The What to Wear Where? Thread

off to the beach we go

Hi guys-NEed your help on what to wear over my bikini to transform the look from beachwear into daytime chic. After going to the beach, I'm meeting with friends for lunch and shopping along the pier. Also, would flip flops be too casual or should I go with a nice open toed sandal or maybe even ballet flats? Need pictures for inspiration. :heart:

Ello! So Guys, need some help, I'm looking for menswear...in particular menswear for school...something that scream "fashionable" and "trendy" And can still look a little on the crazy side...

I'm not a t-shirt and jeans type of guy! (lol i'm a layering freak....i usualy put together (as of lately) a horizontal black and white shirt, paired with a pair of white linen pants, a black and white scarf and black dress shoes......

Any ideas will help! i'm just running out (and sick and tired of debating wether or not to just put all my prada away and just go with the regular old hollister abercrombie and american eagle...which hopefully i won't do, since i can't do that to myself....stick to the individual!!)

----------Sorry for that long expose. If you'd like to see what i look like so that it'll help further your choices of my outfits, please check out my myspace....Myspace.com/poorkitty

And if your still debating budsy....go with the blue....unless the grey dress is not as sheer as it looks on the runway...i' sure your legs are amazing, but for conservative looks...Sorry hunny :P (it's sexy thought! buy um both. heh =D)

ALaFramboise said:
....unless the grey dress is not as sheer as it looks on the runway... (it's sexy thought! buy um both. heh =D)

usually stuff is not as revealing in real life as it is on the runway- they put in linings and things. I know I see a lot of nipples on the runway :lol: but that's just for "high fashion" effect

I'm sure i'm sure. I go to fashion week miami every year, and thank god i'm gay, or i'd be in boobbie heaven ^__^

Fashion Show...

I have gotten the opportunity to work as an intern for a fashion show in Memphis, this upcoming Saturday. I am super excited but I am at a loss as to what to wear. I will more than likely be placed on the red carpet or with vips (they haven't told me who is on the vip list yet, probably local celebrities) I have a passion for styling, but I suck at doing it for myself. It is like I can see a look on everyone else but myself, lol... ok so I am thinking I really want to wear one particular pair of shoes, sorry the pic is bad it is, they make me feel !!CONFIDENT!!, sexy and fun and flirty... They are also a very comfortable pair of heels

shoeforshow3.jpg

TIA!!!

I have thought about a great black dress, but I tend to shy away from black...

Last edited by a moderator:
well those are pretty much a basic, classic type evening shoe that would go with cocktail dresses or evening gowns.

Please help me with your advice!:blush:
I am going to a concert on the 12 to see Mickey Avalon and others and I love the music (hiphop/rap/punk) so I'm very excited and I want to look good and have fun. Most of the time I when I am going out somewhere (club, dinner, etc.) I jsut step it up accordingly and find something prettier, nicer, sexier, dressier, more expensive, whatever. BUt my problem this time is it's kind of a concert where being dressy will not be appropriate at all. I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard to look scene/hip/punk etc. So I need help coming up with an outfit that looks good and stylish, but still like I don't give a f*ck. ANd not too "on purpose". THis is so hard for me because I could definately come up with a scenester/hipster outfit on my own, but I also don't want to look like I'm trying to be someone else. I have to go b/c we are having a storm but if you have any ideas I'll check back asap. THank you thank you thank you!!!:flower:

pinksatin said:
I have to go b/c we are having a storm but if you have any ideas I'll check back asap.
yea, my dad makes us shut down the computers when there is lightning. sorry...
Anyway, my price range allows mall-stores, not designer boutiques but I think that would be pretty inappropriate anyway unless it was betsey johnson or something. I appreciate any suggestions. Think casual, hip, funky, but I don't wanna look like I spent so muych time thinking about it, but my everyday look is too simple and conservative (think A&F, jcrew, BR).

