UK Bazaar March '06 - Cate Blanchett

tigerrouge

don't look down
Reaction score
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]Just read a news story in the online Independent, which says of the cover:

"...[the editor] has persuaded Cate Blanchett to be photographed with an elephant and will use a giant blow-up of the image as the centrepiece of her party next week. The picture, which will be the cover of the first UK issue of Harper's Bazaar for 36 years..."

The issue is out on the 9th Feb.

Cathy from fashist
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Much more info about the new mag & its editor here:
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article343556.ece
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Sorry mods - didn't remember to put the issue date second to the mag title, so you'll have to sort me out there with a bit of moderator magic, so it reads right.

yes I have that copy of the Independent (needed waiting room reading material).

It's a beautiful photo...Cate looks superb. It's basically a take on the classic Avedon photo with (can't remember her name) wearing Dior.

Ooh....can't wait. I adore Cate Blanchett. I wanna get this copy in pristine condition - could be a collector's item!

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]Bought the issue today (and used by £1 off token as found in last month's issue). On first impressions, I don't find the inside to be radically redesigned from when it was H&Q. I've said over at fashist, that my instant reaction was that they've gone for a mix of fonts, like a lot of new mags do, when they're finding their feet in a new identity and that there's a tiny whiff of French Vogue in some places, just in the way they've set out a certain page, here and there. I'll need a day or so to properly sit down and assess the layout.

Anyway, quick details: the cover and the Cate edit inside, shot by Norman Jean Roy, 8 pgs plus a bit of an interview.

CIRCUS DE LA MODE is shot by Matt Jones, it's a burlesque take on the circus theme, with various fashion people accompanying Dita von Teese, such as Antonio Berardi, Christian Louboutin, Stephen Jones, Giles Deacon, Paul Smith, Vivienne Westwood, Roland Mouret, Christopher Bailey, Matthew Wiliamson and hubbie Marilyn Manson. 14 pgs.

FREESTYLE is an studio edit with Flavia @ Ford, shot by Satoshi Saikusa. 10 pgs.

ORIGINAL SKIN is Bianca Balti shot by Michaelangelo Di Battisti. 10 pgs

I've left out any mention of the adverts & articles - such as one about author Siri Husvedt and iconic fashion editor Carmen Snow, I'll try to do a fuller review for tomorrow.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Attachments

• BazaarCate.jpg
    BazaarCate.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 10
Here's the cover - A fabulous issue actually with some brilliant articles.
Highlights:
*Lauren Bacall - A Life in Style
*Elegantly Waisted - The truth about Carmel Snow, US HB editor
*Cirque de la Monde - Dita Von Teese editorial with designers. (May scan this later if I'm not too tired)
*Freestyle - Brit take on international looks

bazaar.jpg

Scanned by myself

Lovely! Thank You Very Much for posting the cover Susie Bubble! :heart:

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Wow!! Can't wait to see this issue. Fabulous cover. Thanks sooo much for posting - I have been dying to see it!

:shock: a trully great cover , a classic even if it's almost a remake :heart:

thanks for posting miss suzie :flower:

Cate Blanchett is stunning. I wouldn't mind if mags put her on the cover every month. :heart:

Here's the Cate photoshoot - it really is stunning and the article shows how earthy she is (thought that anyway!).

cate2small.jpg

cate3small.jpg

cate5small.jpg

cate6small.jpg

Thumbnails and article:

All pics scanned by myself from Harper's Bazaar UK March 2006

In celebration of the relaunch of Harper's Bazaar in the UK, Harrods used pieces from their store to recreate covers of the past (I love stuff like this!! :D). I think it's a great way of doing promotion for Harrods without blatantly advertising 'THIS IS HARRODS!'.

retro.jpg

retro1.jpg
retro2.jpg

retro3.jpg
retro4.jpg

retro5.jpg
retro6.jpg

retro7.jpg
retro8.jpg

All pics scanned by myself from Harper's Bazaar UK March 2006.

Wow. Thanks for posting that susie:flower:

This cover is truly exquisite... Finally an issue of this mag I'll be buying this year. ^_^

Thank you susie_bubble for the scans! I love Cate she looks stunning!

Loveeeeeeeee Cate and she looks fantastic in those photos.

susie_bubble said:
Here's the Cate photoshoot - it really is stunning and the article shows how earthy she is (thought that anyway!).

Thank you so much for posting!! Cate is gorgeous!!! One the best celebrity photoshoots I have seen in a while. I absolutely love it and can't wait for my own copy :woot:

Thanks for sharing the pics Susie!! Now I will go to Borders everyday waiting for those March issues :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaanok
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->