The What to Wear Where? Thread

Originally posted by Julie Michele@Mar 19th, 2004 - 4:52 pm
However, I did think of this....Would it be cheesy for an American to wear this shirt in London? Seriously. Not to get into anything political, but I'm curious.
I personally wouldn't wear it. I think it's a bit too touristy. I'd stick to things without national flags on them. :wink:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 12th, 2004 - 9:45 am
A closer view...
Yes, wear ben sherman if you want people to think you are a pikey with about as much style as david dickinsen.

I am going to a baseball game and i live in Texas so its very hot but i want to look good for all the hotties! haha Any tips? :wink:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Mar 13th, 2004 - 12:29 am
Ben Sherman is such a raavy brand though :ninja: I prefer Vivienne Westwood for old school t-shirts...
I second the motion

Originally posted by martinmargiela2002+Mar 20th, 2004 - 5:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(martinmargiela2002 @ Mar 20th, 2004 - 5:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Mar 12th, 2004 - 9:45 am
A closer view...
Yes, wear ben sherman if you want people to think you are a pikey with about as much style as david dickinsen. [/b][/quote]
I'll keep that in mind...

To London, wear some thing, warm, and either very dark, or very bright. Some thing short, or something long. Depends where your going really, occasion and all...

I'm sure going naked would catch all of the "hotties" attention.

Originally posted by luna@Mar 20th, 2004 - 7:21 pm
I'm sure going naked would catch all of the "hotties" attention.
i wholeheartedly agree

Ok i am not a little sl*t guys.... i mean lets be realistical here please. I was just making a joke....man their are bitchy people here. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nixon058@Mar 20th, 2004 - 7:34 pm
Ok i am not a little sl*t guys.... i mean lets be realistical here please. I was just making a joke....man their are bitchy people here. :rolleyes:
They were just making jokes, too.

Touchy, touchy. :wacko:

Rawrrr, Nixon. Retract those claws.

I was making a joke... Life is full of them, you should take a few here and there. :smile:

Hi, I'm new here...first time poster!

Anyways, my 10 year high school reunion is coming up at the end of August and I don't know what to wear!! I'd love to go beyond the little black dress and show up in some color. Any suggestions? I'm about 5 feet tall with brown hair and green eyes, nice figure. Thank you! :P

I'm thinking about 150-200 tops. I thought of red, but there wasn't a whole lot out there right now that I could find. If you could find a few items, I would be very grateful!!
(I was very shy in high school, but I'm not now, so don't worry about the outfit being too showy...hehe)

Think about colors that compliment your skin tones. As Spacemiu said, red looks great on lots of people, of course, although you may want to try something a bit different. If you have green eyes, maybe green would be pretty. Pale pink can be nice with brown hair. I don't know. What looks best on you?

Of course if you have a nice figure you want to show it off, but there are so many ways to do that. Are you looking for a simple cut? Something flashy and very eye-catching? Something flowy? A sheath dress? Something small and sexy (but not trashy)? Professional but eye-catching? Fun? Sophisticated? Just share a bit about the type of look you want.

Also, price range is certainly important. However, you can often get ideas from things that are out of your range and then go looking for something similar that you can afford.

Not very helpful, right? Sorry. Perhaps others will be of more use. These are things to think about, though.

Thank you, I though of all that...I'm just horrible at trying to picture something on me. I LOVE the color green, as far as colors, I think thats the best color on me. I have a bit too much natural red highlights in my hair to wear pink well.
LOL I read my last post again and I definitly didn't mean I wanted to go the trashy route, I'll pick something to complement EITHER my legs or hint of cleavage. I love the look of the DVF dresses, but they are sooo expensive.
To give an idea of how I usually dress, I'm a very laidback person who usually wears sevens or ag jeans with a white shirt. I'm trying to wear more skirts this summer, but overall I don't fuss a lot over myself. But I don't look "undone..."
Hard to explain, I guess.
Lets try for something short, green, and summery for an end of August reunion in San Francisco.
Thanks for the post, Eloes, it really helped!

Well, there are a LOT of things on Talbot's website that would suit your price range and the occasion. You might want to check out the "Wedding Indecision" thread--some of the stuff I had linked to in there might be like what you are wanting. The 18-year-old wedding guest felt they were too old for her, but they would certainly not be wrong for a 27-28-year-old.

Most of the major department stores, like Macey's and Nordstrom's will probably have a similar selection in that price range.

I might go to my 10 year reunion next year, but I had a reputation in highschool for outrageous fashion and that part of me hasn't changed, so I will probably just drag something mad out of my closet and call it good.

discocoatchinesetopplaid.JPG

Something like this with stripey black tights and my big Docs

leatherandplaid.JPG

or this, with spiderweb fishnets and my big Docs

or

pleatherfront.jpg

This skirt and some summery top.

These are the sorts of things I might wear, but I never claimed to have good sense or good taste. It all depends on your personal style and what you feel comfortable and confident in, and what kind of image of yourself you want to project.

If I went (and this is a BIG if, as there are still people from my school I wouldn't spit on to put them out if they were on fire) I would want my clothing to help me say, "I was weird back then, and I'm even weirder now and having a damn good time, so suck on that ya' chumps!"

Those are awesome outfits, but I was looking for something a little more conservative...maybe a nice combo of both. It's funny you suggested the wedding thread because I was just looking at it and I loved the green dress, but felt it was a little too dressy in that fabric:
S4W9238_mp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->