and fat aunt) :woot:
How do I look?(semi boring but i like to see the outfits they pick)
Behind the Velvet Rope(loved it, but its never on anymore :cry: )
all the fashion show shows
Striped(gives me ideas on new products to buy)
The Look for Less(was way better with out chip and pepper) :(

:wink:

I think they should stop with all the home decorating/makeover shows and play fashion shows. That channel makes me sick. Style court is the worst. I have never been able to watch more then five minutes. I liked the show Style Star for the first episodes then it got stupid when they started praising Demi Moores dull fashion... I watch Fashion File when I wake up in the morning (I'm a morning person). Sometimes its good and sometimes its not... Don't get me started on Clean House with possibly the most annoying host ever or Brinni Maxwell. Brinni is a man, right? A modern girl's guide to life???... oh it's all so awful.

Late at night i put it on to put me to sleep...

Does that count?

they always have the most boring things on late at nite.

I like some shows on it.
I saw a really cool episode of Stripped one time where they showed you all these custom beauty solutions/services you could spend monet on, like a woman who found your ideal scent.

I hate Style Court---that guy annoys me. He sounds like he had a little bit of an accent and then he got an idea that his accent could be what made him different from other hosts so he played it up and now it's really weird and obnoxious.

Originally posted by Atelier@Jan 21st, 2004 - 9:51 pm
Fashiontrance ... Needs more designers and collections from yesteryear should be aired too. And I mean let's go way back.
:woot:

Definitely!

I'd love to see 50s-80s archived footage especially.

Does the Style Network even show Glow anymore?!?

I haven't seen it in MONTHS. I can't even remember when the last time was.

..Maybe it got cancelled :unsure: ?

:cry:

Stripped was another pretty good beauty show on Style, but they changed the format of it recently and it sucks now :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"