Tights Under Shorts

I like it. But you just have to know how to pull it off. IMO it is definitely most suitable for the fall. I like the looks MulletProof posted. That's exactly my idea of wearing tights and shorts. I don't really like jean shorts combined with tights

I'm trying this look for spring/summer with lace tights or fishnets. I really don't know the difference. :blush: I hate my pale legs. If I nick them shaving or bump into something it looks like I got beat up. :doh: I have NO desire to tan or fake tan. I just have to figure out what kind of shoes I can wear with them, since i don't have any black flats.

I like how Frida wore them here.
00010m-1.jpg

wildfox at photobucket.com

I don't like tights and shorts I think you need a flowy short skirt and have to be on the thin side to get a nice look JMO

It can be okay, but I DON'T like the blue jeans shorts with black tights. First because I don't think it's a nice combo, secondly because it's way too overused.

The look has been around for donkey's years, I remember magazine spreads styled this way from 2004, and actual people wearing the look years before that...it's hardly even a 'trend' any more. But it's a great look for autumn/spring, and dark tights do look good against many kinds of shorts.

It's SO much better than leggings under a miniskirt/dress, anyway.

I actually like the look. It is really popular in Cali. Pictures are from Stylist.com. Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie: See below:

Alba:
shorts-tights-jessica-alba-032510.jpg

Nicole Richie
shorts-tights-nicole-richie-240a-032510.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the tights have feet, and as long as they are paired with pumps or booties (and not Converses or certain sandals), this is fine. Otherwise, this look is as worse as shorts with leggings. Nobody ever gets tired or gets over leggings seems like. Only other thing... I'm sorry. I don't like light bottoms or light-colored shoes with dark tights or leggings. Light blue wash denim bottoms (shorts in this case) with black tights and black shoes? Never liked it and not excited about shorts with tights, except the exceptions I've made here.

i am fine with that , if thights are in skin colour or black .

just , i haven't seen no one good look with green thights and blue shorts for example .
at least in life ...

Lily carries jeans shorts very well and I prefer when she wears a simple jean shorts without these tights thing e.g Balmain bstage SS09.
Now the combo jeans/tights anyway as someone said previously in the Carribean I think I've never seen a girl do that with all that sun so hard to tell from pictures on my side but it doesn't tells me nothing special especially with this dark shorts.

I want to keep my shorts in use even when the weather gets cooler so I'm grasping on to this trend. But to be safe, I'd go for a more polished sort of Chloe look with thick tights and longer tailored shorts. For more edge, I guess you can do denim shorts, nicer black tights, and a classy top. Just don't let it look too trashy with cut-off shorts AND ripped tights--I did that when I didn't have anything to wear, but I will try to refrain from it in the fall.

Here is Zooey Deschanel in Nylon in 2008. She's actually wearing fish nets, but this happens to be more polished looking with the high-waisted denim shorts and blouse. It's also a little edgy like she is. I have some cute oxford wedges like those so I might try to recreate this look.

Zooey_Deschanel_008small.jpg

credit: *zooeydeschanel.net
*do not post links for credits, please*

Whenever I wear shorts, this is almost always the way I have to wear them simply because I live in England and the weather is too cold for people to wear shorts without tights! I like the look sometimes, but I see so many 13-year-olds putting together denim-shorts-and-tights combos that it gets boring. I try to find nice, unique shorts.

*please do not quote images*

credit: *zooeydeschanel.net
*do not post links for credits, please*

Ah, I loved that look! That issue of NYLON was great; Zooey Deschanel has such great style.

Okay. That look for Post #34 is pretty nice. I guess I'm thinking too much about the legging-crazy femmes in wearing leggings under short-shorts. People often confuse me when we're talking tights. I mean... are we talking the tights like with socks and stockings, footless tights, or the full-length tights that cover just about all of the lower body and the feet? If I were a femme and trying this , I'd go with the full-length tights with shorts. All I'd need then would be a good pair of shoes to wear to complete the look.

And by the way, from an earlier point- blue shorts (I'm assuming denim blue jean shorts) with green tights = fail waiting to happen. A no-no color combination.

This is very trendy in my country lately, I've seen some very tacky combinations. I like it if the shorts are tailored and def not denim.

Whenever I wear shorts, this is almost always the way I have to wear them simply because I live in England and the weather is too cold for people to wear shorts without tights! I like the look sometimes, but I see so many 13-year-olds putting together denim-shorts-and-tights combos that it gets boring. I try to find nice, unique shorts.

yes, fun short with colors and prints looks great with black tights even tough I still like denim short also BUT not those teeny tiny denim shorts, they need to be little looser, longer and maybe rolled up little bit.

WHAT ABOUT TIGHTS WITH BIKING SHORTS?!?!

70gnkw.jpg

credit: nofashionvictims.indiedays.com

good in theory. mostly bad in execution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->