I have:
-lots of torn jeans
-dark skinny jeans
-junkfood t-shirts
-wifebeaters in any color
-lots of belts from woven leather to multiple chains (i know i know:rolleyes:, but they're fun)
-denim skirts
-white torn jeans
-shoes range from havianas to metallic heels to wedge espadrilles

I just need some input to put me in the right direction. I can copy any look of course but I don't want it to look too contrived. It defeats the purpose of rock concert cool.B) Thanks again in advance!:heart::blush:

Hi there, can somebody help me? I have an interview @ Saks Fifth Avenue for a position of Special Event / PR Assistant. I would like to have a fine impression on my first interview there. What would YOU wear if you are going to the interview?? Thanks in advance for your inputs!!!

glamourbebe- I'd wear businessy clothes in all black- but with a fashion forward element- like black slacks or a straight skirt with an unusual sort of blouse - nothing revealing

and high (designer if possible) heels

Hi stilettogirl, thank u for ur suggestions, i think that's the look I will go for. :smile:

I thought of my look myself since I didn't get sugestions:cry: (just kidding, it's ok:P). It's for Saturday night so if anyone has any input like yays or nays, I'm still listening!

Feet= knock-off Louboutin bruges. Black patent ones from Charlotte Russe ($23!!!!!:D)
Bottom= Dark straight stretch jeans. They are the "Erin" from A&F. Oh well, I'm working with what's in my closet...
Top= Loose dark purple tee that is cut and re-tied in the back and very drapey and shows the back. Screen-printed w/ someone, I think it's jesus's mom mary?
wrists= one black plastic bangle and the other wrist has a hamsa pendant on a black leather cord wrapped around.
Neck= a belt I got in HS @ express that is made of silver chains doubled around. It actually looks quite fun and necklace-like and I've been dying to try that. Actually that is the only thing I knew for sure I wanted to wear.
NO earrings. Dark smoky eye make-up.

I know it's silly but I feel like I need approval or something b/c I don't have any girlfriends to get dressed/shop with or my mother around for input (she's away on business). Sorry to bug you all! I just want to look good and have fun and be comfortable since I'm going by myself. I just moved here and don't know anyone to go with.:( THat's all!:flower:

p.s. the venue is a bar in a "trendier" neighborhood.

sounds nice pinksatin- The top's not too revealing right- the very exposed look is out right now

I'd go with bracelets on one arm or the other - not both

and if I do a bracelet, usually I forgo a necklace

or keep the necklace and loose the bracelets.

Thank you for your input stilletogirl :kiss:. Sometimes a girl just needs some feedback. I don't think the back is too revealing. THe neck is high enough (think a shirt cut like ballerinas wear for rehearsal clothes) although it is loose and drapey. The upper back is bare and the lower back can be seen depending how you stand but I don't think it's too revealing. IT's like a shirt that was cut straight down the back and then tied in the middle back and at the bottom, but very loose so it falls over the opening. Not too big though. It hugs my hips enough to scrunch a little. I think I'll do at least one bracelet since I'm nixing earrings. Sorry for sounding like an attention wh*re.:blush: I just needed support.:flower:

the top sounds very nice- revealing your back is OK- what I really meant is that boob tops are very passe

have fun

I'm going to see a cool indie band and I want to channel Cory Kennedy with my outift... any ideas?

I don't really know who she is, but I'd look at what she wears and take out some pieces you like or have and stay away from what's not really "you". Or least what you don't geniunely like. It's ok to go outside your comfort zone for a concert though.:flower:
Is this her? She looks very young. Who is she?
cory35.jpg

cory4.jpg

cory6.jpg

cory9.jpg

(fashionologie.com)

Also this is the outfit I picked for Mickey Avalon, but I'm not wearing the black bangle :wink:. The quality is 100% terrible b/c I used a normal camera and couldn't see what I was doing b/c I left my digital one in someone's car on my birthday. AND my mirror is dirty.:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/rainbowsprinkles/random%20files/017_16A.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/rainbowsprinkles/random%20files/019_18A.jpg
the back of the shirt (and my tattoo shows if I'm bending or twisting:wink:)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/rainbowsprinkles/random%20files/016_15A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i need your help! am attending the vma's

hey...i just found out last night that i'm going to be going to the mtv video music awards next thursday, and i have NO idea what to wear, and next to no money to work with. and when i stress no cash, i really mean it. i'm not allowed to wear white, prints or logos and it's gotta be pretty flashy.i'm pretty stressed. any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insearchofpastissues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->