The What to Wear Where? Thread

pooper15 said:
Hey,
I have my brothers college graduation in Chicago coming up...what do I wear?

Topshop interview, I would go with something more stylish than stuffy or conservative. A wrap dress with great shoes or a suit with a cool top underneath. Hope I helped!

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the help :smile::flower:

What to wear to a Spring wedding as a Guest

hi guys! i live in australia, and have a wedding to attend in September 2006 (which is our spring) - does anyone have any advice as to what colour/style of outfit i should wear, together with shoes/bag/accessories/hair style? thank you all so much in advance! :flower:

Which to wear?? (These are my only options)
Morning July wedding, "semi-formal daytime"
short.JPG
OR
long.JPG

- Red has a cowl neck and hits above the knee
- Brown skirt hits below knee. Flower top has boat neck, split sleeves and lower side gather, fits well. Browns DO match.

Last edited by a moderator:
what shall i wear to interview?

hi everyone :smile:

ok so i need some advice...
i have an interview for Russell and Bromley next week and i dont have a clue what to wear!
i want to look smart but also stylish and dont want to turn up in a cliche interview outfit ala black trouser suit!

does anyone have any suggestions? i really want to look my best so i can get this job under my belt .. im counting on you to help me hehe

love fal oxxo

I have to attend a graduation party tuesday night, it's going to be a huge party and some-way informal but it still a graduation party so you have to be casual-chic. Any ideas???

Where do you live?

I had a summer casual chic garden party to go to a year ago and I wore an above the knee whilte silk kaftan with gold embroidery and gold heels. I pinched the kaftan in with a gold rope belt. The end look was very greican. Everyone asked me where the kaftan was from! I would go with something like that.

Make sure you wear lining under the kaftan so it is not transparent.

But this may be a little too summery for you-the London weather is like that at the moment though.

Thank you!
I live in Italy and this party is in the country, in a huge chic farmhouse. And I shouldn't wear heels 'cause I'm already the tallest girl there, taller even then a lot of boys. :rofl: I was thinking about finding some cute dress but I have no idea of the style.

for a party

I am not sure if this the right section to put my request :blush: but I hope you will help me :D

I am doing a party for only girls and the theme of the party will be about gipsies , I want to make gipsy looks so can you suggest , hair style and makeup etc ...

charmey said:
I want to make gipsy looks so can you suggest , hair style and makeup etc ...

I love something like this-
gypsy.jpg

pics from firstview (YSL Resort)
hair wrapped back in a scarf, with big dramatic earrings- chic Gypsy :wink:

and dark smokey eyes

thanx for the advice
in fact normaly I wrapping my hair in a scarf but I want to do some thing out of normal so I am thinking of curling my hair but I am not sure until now .

Hi guys, I need an Advice!!
I have to attend a wedding party soon and for that ocasion I bought a babydoll dress up to the knees in white with two bands in gold just under the chest. The question is what shoes should I wear?? Im tired of the gold shoes and I think its very predictable to put them in that colour, so my question is what other colours should I look for??? What goes well with white and gold?? If anyone has an adea please help 'cause I cant seem to find a solution:cry: . Pictures will be much appreciated:flower: :flower:

I have to say sadly that white and gold are your only options-because if you did a silver shoe it would look very tacky and mismatched, whereas the gold will look chic and put together.

an interview for Polo Ralph Lauren, for retail? The interview is being held in the middle of a mall....Help!

for the interview, maybe you could wear something casual and simple yet elegant because its at the mall. maybe like a pretty cami underneath a belted cardigan and a dark pair of jeans and heels, and if its hot maybe a slouchy pair of shorts, wedges, a nice top and a silk scarf? if thats too casual, maybe a suit jacket with dark jeans? good luck with the interview!:wink:

what are your opinions of any of these dresses to wear to a dinner party at a hotel? the dress code is black tie btw. i was thinking either like elegant and conservative or something more flowy and eyecatching. does anyone have any other suggestions?
00420m.jpg
00300m.jpg

style.com

New york tourist in the end of summer

I´ll be visiting New York this late september, and I was wandering what to bring. I know it´ll be still quite hot.

Quite often I´ve been intimidated in NYC because lots of girls are so stylish, and I love to visit all the cool boutiques and department stores...but when you walk many miles a day sigthseeing and visiting places, it´s so hard to stay stylish!!:blink: :blink:

I love flip flops style shoes, and they are great when it´s hot, but you cannot walk in them all day. Sneakers are comfy and they give great foot support but they don´t look too good, it´s difficult not to look like bad in sneakers.

Pleeeease I need help! I don´t want to look bad but I need options that can work all day even if I walk all day like a maniac.

What kind of bag (shoulder) should I bring?
Shoes options? THe shoe issue is driving me crazy, because I fear looking bad but I also fear blisters....I have a history of foot blisters in NYC...I love to walk too much.

What´s your advice for my wardrobe?

i have been LIVING in my blk patent birks --the 'gizeh' thong style...
you just can't beat them...
for me anyway...

they look cute with EVERYTHING and they are SOOO super COMFY...

*not sure about september though...
maybe ballet flats?...
though they are hard to walk in all day imo...

i think you have to sort of wait until you get closer and see how the weather is going to be...
it's so unpredictable here lately....
plus it's been raining a LOT...
:shock:...

maybe you should think about galoshes...:P
:lol:...

i think a bikini and galoshes would be the perfect late summer in manhattan look...
:innocent:

Thanks Softie!

Yeah I was planning to bring my old birks as a back up shoe...in case of disaster, I´ll switch to birks before the blisters appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insearchofpastissues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->