The X-Factor 2009 ... Do not post stills from the show or Rex Features (copyrighted)

another comercial break now

Stacy - believable and sings better and better each week

Given that Lloyd doesn't have the biggest or the best voice, going for a ballad was a bold move. It didn't quite pay off, but he tried.

Bring on the next round!

Danyl was very poor and his dancing is scary.
Simon is in love with him so he will get a recording contract any way.

I think Lloyd would have done Your Song very nicely. The Moulin Rouge version perhaps... however Danyl's got it. Darn.

another comercial

Lloyd - shakey vocals but sang better than his first performance

Danyl - was sensational

Olly - technically difficult but was a smash

Joe - sang passionately and shocked Simon with his good performance

The only thing wrong with Joe's second performance was the nondescript shirt they had him wearing - I'm not saying that he should have dressed up like Elton John, but surely something better could have been found for him.

Like Simon mentioned, it actually does look like he has got a bit older in recent weeks, maybe he's filled out a bit in his face or something... but I wish they'd stop calling him 'Geordie Joe' because it just reminds me of that Shooting Stars sketch, 'Geordie Jumpers'.

the shows over and the votings lines are now open the last to perform was Stacy

Stacy - looked a little bit nerveous bit did good

Tommorow on the results show things are going to be different, because its the final 5 instead of the 2 people with the least amount of votes to go into the bottom 2 and be voted off by the judges it will automatically go to the public vote.

Joe was an absolute winner in my eyes tonight. :wub:

Why is Dannii the only one willing to comment on Danyl's pitchy voice in his first song? I thought it was very apparent and was quite shocked to hear the judges not comment on it. I get that his voice is great and blah blah blah but looking at how much they pick on other contestants on the vocals, the lack of criticism in Danyl's vocals was quite astounding.

I wonder if that means Olly will go.

^I didn't think Danyl was that great tonight, by his own standards.

I can't see in Simon's comments a underlying message and criticism , if he doesn't like an act he just says it (his way), he did it to the Mc Donald Brothers (back in 2006, he was horrible , makes Louis look an angel) where there was constructive criticism at all. Anyway it's a show at the end of the day, they only want to keep their own acts so they'll say anything which in some cases play as a tactic imo

This is my first season watching the X Factor and from what I've seen, Simon has been more critical on his comments. Like today for example, he didn't simply knock Lloyd and Stacey, he said what was wrong and was looking at their performances through a critical eye.

I am really starting to think that Joe is going to win you know? The more I think about it the more I just think, with his comments etc, that he's going to win. And become the "English Michael Buble" like Louis said he was.

John Barrowman probably already has dates circled on his calendar for when Joe's joining him on stage in some award-winning musical.

I think Joe may win but I can't see many people buying his CD... musical theatre would be perfect place for him...

I didn't like Olly... Danyl definitely can't hold low notes... Loyd... for God sake... Stacey she needs to do something a little bit different now... though at the moment my favorite...

I can't see Joe making it big either. There is no way I can see his music video playing on MTV or anywhere else.
He just hasn't got the appeal at all, it dosen't work for me. Don't get me wrong, he has an incredible voice, I just think he appeals to more of an older audience.

I can see people buying a CD by Joe. I can't see the same people buying it who buy Leona and Alexandra, but I can definately see the market for him.

Probably some what older than the usual X Factor market, but still, I'd imagine that could make him very successful. Just look at Susan Boyle's album sales.

The only thing wrong with Joe's second performance was the nondescript shirt they had him wearing - I'm not saying that he should have dressed up like Elton John, but surely something better could have been found for him.

I thought that too. He just looked far too plain.

I reckon Lloyd will go tonight.

I really don't know which way it's going to go anymore. If it had always gone on public vote, I would imagine the twins would still be in, Rachel would have gone much sooner, Danyl would have already left, and Olly would have gone last week. I think when it goes just down to the public vote you can never know what's coming! If Dannii had taken it to deadlock last week the twins would have still been in I bet.

It's a weird voting world we live in.

When it was down to those two, I honestly thought Olly was going to go, I thought the girlie vote would have saved Lloyd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->