Thread Of Hangover Remedies!

i second the water and toast idea
especially after a night of puking....thats about all you'll be able to stomach anyways

Fried food and water usually does the trick for me.
I rarely get them- only when I drink too much wine.

^ Milk on an already upset stomach would kill me.:lol:

There is one cure I use too that I can't mention here for fear of editing.:innocent:

drink high quality vodka, as high in percentage as possible.

you'll get buzzed easier with drinking less and HQ vodka doesn't tend to cause headaches (i only got a headache once when my friend kept on giving me one Margarita after another and her british BF kept on chugging Tequila into the bowl of Margarita. else i tend to stick to vodka and vodka cocktails.)

sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. If I have a lot of sugary drinks I definately get them but last night I only had white wine and was hungover today even though I had it with a meal and usually it doesn't bother me. I agree with the fried foods suggestion. Honestly, stodgy salty food really does it for me and caffeine in some form. And lots of sleep and water.

For me it's important to eat throughout the night. I need to eat a ton of food before I start drinking, and I need to eat around 4 in the morning. I'm usually home by 7, I'll eat some oatmeal and drink some water. Maybe a couple of Ibuprofen if I was really drunk.

I swear by milk thistle tablets...I haven't had a hangover since taking them.

Do you take them before you drink or when you get in?

Water & sleep , that's all i need :innocent:

High five! I just tough it out. Then again, my liver could process crude oil these days. I'll get a jug of water on the way home and pound as much as I can before sleeping.

Oh, and the band Pantera used to live off of Pedialyte on tour. Just sayin'.

I always eat before I go to sleep, even if I feel like vomiting. I think it must because of all that poisonous alcohol sloshing around in my stomach - the food helps me keep it down, ironically. It also helps to lessen or even prevent hangovers!

I always drink lots of water, take a painkiller before sleeping and have a big breakfast after, preferably with carbs (perhaps a burrito?).

Oh, and the band Pantera used to live off of Pedialyte on tour. Just sayin'.

That is a miracle when you are really feeling ill from drinking.
I have tossed back a few of those over ice while telling myself no more booze ever.:rolleyes:
They are actually kind of good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.... maybe mixing booze with Pedalyte will help avoid a hangover all together.
We may be onto something here.:innocent:

A fat plate of fish n chips like the one i had yesterday dripping in oil and unhealthyness!

failing that a swig of evian and a couple aspirins

Hmm.... maybe mixing booze with Pedalyte will help avoid a hangover all together.
We may be onto something here.:innocent:

Even better, it hydrates you. Some athletes choose Pedialyte over sports drinks.

f_09pedia6001m_c7de532.jpg

nytimes.com

Honestly, I've just been itching to post that picture somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->