The Ugliest Shoes You've Seen Apr 2003 - Jul 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!! Guys look what I've found!!! :rofl::rofl: Barfalicious!! :yuk::lol::lol:

Shoes.jpg

source : blogs.redding.com

I just find this too cute to pass up! I'd say I have to agree with the kitteh!

huhiznotas128574186716859036.jpg

source : ICHC

^^^omg!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocking!!!!!!!!:shock::blink::huh::sick::yuk:

The cat is so cute!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the advertisements for those in my head right now: 'Now you can go Scuba diving and look "chic" at the same time!':yuk::sick:

^well, you don´t have to walk in them, just scuba dive. It´s so terrible I can´t get over it!!!!!!

I think these flipper heels are the type of shoes that if you were to see someone walking down the street in them, you would feel required to point and laugh at how ridiculous they are.

from thefashionpolice.net

Ever since we wrote about High Tide Heels last month we've been inundated with emails from people wanting to know where they can buy the things. But for a long time it was a complete mystery. No one seemed to know where High Tide Heels came from, or, indeed, whether they even existed. At last, though, I'm pleased to say that the mystery is solved. Writing on Manolo's Shoe Blog, designer Lisa Carney says:
"I am the designer of these high heeled flippers! I made them for my catwalk show for Mercedes Australian Fashion week 2002 at Bondi Iceberbs. This model opened the show and played the part of Ursula Andres walking (with not alot of grace) from sea. What a laugh!"
So, there you go. And if you want to know more, Lisa's own website would probably be the best place to look.
[via Shoewawa]

^Thanx iLoveCouture for that info, :flower: I was wondering who designed it myself. I just can't get over the fact that they really sell them :shock::blink:

This is not ugly per se but I just found a bit disturbing and bizarre ,:blink: it reminds me of the nintendo shoe with pokemon that was posted before in this thread :lol::lol: It's called aphrodite shoes :lol:

aphrodite_shoes.jpg

GPS Alarm Shoes for Sex Workers

By Charlie Sorrel August 24, 2007 | 7:08:11 AM

Where would a good prostitute be without her (or his) signature platform shoes? In trouble, that's where. The Aphrodite projects has taken steps to protect street-walkers with Platforms. The shoes have a built in audible alarm to scare off attackers, and when the alarm is triggered, the prostitute's position is transmitted to either the police (in places where prostitution is legal) or to sex worker's rights groups.

The GPS unit uses APRS (Automatic Packet Reporting System) a system which uses amateur radio frequencies to send data, which, ironically, was first developed at the United States Naval Academy (all the nice girls love a sailor).

The shoes are a concept right now, albeit a working one, and can be tried out at the Gallery Aferro in Newark, New Jersey in September (15th, 22nd, and 29th). Mens and women's sizes will be available, and orders will be taken for custom builds.

source : blog.wired.com

^well the simple answer is that those items you mention while most definitely more practical and discreet are not as fabulous as a pair of horrendously ugly platforms with computers in the soles. These platforms are definitely what should be called hooker-"chic".

Last edited by a moderator:
this page is full of lols! :rofl::rofl:

the flippers: as i was scrolling down, i was all "well these aren't that bad..." then BAM! i saw the flipper part :shock:

I've only looked at one page and I'm already laughing at the alarm clock and those hide tide heels. Fug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CostumeParty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->