UK Vogue August 2019 : Karlie Kloss by Steven Meisel

Wasn’t it Carine who said that Green text doesn’t work in covers? I remember reading that somewhere

If she did, she was just recycling an old industry adage about green never selling on a cover - "poison on the newsstand" - although I wonder if that's ever been proven. They used to say black didn't sell either...

I love green, but this green is too green. :sick: Karlie looks okay on the other hand, but it's very forgettable.

I for one LOVE the green in the cover. Really energetic and fresh. Love the cover, great picture of Karlie.

The editorial preview looks like a disappointment tho. Again plain studio shoot with Meisel? Come on, give us more..

To be completely honest, almost every other magazine out there is devoid of glamour these days, so if I have to get my monthly glam fix via a white backdrop cover and a gray backdrop editorial, hell - so be it! It’ll probably get boring soon, just like Glenda’s Bazaar but I am enjoying it for now. And Edward is actually giving us models on covers.

Easily one of the best covers under the current EIC - might actually be their best, even if that's not saying much. Either way, this is a beautiful cover. Karlie looks gorgeous.

Glenda Bailey as well! Julianne Moore appeared on a US Bazaar cover years ago, a stunning shot and cover, but apparently it performed poorly on the newsstands because of the green colour.

And I agree with Blayne, the previews are much stronger. Especially the third shot, even if it doesn't look much like her.
There is something about that lime green text that makes me feel like the cover was made in MS Paint.

What have we done to deserve two Meisel covers in a row? You won’t hear me complain.

That said... this isn’t my most favourite of the British Vogue x Meisel covers. The green masthead irritates me, absolutely hate green on covers (except on Kate Moss’ Vogue Paris cover from 2008) but having a hard time figuring out which colour would’ve worked better?

Once again, the makeup on Meisel’s cover speaks volumes, so major kudos to Pat McGrath and I also cannot hate on the fact we have a model cover this month.

Carlyne should have trademark the « Styled by Moi » :lol::lol:

Love Meisel but bored by the execution. Ok he is not doing outdoors but can we have a set at least...
i don’t know, a house, a castle...Something!

....her? Is she even relevant anymore?

I know right!? What's up with Meisel. First Joan for Moschino and now Karlie. What is it, 2012?

Anyway, the cover is boring but the ed looks promising. Too bad it's mainly grey studio shots from Meisel nowadays.

This isn't a bad cover/story, but Meisel is just phoning it in these days.
Like I said about the Zoe cover last month, this one could have been done by anyone....and I mean anyone. There's nothing here to see.

I'd still love to see him collaborate with Madonna. I think she's one of the few who could make him bring something special again. They created so much legendary magic in the past.

Karlie still very much feels ‘relevant’ despite the fact I despise that term and the constant conversations that are had about people’s relevance.

She’s transitioned from landing covers for being a model to landing them for being a celebrity in her own right I’d say. She has Project Runway and several other projects up coming that move her further into that realm. She is also very, very good friends with Alec and Edward so it makes sense they’d use her.

The colours aren’t for me but happy to see Karlie back on a cover.

It's nice to see her on the cover again and shot by Steven...

Love this. Karlie looks gorgeous.
Although repetitive, I still find it attractive as Meisel covers for Vogue UK.

Two months in a row for Meisel, so I'm guessing no September blockbuster? Especially with Meghan Markle editing...something tells me that whole issue is going to be pedestrian as hell.

This is fine, but I'm bored as hell with Meisel's copy/paste editorial work for Edward. Penn worked in the studio for the vast majority of his career and his work was always shocking, thought-provoking and beautiful. Steven's latter works have been anything but :innocent:.

Edward's editorial vision and styling is soo dated and brings nothing fresh or creative to the table.

In spite of her supermodel body, I find Karlie her face just pretty meets pedestrian, and not elevating things..I don't know..

I get that he wanted something fresh,relax and casual, but Edward c'mon...this is Vogue...Lift it up....the previews looks very Meisel.....

with hair by guido makeup by pat and photographed by steven, and you're still givin' me a cover like this sh*t? HOW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->