The What to Wear Where? Thread

Good attitude, As You Like It! :flower: I think it's important to look like yourself, not to conform to fit a standard just for your old peers. I love those outfits, too.

Turbo: What about a green dress with a knee-length (the most flattering length, I think), flowy skirt that would be fun to dance in? (There is a dance involved, correct? Or am I just relying on movies too much?) Perhaps a v-veck so that you can show a bit of cleavage if you want, but only a hint. This also leaves room for some fun jewelry and shoes. I don't know why, but this is the sort of image that pops into my mind. I can't find any pictures, though.

As I said before, other posters may be more useful with this particular issue. Good luck!

Eloes, it was funny that you suggested a green vneck dress with a flowy skirt, because I was thinking when I posted the pic that I wished it HAD a v-neck, hehe. There WILL be dancing so I don't want to be tugging at a tight skirt all night.

Ooo, new posts while I typed. I thought of the Talbots site and that Wedding thread in the beginning! :lol: That's why I asked about sheath dresses (to see if that would be your type of thing). I'm glad that you're finding good options!

Edit: I keep typing while people post today! :lol: That kind of cut seems nice for a party, doesn't it? I would make a good dress for other occasions, too. I couldn't find any online, though... :(

Someone linked the Nieman Marcus site on another thread, and some stuff there is quite nice and in your budget range.

A pretty green set.

Adorable yellow wrap dress Rather expensive but totally cute!

Very girly! Looks like an excellent dancing dress. Good swirly skirt.

Marc Jacobs dress inspired by Coco Chanel's seminal tromp l'oeil necktie sweater.

Silk print from Ann Taylor that might do the trick.

Another from Ann Taylor which I think would look awesome on a woman with your coloring. You would be surprised how nice chestnut-haired women often look in orangey tones.

I love the yellow one, although I'm not sure it's what you had in mind. The swirly skirted one is nice, too, although I think I'd prefer it in another color or somethng. I don't know, it's cute...I like the skirt part best, but they overall ensemble is not what I'd choose. Mind you, it is pretty--just not as eye-catching as you seemed to want, Turbo.

OoOooOh... you gotta let us know how the reunion goes. I always think about what my reunion will be like when it comes up.

:huh:

PS... welcome! :flower:

As You Like It, all those dresses are beautiful!!! I love the pretty green set, I might have to go try that on, hehe.
Yeah, the problem with the green dress I posted is that it reminds me too much of a prom dress.
Thanks for the welcome, Luna! I'll definitly report back on the reunion...it should be very interesting and fun. :flower:

I found a couple more dresses I kinda liked:

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

I like the chocolate brown one, Turbo...

and the floral one is cute and flirty..

I love the green Banana Republic one!!!

Originally posted by TurboGrrl@May 10th, 2004 - 4:38 am
(I was very shy in high school, but I'm not now, so don't worry about the outfit being too showy...hehe)
In that case you must go naked and show it all off..

I'm going to my first fashion trade show next week with my mom and I have no idea what to wear.

If anyone here has any experience with these things, please chime in and offer me advice as to what to wear.

Thanks!

Don't dress up too much... but look fashionable... Jeans or nice pants, heels, and a great top, and of course, a great bag.

Something simple and stylish - and then jazz it up with some bright accessories!

comfortable shoes...lots of walking....and a large shoulder bag to put all the press kits and contact info in... you want your hands free to look at the clothes/product...etc..

nothing overtly sexy...professional attire...

great advice everybody, personally i enjoy adding odd accessories, allover 'eccentric' attitude and a 'happy to be here' smile.
comfortable shoes is a total MUST

(off to Paris Pret-a-Porter first week of September myself,
..what will i wear ?? )

Ok, so you end up in a themeparc, what would you wear? You want to look cool but don't want to stand out too much, after all you want to mingle in the fun. So what to wera and stay true to your fashion values?

I'd go for jeans, some cool boots/sneakers, layers, maybe a baseball hat.

last time i went to Kennywood, I wore:

l/s Izod lacoste polo
Denim capris
Moccasins
big sunglasses

Just don't wear skirts if you are trying wild amusements, :innocent:

I speak from experience. I had such problems keeping the skirt down :brows:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member