The What to Wear Where? Thread

I'm going to a concert tommorow. What should I wear? I was thinking Sigur Ros band shirt, with some well fitted jeans and suspendors. Or is that to scene?
The band is this indie band from Austin so please help.

ok, art-to-wear:
a flowery-ish DVF dress?
or a top with pretty big ruffles down the front with shorts?

Is it a total sin to wear a old season DVF dress to a DVF fashion show? haha :smile:
Its just that i've never worn it and im trying to find an occasion to :P

Last edited by a moderator:
What Should I Wear To France This Summer

I Am A Female And I Am Going To France This July With My Boyfriend Hes French To Visit His Family And Go To Dinner And Such. I Dont Know Anything About France Or The Style Situation. Does Anyone Have Any Recomendations? I Bought A Marc Jacobs Silk Dress To Wear To Dinner... What Do You Think? Thanks So Much

Why do you need to dress in the 'French' style? :unsure: just wear what you like..:flower:
But you should check out the French street style thread on here..if you want to get an idea of how people dress there! :smile:

Lacoste shirt, skinny jeans, ballet flats, Chanel bag, alice band... think preppy like Mischa Barton on the O.C...

Wear the same clothes that you were at home with a twist. Try to pick up some of the stuff that's "in" at the time and mix it in with your wardrobe (I did that and didn't stick out too bad).

Also, bring an umbrella, jacket, shorts, short shirts, long shirts, jeans, capris, flip-flops, and tennis shoes. Depending on which region you're in, you will go through that whole list in one week.

Denim cutoffs, wifebeaters, fanny packs, backpacks, and a big camera holder. You're ready to go!

Who cares? You'll likely buy a whole new wordrobe in France anyways! Have fun. When I went to Paris it changed my life!

Law school admissions interview - what to wear?

Sorry for another thread that just screams "HELP!!!" but I'm looking for opinions as to what I should wear to a law school admissions interview.

Obviously I know I should be thinking along the lines of 'conservative', but I don't want to appear too stuffy/formal/corporate as it's a college admissions interview after all (law school here begins at undergrad level, right after high school). I guess I just don't want to end up looking too ostentatious for my own good. :unsure:

Suggestions, anyone? Thanks muchly in advance!

mundodabolsa said:
^northern france can be chilly sometimes in the summer, especially at night

Northern France can be very chilly, where in Northern France are you going, to the west part (near Bretagne) or east (near Belgium)? Near Bretagne, they dress kind of nautical as they are very into sailing. The northeastern part of france, well (and I have loads of family there), are not too stylish, probably because it is cold and rainy alot.

I would advise against wearing shorts, unless they are longer/knee length and would suggest more skirts, dresses, pants (linen, jeans, etc.). Just my opinion, but if you are trying to blend in a little, shorts are a dead give away that you are tourist and they aren't very common, at least in Paris. If you are worried about being hot, try getting some nice linen pants, they breath well and are comfortable. Also, bring a scarf, banana republic has some great affordable spring cotton/silk scarves right now. They are great for evenings to tie around your neck to keep you from being cold.

I think you should err on the side of stuffy. it's better to look too stuffy (read professional, serious) than casual/trendy.

I'd wear a pair of slacks- not to dressed up, not too casual-

and some closed toed shoes- They just are more professional than sandals

Decent shirt or thin sweater
Jacket or cardigan
Black pants or skirt

TOPSHOP interview

Hey,
I have a topshop interview next week and have NO IDEA what to wear??! Please could someone give me some advice ASAP thanks :smile:

College graduation

Hey,
I have my brothers college graduation in Chicago coming up...what do I wear?

Topshop interview, I would go with something more stylish than stuffy or conservative. A wrap dress with great shoes or a suit with a cool top underneath. Hope I helped!

What to wear to a MADONNA concert?!

Hey everyone! I'm going to Madonna's concert tomorrow in L.A. and I want to have a little fun with my look. (It is Madonna after all) I was wondering if you have any idea as to what kind of outfit I should wear?! Thanks!!! ~ Jen

What shall I wear on my wedding ceremony?

Please ,brothers/sisters,give me some advice about men's wear on wedding.I'm always considered a metrosexual by my friends and relatives,I will tie the knot next month,and I do want to dress elegantly and individually.But I search so many websites,the advice on wedding dress is most for women,rarely for men,as if men needn't dress any more on wedding.First and foremost,I don't want to wear black suit,white shirt or tuexdo,which are old stuffs for so many years.So please give me some innovate decision on what and how shall I dress on wedding that fit my reputation as a metrosexual.Women have Vera Wang,and what about us men?Thanks firstly.Please email me some useful advice,resource or web links to [email protected]
Sincerely:rolleyes:

What can I wear to work at a courthouse in 90+ degree heat?

I melt walking from the parking lot to the court and then I freeze when I get inside the courthouse. It's so frustrating to me. I don't know how to dress for both temperatures anymore.

niklav said:
I melt walking from the parking lot to the court and then I freeze when I get inside the courthouse. It's so frustrating to me. I don't know how to dress for both temperatures anymore.

I'd wear some kind of very light- sleeveless dress, and bring a lightweight cardigan, to put on once you get inside the artic air conditioning

or if not a dress, a sleveless lightweight top and a cardigan

^ Agreed :flower:

All about layers... layer 'em on inside... peel 'em off outside :P

I also keep a blanket in my desk drawer :innocent: Helps inside on skirt/dress days

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->